1. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please help if you are able & purchase & put these decals on your vehicles, cars, street bikes, DS bikes. If you can only buy one it will help. www.military-graphics.com
  2. sandwash

sandwash Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
  4. flybynitetours

flybynitetours Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am from AZ originally, have relatives in Prescott, fought fire in my youth and came close to the same end here . rw
  5. PALMER84ONE

PALMER84ONE GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer:
    Would like to know if they are doing a 100% less shipping to the cause. I will order a bunch when they answer to my email.

Thanks for posting this. I was on my way home from Prescott on the Saturday eve of this total bummer! Drove right through Yarnell and the fire seemed to be pushing west.
  6. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    If you click on the web site & click on the decal it says all proceeds will go to the families of the Hot Shots.
  7. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Not to be a downer but you should ask questions as to how much of the money is going to the families. Proceeds means after the costs are removed and that is the number you need to know. The Red Cross as great an orginization as it is gets about 4% of the money they are donated to the people who need it and the rest goes to operating costs. Another example is the Live Strong bands that Lance Armstrong pushed... not one cent went to any charity.... they say it is for awareness..... but no one buying one was told that.

I try to give where I can as many people do however it can be surprising how many terrible situation are taken advantage of by people taking things or money they shouldn't.

Just my 2 cents... feel free to call me names if you choose.
  8. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    No need. Thanks for the info. Save your money I am taking a chance on this one.
  9. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    +1
    (copied from www.yarnellfallenfirefighters.com)
    Donations – The Diamondback Major League Baseball organization will present a donation check to the Prescott Fire charities tonight at the Whiskey Row Street Dance. Honor Guard will post Colors at 5 PM, followed by the National Anthem, and the check presentation ceremony will take place at 7:30 PM. The Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial Incident Management Team would like to express our gratitude for the huge outpouring of concern from across the country. As of this morning, more than $1.6 million has been received by three firefighter-endorsed organizations: the 100 Club of Arizona, the Wildland Firefighters Foundation, and the United Phoenix Firefighters Association. The official team website is www.yarnellfallenfirefighters.com. Other similar websites have also been created but their intent or credibility has not been verified. We encourage all donors to first check the credibility and confirm their 501C3 status before donating. Credit cards can be used for donations on the official website and 100% of the donations will be given to the 19 families. (Monetary donations are preferred.) We have received many offers to donate poetry and music for the memorial service. We are very appreciative of all offers; however, the program for the memorial service is substantially complete.
  10. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
  11. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    I ordered a few a couple days ago. I'm taking off on a 3-week tour of the West, and one will be placed on my GS windscreen for the ride :-)
  12. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    awesome decal, it even has the names of the 19....:thumb

[​IMG]

happy to help....and it ain't a bad deal folks.
  13. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Thanks & thanks:clap
  14. PALMER84ONE

PALMER84ONE GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer:
    2 cents well taken here! This is the reason it is better to give strait a large amount and ask people like this "exactly" what is going to the families.

AZ-Tom, just looking out for the families rather than a company that may or may not be trying to profit from a loss. A good thing is that the Company is from the Prescott area and may know or be part of the fire crew family.

So instead of ordering 100 stickers like I will when I hear back "ALL" proceeds go, less shipping, I will wait and see if 10 or 20 will do.

Again, thanks for posting this.
  15. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir for your concern & input.
  16. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I Went yesterday to Prescott with my family, to pay respect for the fallen FF :cry, I made a small donation (like Reidy said I don't know if the money do go and how much of it to the families), but oh well I hope for the best use of this money.
    Waiting for the convoy to arrive. I'll tell you it was real emotional moment for all. Thousands of people rounding up the street and it was so quiet u can hear a pin drop.
    [​IMG]
    The convoy of their bodies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Having just finished watching the memorial service I will henceforth, when I ride out from my garage at dawn through the surrounding forest in Prescott & beyond, always remember & never forget or take for granted what I have & what men such as these make possible for this 72 year old guy to enjoy. Thanks to those past & present for your sacrifice & for looking after our land & those who live in it. Prescott 19 forever in my heart & mind.
  18. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 :thumb
  19. 7164

7164 1 above potato patch

Oddometer:
    I didn't go to the procession, but over the weekend I went to the memorial at their station 3 times and the silence was one of the most striking things I noticed. It was eerie and impressive and awesome all at the same time how the space around that memorial was devoid of sound.....emotionally moving doesn't even begin to describe it.
  20. John E

John E Long timer

Oddometer:
    About the Red Cross. If you donated your 2 cents to them 1.84 of it would go the people they help.