Full-Synthetic 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by aiMhi, Apr 10, 2012.

1. doctor_big

doctor_big Rode hard and put up wet

Oddometer:
    Will you ship to Canada? If so what would the cost be?
  2. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Hi Dr - We will find out for you. PM your zip info to me.
    Thanks for the interest.
  3. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    I have to retract that statement. I'm used to using xW-40, but I rechecked the manual and it says xW-50 is fine for any temps above freezing (the only time I'm riding anyways).
  4. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

Shipping to Canada would be cool..........:wink:

B
  5. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    For our friends fom Canuckistan :D

Shipping a 25LB box 13x10x10 to Canda is expensive.

E1C6M6 Moncton Canada $39 extra per case - UPS - $140 USPS - WTF!
    M4M2L8 Toronto Canada $24 extra per case

Now if you have your own mailbox on the US side lemme know or if you have someone
    with a pick-em-up coming state side we can try and figure something out ok.
  6. doctor_big

doctor_big Rode hard and put up wet

Oddometer:
    UPS ground to Canada incurs boatloads of brokerage fees. I'm trying to get enough people interested to make it worth the 3hr round trip to Lewiston NY.

Do you have 4qt jugs? No need for the extra packaging of 1qt bottles.

Jason
  7. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Hi Jason - I will find out for you today :)
  8. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    I would like to see the same comparison tests that Amsoil publishes when their product is compared to other manufactures.
    A ball bearing test to be more specific. The pricing looks good, but the specifications are very vague.
  9. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:

Hi Kyle B - I would like to address your concerns but let me know what is "very vague" about the product specifications as posted here and available on the Royal website?

The oil is a full synthetic oil with a PAO base, meets or exceed JASO MA 2 specifications and contains 1371ppm Zinc. Post your concerns and we can take it to Riverside Labs to answer, or you are welcome to contact them directly http://www.royalmfg.com/riversidelab.html if you want to have a molecular discussion :lol3.

Why even bother with a bearing test since they will also claim like every other manufacturer that their oil has been independently tested to be superior to the other since all oils have a "sweet spot" for performance and they can exploit that in their tests. These test typically dont show the real details such as the environmentals involved, the bearing surface types and other variables that can play into isolating their products "sweet spot". http://youtu.be/Ne7ayhPVVYY

In the last month I have tested my bike's "bearings" on a 500 mile Enduro (ADV Medano Boondoggle) and just Saturday on a 200 mile Enduro ( ADV BrekTrek) and my XR650R ran like a top and my temp's stayed at 178F with no auto fan kicking in. I have a manual Spal Fan that I never turned on, even on the 717 tight trails outside Woodland park. It's an XR and it started first time - every - time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    In 3,000 miles this run of Monarch will be dumped and a sample sent off to Blackstone for a UOA. I will probably also send a second sample out out the bottle for a VOA....just to compare apples to apples with Blackstone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Tripletreat

Tripletreat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great news! I look forward to reading the results. :clap
  12. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    140 BUCKS,,,,,,:lol3 that`s funny as hell......:lol3...we`ll work something out,,i have alot of friends that go to the U.S. for winter and return in the spring..we`ll get it done then:wink:

B
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    10w-40 is pretty much they standard for most bikes outside of the harley v-twin word and maybe old air-cooled bikes used in the summer, so i'm confused how they could have zero demand?

i completely understand your passion about helping them move forward, but not having 10w-40 is a huge gap in their product line.
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    yes a little over $6 a bottle is the correct price for a POA (type 4 synth) automotive labled bottle (Mobil 1 being the baseline at approx the same price) and for sure cheaper than other MC specific POA sell for. most all MC specific oil is way over-priced to start with with, not to mention the bogus hydro-cracked type 3 many companies pass off for synthetic. $6 comes in much better than the well used and respected Amsoil and they have varied qualities of synth depending on the oil. of course POA doesn't hold weight to top shelf Ester-based Type 5 synth, but works very well below race levels of performance and you're not paying $10+ qt for it. Only a few are true Type 5 such as Redline, certain Motuls and Maximas.

like i said before make 10w-40 and they'll sell boat loads of cases!

15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    how did the company come up that name?
    to be honest it sounds like an attempt to rip off from royal purple, not something original.

i wish you the best of luck. i'm betting the oil biz is a cut-throat industry.
    when you have 10w-40 i'll give it a go!!!
    i run that weight in both of my bikes.

16. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    Eak.....I poured in the 15w50 to my VStrom....which you have seen.

I just did a 500 mile ride with the wife (2-up)....with her make-up bag, curlers, blowdrier....etc..... Yeah, we were loaded over the VStrom limit. We ran the high-mountain stuff and I70 at 80 mph....pulling hard on the passes, etc..... for miles and miles, I was pushing well over 7k-8k RPM's.

