Zumo 550 won't import new .gpx files

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by spartanman, Oct 15, 2013.

1. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    I could use some help here. I downloaded three .gpx files to the GPX folder on the Garmin device. I also created a GPX folder on the SD card and saved them there. When I disconnect the Zumo from my computer, or when I power it up next, I understand there's supposed to be a message that says it found new data. I never get that message. There are no new routes available in Where To? or in User Data. What am I doing wrong?
  2. spartanman

Oddometer:
    Never mind. I figured it out.:D
  3. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please explain it to us so that the next person that has this issue will love you for this thread. :deal

Marc
  4. spartanman

Oddometer:
    Well, it turns out the files were imported as trip logs, not routes. And they didn't come in with the .gpx names that I had assigned to them in the GPX folder. All were titled "Google Driving Directions Track" with a sequential number appended to the end. In User Data/Import Data/Trip Logs I selected and imported the files. The Zumo interface lets you rename the files, but I don't understand why they don't come in named. After importing they became available as Routes in the Where To? menu.
  5. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Member FDIC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Routes can be a monstrous pain in the ass when you thought you had a track to follow. Ask me how I know.