Rekluse Auto Clutch for F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by toro618, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    were we talking a calendar week, or a work week?

What?

I'm not a patient man, I don't have THAT long to live. Maybe only 30 years. I want to fill them with memories, not longings.
  2. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Patience Grasshopper, all good things take time :wink:.
  3. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    So I have my F800 home with a standard EXP clutch installed.

It is pretty awesome for the few rides I've been on so far. I was pretty tough on it on the last ride and didn't experience any problems. The clutch lever is definitely stiffer as described per the Rekluse website, but who needs to use the lever now......:D. Also plenty of engine braking as expected.

Its interesting parking a heavy bike on an uphill slope when the engine is stopped so it doesn't roll away being as there isn't any clutch engagement...........:rofl
  4. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

That is good news. I called them last week to make sure I was on their buyer list.

Thanks again for providing your bike and time.
  5. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    curious how this could be remedied with the hymec magura clutch
  6. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    Might be an option. I was thinking you already had one of those on your bike? As you well know if there is a will there is a way! What I was advised would discourage production of a CORE-EXP with an easier clutch pull would be the needed extra room for the clutch basket area. With the side cover being so large I'm sure it would be costly to manufacture for the F800. For what I'm doing in spending a few days in the woods where I shouldn't be with the bike the extra stiffness probably won't be a problem to me. The clutch pull currently reminds me of a 83 Honda 350 I once had with a racing clutch installed in it.
  7. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

saw this from a friend and I am in the process of making a couple...
  8. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you tried this set-up yourself? Longer lever = easier pull but less rotation at the shaft. With added length is there still enough rotation to fully engage and disengage the clutch? I understand this (not enough throw) is an issue with some of the aftermarket aftermarket hydraulic set-ups. Have heard of several early clutch failures due to clutch drag.
  9. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Wunderlich clutch lever and the settings allow the clutch lever to sit closer the bars at max adjustment. It's good for me as I have some tendon issues in the left hand but essentially I'm getting a slightly less complete disengagement of the clutch when lever is set that way. I use the extreme setting when my hand is acting up. I suspect that extending the lever at the other end of the cable would have the same effect. As the slack is set per the manual it's only the disengagement that is affected. I understand that the hydraulic kit also has less overall travel than the stock. Sadly the takeaway is that there's no free lunch!
  10. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    setup seemed to work for me in the one day I did riding it. He's had this setup now for a few thousand miles or so and never any issue.... :dunno

back to the this thread updates.....

[​IMG]

All I can offer you at this time! :D I have been asked to not post pictures, details, etc etc online until the R&D process is completed and the final product is ready... hope you guys understand... I will however update you when I can, though it may be very minimal answers....

ok.... maybe one more picture.....

[​IMG]

fine three.... :lol3

[​IMG]
  11. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    How far are we from production?

Seriously!

I feel the need.

Besides it's almost Christmas, and I've been nice....well...mostly.
  12. ride2little

ride2little Riding Like the Wind

Oddometer:
    Rode one today (thanks Ben!). All I can say is SWEET. Weird to get used to at first, but sweet.
  13. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was told not for atleast one month.
  14. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to hijack but would you share the dimensions -- or at least a straight on photo? Thanks!
  15. ride2little

ride2little Riding Like the Wind

Oddometer:
    Yep. You cant buy one just yet...
  16. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    I have build one like this in the past. I can't recall if it was on an IT490 or XR600, but never had any problems with the clutch in an enduro racing environment.
  17. rjudge

rjudge Texan from near Muskogee

Oddometer:
    WHAT?! I'll be ordering one as soon as they're available for the 800GS. I've got one on my G650X Xchallenge and it's like cheating in the tight stuff.

18. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've put around a 1000 miles on my rekluse... can't ask for anything better!

Its a whole new bike! Absolutely love it!!
  19. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear. Have you tried steep downhill with rear locked and sliding? I am curious if the factory set idle is high enough to avoid stalling.

Thanks for you feedback.
  20. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've locked the rear end up more than a few times... never once and issue