Cleveland National Forest Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Mike Mike Motorbike, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    this message is self destructing...
  2. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    your neighbor pays the same taxes yet doesn't use the forest as much as you, you should pay more. you use it. give back.
  3. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    A forest doesn't cost money. It's a freaking mountain full of trees.
  4. Pucker

Pucker This is gonna hurt

Oddometer:
    +1

It costs more than you realize - mostly for preventing or dealing with the kind of shit everyone says they don't do or wouldn't tolerate. Nobody is saying the $ is managed wisely, but until you can personally guarantee there will be no dumping, fires, or environmental disasters, it'll cost $ to maintain. Even with volunteers they can't keep up with demand.

You're right, we shouldn't have to double pay - but douchebags shouldn't ruin stuff for everyone either. Get rid of them and you'll have your free forest.
  5. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    i'll have to ask Klammer how much each hour we volunteer costs. yet, i still buy an Adventure Pass for a whopping $30 for a whole year.

think of eating out, drinking fancy coffee, buying cases of beer, etc etc. that's nothing in comparison and i'm more than happy to pay to play.

snowboarding would cost $60 - $100 a day. yes, it's a private ski area, but i look at it as the same.
  6. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Yep, those white men sports are expensive. You ever see how much to water ski!
  7. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    For each volunteer hour, the feds give $18.00 to the nfs to invest back into Rowher Flats. Long live the Rowher Flats Trail Krew!:clap
  8. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Being an EX boat owner, i don't even want try to count the cost of water skiing:cry I'll stick with the dirt bikes:freaky

RIDE ON!
  9. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Exactly
  10. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    We already pay to the tune of over $50.00 per bike for the Green Stickers, which in my family adds up to a lot of $$$$.

Bundy
  11. Pucker

Pucker This is gonna hurt

Oddometer:
    You got that right - what a money pit!

Decent boat (used) = $15K
    Decent towing vehicle (used) = $15K
    Decent ski = $500
    Gas to tow boat = $0.25+ per mile
    Gas to operate boat = $1 per mile

...or drop it all into a sailboat and travel for free.

Either way, the only thing more "off road" is a plane.
  12. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    A portion of our federal and state taxes are allocated for maintenance of state and federal parks. Furthermore, the state of CA just found $67mm in unused park funds that had been misplaced. Instead of paying more taxes, maybe we should send our state accountants back to school to learn how to account for what we already have before giving them more for them to lose.
  13. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bet they found the money in an old PayPal account.
  14. ElMartillo

ElMartillo I See Faces...

Oddometer:
    Which gate? Maple Springs and Skyline: CLOSED. :cry
  15. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    Rode some areas around the Palomar Ranger District today :clap

Only saw one coulpe out driving taking pictures. We had the whole place to ourselves.

Maybe CNF doesnt completely suck :lol3

A few pics

Cory

[​IMG]

Kali TR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Jerry. I like this one, how was the landing?
  17. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    those gates should never be closed, period. no matter how many people go party up there. theres always someone who collects cans. other than that, paper waiste turns back into soil.
  18. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Golly gee guys! I'm sorry. It wasn't $67mm, it was over $280,000,000. :lol3. Let them figure out how to account for what they have before we give them another dime.

READ BELOW!

Oops--California Audit Finds Tons of “Lost” Cash
    Townhall.com ^ | August 5, 2012 | Ann-Marie Murrell
    Posted on August 5, 2012 7:14:19 AM PDT by Kaslin

Last May, Governor Jerry Brown threatened to close 70 state parks in order to help balance the budget and plug the holes of the sinking ship that is California.*

Immediately, park-loving activists went to work and through bake sales and donations, the public helped save 69 of the 70 parks.

But then, oops---California auditors recently looked under their government couch cushions and located over $286 million in “misplaced” funds.

From the L.A. Times (emphasis added):* “Gov. Jerry Brown's administration on Friday announced that $119 million more in untapped money was found in a sweeping audit of state accounts, bringing to more than $286.5 million the sum lawmakers were unaware of as they repeatedly cut government services…The additional money that lawmakers were unaware of includes funds for healthcare programs, reimbursement of crime victims and cleanup of underground petroleum tanks.”

“Unaware of”??* Even if I won the lottery and became a gazillionaire, I can’t imagine not being aware of $286.5 million.*

A Mercury News review found at least 17 accounts that “appeared to have significantly more serve cash than what individual departments reported to the finance department.”*

This sudden bounty of cash is causing a few more headaches for Brown.*

For one, the activists, local governments and non-profits that collected money to save the state parks are now asking for refunds.

"There was a sense of betrayal," said Carolyn Schoff, head of the California League of Parks Associations, an alliance of nonprofits. "We're the ones in the trenches raising funds for state parks, and now there's a dark shadow over us."

Another problem is the obvious—how in the world can one state “misplace” so much money?* Lots of finger wagging is happening, with each department scrambling to place blame elsewhere.

One of the largest discrepancies occurred within the Public Utilities Commission, which regulates telecommunications and energy services.

A spokeswoman for the commission said the accounting discrepancies are probably only "recording errors."

Sigh.

Democrat lawmakers are saying the audit “would not have changed how the state pieced together its budget this year”—yet these same lawmakers have used the funds to pay bills and according to the Times, the Legislature now owes them $4.3 billion (with a ‘b’), “a nearly sixfold increase since 2008.”*

These major monetary discrepancies perfectly explain why Republicans are constantly screaming and shouting about “big government”.* Any state that is so out of control that it can misplace enormous amounts of money—making politicians and Union fat cats richer and richer while her cities are filing bankruptcy--needs a major dose of checks and balances.

The good news in all of this is that perhaps these mishaps will result in some job openings to help boost California’s rising unemployment rate.* I suggest they start by hiring a few good accountants--and maybe an Oversight Committee or two.*

On a personal note--because I live here in La La Land-- I remain ever hopeful that the good citizens of California will finally see the light and will stop voting for the same old Democrats who seem intent on running this beautiful state further into the abyss.
  19. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    It was down hill... So it was not too bad.

Alot better then on the old XR650R!! :lol3

Oh I almost forgot... All gates were open.
  20. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

My last boat, Allegiance, an Andrews 43 - original cost to build - $528,000 (luckily, I paid much less than that as the second owner)
    33 sails for racing - $185,000
    5 sails for delivery - $23,000
    Ockham nav computer - $33,000
    2 Loran Cs - $3800
    1 Garmin GPS - $1600
    $460/mth for the slip
    $120/mth for bottom maintenance.

Too much more to list.................

The last two years I owned this boat, I added three sails - $21,000, a rebuild on the BMW diesel motor - $1500, new bottom paint, hull fairing, topside paint and non skid - $8700.

Sailboat, FREE, not quite.....:lol3. FUN, most definitely!

[​IMG]

I raced this boat into oblivion for over a decade, then sold it for $27,000. That's racing!