Arizona DAM Riders and Death Valley Daze

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Rogue Scout, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Rogue Scout

Rogue Scout Instigator Deluxe

Oddometer:
    Affectionately known as DVDAZE. What is group interest in a contingency from AZ DAM riders at this hallowed event?

We have at least one prior attendee who can furnish a first hand, eye witness account. Codewheeney to the courtesy paging phone, please.
  2. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll have a large pizza, half sausage ....

Here's my report from last year. Lots of other reports are here on AdvRider, I suggest you check 'em out.

Death Valley in January really rocks. This year's event is being held 26 - 28 January, 2006, see the DVDaze Site

Last year fellow DAM shennanigan-ists CrozB and Beem Dubya were present.

It's a great place, a big party, spectacular scenery and great riding.

This year, I'm gonna try to take a few more days, leave Phx on Thursday evening and camp somewhere between here and there, and have a more leasurely (and less cold) ride on Friday. Gonna come home on Monday, so I have all day Sat and Sun to ride in DV.

I'm probably gonna get a room again in Furnace Creek, so I'll be looking for a roommate who does not snore. If you lie about this, I will do rude things to your toothbrush. I'm even thinking of spending Sat-Sun night somewhere out in the park, camping that night away from the organized sites.

Anyway, let the wild speculation and plans begin.

JC
  3. russbryant

russbryant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love to do this trip. Count me in.

Russ
    Tucson
    90 GSPD
    ABC#9237
  4. AZcacti

AZcacti Dope on a Rope

Oddometer:
    Here is another report from DIEZEL. DVD '06 was great and I'll be there in '07.

Local board

[​IMG]
  5. Beem Dubya

Beem Dubya ...least I have chicken.

Oddometer:
    I'm in for a rematch. I'm still on the fence about roomin' it or roughin' it.

Don't laugh...I'm an old man.:gerg
  6. Gillies

Gillies Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning for this ride as well. Would probably prefer to room it. My wife says I don't snore.
  7. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    I have been looking forward to this ride since reading all the reports from the last event. I have this on my schedule and I am working towards a new bike. I still hope to get one before the fall ride. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  8. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    throw your DR in the truck or trailer mister. i think i might drive my bike to DVD instead of ride if i go. set up a base camp with the truck, i am not yet a bike packer with all the panniers and stuff for longer duration.
  9. CrozB

CrozB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The S.O. wants to go this year too so we also are going to take an extra day in traveling there and back. No camping for us, unless we bring the RV this year. Most likely will just go for a room as it is easier to get your drink on then stumble back to your room :freaky

My wife says I don't snore, but that just because she falls asleep before me I think :snore

Looking forward to it for sure!!! :clap
  10. Kural

Kural Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to it!

And I'll second Code's comment about a less cold ride. (not that I was there last year, but I hate to be cold!!)

Hey Brain, is your new avatar one of the pack at home? What kinda bike are you getting?

Looks like we'll have quite the showing...
  11. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    I might have to do that if I can't find what I want.

Yes, that is Pop the smallest one at about four pounds. I think I want to get a KLR. Bonnie is interested in riding so I would keep the DR for her to try out.
  12. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    there are an awfull lot of KLR's around. you should be able to find one. i hold them in much respect for an all round bike, i had 82,000 on mine when a car took it out.
  13. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    Yea that’s what brought me to that decision. I finely put my wife’s quad up for sale, I want to get that taken care of first. I’m afraid if I get a new bike first the quad will get pushed into the corner again to collect dust. Also if I sell it first I will have some $$$ for farkels.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><o:p></o:p></o:p>
  14. Rogue Scout

Rogue Scout Instigator Deluxe

Oddometer:
    Okay DAM riders, who's interested in this trip? So far it looks like Code, me, Russ, Beem Dubya, CrozB & Kural, 2Spot, Cactus Rider, Gillies, Brain.......

Prolly time to start thinking about accomodations and planning......mark your calendars.
  15. Cornbread Red

Cornbread Red Fart's dust

Oddometer:
    Yah, count me in.. :D

I'll get a room in Furnace Creek, probably.

Chip
  16. hurty

hurty my back..it's my back

Oddometer:
    A bunch of Sissies. I'll turn 60 at the DVD and have always camped. But it is about the ride. Actually the croud at the walk in camp ground is refined and all gentlemen and ladies (kinda). I've been there in the cold (not even freezing) and it ain't bad. It is nasty when it rains (whole valley flooded 2 yrs ago) but the warm friendship and a good bag/bottle help a lot. Hope to seez bunches oy you DAM guys there.:D
  17. Brain

Brain mr. self destruct

Oddometer:
    Well I did get a new ride as most of you know. So I'm on for this. Mrs. Brain is signed up for her M/C class in a few weeks and she is looking forward to this also (she will inherit the DR350). We have a friend in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Barstow</st1:City> and are thinking we will trailer there and ride out from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Barstow</st1:place></st1:City>. Do we need to make reservations at the camp ground???<o:p></o:p>
  18. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes. Check out http://www.dvdaze.org/ for details on hotel or campground reservations.

JC
  19. Kural

Kural Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is great! More women in the group! Looking forward to seeing her riding! :clap
  20. Cornbread Red

Cornbread Red Fart's dust

Oddometer:
    Well, Furnace Creek (Ranch/Inn) are too expensive for this cheap basrtard, So somewhere there's gotta be a fleabag motel, hopefully with other budget-minded (and warm) ADV'ers?

CHip