Specific to Women

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by VelvtRide, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Newstar

Newstar Adventurer

Oddometer:

Chiming in late but here is my two cents:

Definitely find good motoX boots. When I took the RawHyde course, I didn't give boots much thought. I wore my Oxtar (touring) boots. I've since learned that I need a more rigid sole. I ride in Alpine Stars now and for the first few months, it felt like walking and riding in ski boots. They are very stiff until broken in but now I love them and it helps alot to have a solid foot bed.

If you can afford it, rent one of their bikes. It's so much easier to learn when you are not worried about breaking something on your bike. Trust me! I took a few spectacular wipe outs on their bike!

The group should be no more than 12 riders with two instructors. All are taught the same course regardless of prior experience. Don't be intimidated by your husband or any othe rrider that you feel is better than you. But do be prepared to take a spill or two and learn from each one.

It's expensive but well worth the $$$. Let us know how you made out!
  2. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    As far as the hair thing goes, well, I just chopped it off before I left, Soooo much easier, especially being on the road for a long time like I am. It's actually growing out again, I just cut it again a month or so ago.

[​IMG]
  3. Lee C

Lee C Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Hi Tuffstuff my Girlfriend loves your boots can you please tell me who makes them Thanks Great pic on the pole:D
  4. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Tuffstuff my Girlfriend loves your boots can you please tell me who makes them Thanks Great pic on the pole:D[/QUOTE]

Ah the boots!!! Yes I love those boots. I wear them when we are on the Harley because the slip on and off easy and have no heel and are super simple. I ordered them from DSW for $35 2 years ago when we were riding across country from Sturgis. They are called zigi soho boots. I can't find them online right now but if I do will send you the link.

Thanks for the compliment about the pic. I do pole fitness and couldn't resist jumping on a pole when I saw one in Daytona :-)
  5. Lee C

Lee C Long timer

Oddometer:

Ah the boots!!! Yes I love those boots. I wear them when we are on the Harley because the slip on and off easy and have no heel and are super simple. I ordered them from DSW for $35 2 years ago when we were riding across country from Sturgis. They are called zigi soho boots. I can't find them online right now but if I do will send you the link.

Thanks for the compliment about the pic. I do pole fitness and couldn't resist jumping on a pole when I saw one in Daytona :-)[/QUOTE]
    Thanks I think I found them Sold Out
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/zigi+soho+m...040&cm_mmc=affil-_-kaboodle.com-_-main-_-main
    Again Thank You
  6. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
  7. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody else having trouble finding plus size gear? I just ordered some 19/20 pants from Girls Moto Gear, the only pair I could find with google. I don't mind wearing a men's jersey or XL for women usually is fine, but finding pants is a pain! Advice? Besides weight watchers? (actually, working on it)....but in the meantime.........
  8. Zapkat

Zapkat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a 'fluffy' gal, myself, and I find men's riding pants work just fine for me. I guess my waist to hip ratio isn't very womanly. But I agree with you - finding women's riding gear when you aren't a size 6 is a royal PITA..

Oh, and in your helmet, no one can hear you sing, either - unless your comm system is vox activated!
  9. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    I ordered the one pair I found and if they don't work I'm hitting the men's section. It's funny you mention singing, I did a lot in my helmet this summer when I was touring by myself......You get quite the effect when the sound is bouncing back 3 inches from your face!

When you bought the men's did you buy according to waist size?
  10. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:

Have you been to Chaparrel and tried stuff on? They have a big selection of gear, men's and women's. The pants I wear are men's pants also, I like the way they fit better, the women's pants tend to fit too low on the waist for a woman "of a certain age" :lol3 (me) particularly one who isn't skinny
  11. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything.

Oddometer:
    I wear men's pants too even though I'm heavy and very curvy. In normal clothes there is no way I can wear men's pants and I can't wear men's motorcycle jackets but the pants seem to be cut differently. I find Shift gear fits me well especially the enduro pants for dual sporting.
  12. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    Thanks all! I'm hoping the ones I ordered fit, if not it's off to the men's section! I'm going to be buying a xt250 - my first foray into dual sport. I'll be posting some more about gear - I'm clueless about dirt gear other than a lot of pads for various body parts. I did discover that knee pads would be nice if you dump over your road bike (I skinned my knee through my jeans)
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

I found one website that carried gear for abdominally challenged men, be nice if somebody realized that women of a certain physique like to ride too!
  13. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    I found this company called motosport that makes custom gear - it's brutally expensive, but looks like really nice stuff with a lot of options. The best part is they make to fit. We'll see.....
  14. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think you mean Motoport. Yes, Motoport makes custom gear that has quite a few fans here on ADVrider:
    http://www.motoport.com/
  15. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    I have a Motoport Canyon jacket..
    It's a tad big but I do love it....
  16. tymetrvlr

tymetrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:

"Fluffy". I like that description.

:norton
  17. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    I knew when I typed this that it didn't sound quite right......:rofl
  18. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
    I like it too :) Have you heard of Gabriel Iglesias, the comedian. He has a website fluffyguy.com ... very funny guy.
  19. Wadester

Wadester Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer:
    Here's a semi/custom women's one piece suit:

http://store.teizms.com/revolution
    [​IMG]

$900, but built to fit you. Just saw a comment a week or so ago that they were headed for 2pc of the same standard.
  20. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
    Wadester - your hair looks too good for having just ridden and taken your helmet off!!! There are websites built around helmet head secrets - what's yours? :D