I came home and the oil in the sight glass hasn't dropped a single bit.

I will tell everyone that with Mobil1 15w50 and with Rotella T6.....would have dropped in my sight glass, significantly. .....and this oil doesn't. My best guess is the...very high flash point. I can't explain it any other way.

I challenge anyone to buy a case and......make a complaint.

[​IMG]
  17. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Eakins, in regards to the rip off on the Royal name, let's look at the history. Royal Manufacturing circa 1914.
    This article about Royal Purple indicates 1986, mmm who ripped who off - LOL! http://www.royalpurple.com/company-history/

Royal Manufacturing is by no means a new little start-up company, rather a proud American company with more history that many others with a 10 million gallon capacity plant. Keep in mind they have been around for a long time but as a wholesaler and industrial supplier of railway, construction, marine, mining and automotive oil products. They make products for other labels, so this is a concession to be selling as we are in small volume. Since you asked here is some information about the companies history; published here: http://www.royalmfg.com/aboutus.html the full article is on the clickable link below named "Full Throttle at Royal Manufacturing".

10W-40 Should be coming soon, we have requested access to it.

The Beginning of Royal Manufacturing's Legacy
    A Look Back
    (Written by Lisa Tocci, Full Throttle at Royal Manufacturing, featured in Lubes n’ Greases Magazine, June 2009.)
    [​IMG]

The Mallory family’s involvement with Royal Manufacturing began in the Depression years. “In the late 1930s, my mother Lee started working for Royal Manufacturing, which at the time was a small specialty grease company serving the oil fields,” related Bill Mallory. “They needed day laborers, so she went home at lunch and brought Dad back to work. Later, the company’s owners went to serve during World War II, and the banks took over the company. Soon, my dad Dick Mallory was running it, and then he bought it from the banks.” Like his son, the senior Mallory had a passion for expansion, and in the 1950s he bought the remnants of Tulsa Refined Oil Co. (Troco), a lubricants compounder in business since 1914, and merged its operations into Royal’s.

“Every year, we saw growth,” Mallory Jr. went on, “and in 1976 we acquired Wright Oil down in San Antonio. Wright supplied the same “outside” businesses that were Royal’s stronghold — off-highway, heavy equipment and farming. Bill Mallory Jr., was able to build its volume by diversifying into new markets, such as railroad engine oil.

In 1983 fire destroyed the Troco plant in Tulsa. Tulsa rebuilt and rebounded, and has seen two expansions since; Wright Oil also has grown, moving into a new plant in 2007 with 10 million gallons of annual capacity. Another diversification came in 1998, when Royal Manufacturing began selling base oil into Mexico and the Caribbean. By 2000, business had increased enough to build tanks in Brownsville. Royal has added another 30,000-barrel tank last year. Subsidiary RTW Terminal in Brownsville, Texas, now has 36 tanks with 200,000 barrels of space, and truck, railcar and barge-loading capabilities.

June of 2009 welcomed the opening of a new lubricating grease plant at Royal Manufacturing’s subsidiary north of San Antonio. In addition to making mainstream products like lithium complex greases, Wright Oil Co. will produce specialties such as polyurea, calcium sulfonate and aluminum complex greases, and biobased, synthetic and food grade varieties.
  18. ScramblerDavis

ScramblerDavis aka DangerDavis

Oddometer:
    Amarillo,TX, but Rockies and Utah are best ridin'
    I appreciate and understand everyone's concerns, thoughts, and input as a MC rider and factory rep for Royal, I would also like to mention that I've used their products, of course, over the last three years in all my bikes and have had excellent results and better performance than other products I used in the past. Now...that being a little prejudiced as it may seem, Royal products are of the highest quality available in all categories as we are one of the high quality blenders and packagers of other oil companies products including major oil company's, private labels, and independent oil products. Products we make for others can be found on shelves in premium retail outlets. Our products are only sold thru a distributor network and we do not spend extra money on national advertising like the majors and thus are able to sell at a more competitive price. We primarily cater to heavy equipment, industrial, mining, and agricultural type markets but do make premium products also for the automotive/MC markets. We do recognize that a 10/40 MC oil is a high demand oil and are considering adding it to our line as the demand increases.
    We recommend that you use the correct weight that your warranty calls for while under warranty, and then you can choose an alternative weight for personal preference, if you so desire, when warranty expires. I personally have used the 15/50 in all my bikes either in or out of warranty and have had excellent results.
    I hope this will help answer some of your concerns and we appreciate all your responses regarding our products.
    Thanks and safe riding!!:1drink

19. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just received the case of oil

thanks Bern :clap
  20. John_L

John_L Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine last Friday too. Thanks for the fast ship. Will post up when used.