Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    During the neutralized section, can they take fuel from other than ASO sources? Like from an HRC support truck just before the next section?
  2. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    I disagree; 6 minutes is nothing. It's only day 4. Despres has shown he can reel that much time in seemingly at will. I think he playing a smart game right now.
  3. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    a little perspective here:

dakar 2009
    Aliens, 3rd Fretigne 1h39

dakar 2010
    Alien, 2nd Pal 1h03

dakar 2011
    Aliens, 3rd Helder 1h40

dakar 2012
    Aliens, 3rd Helder 1h11

dakar 2013
    5h stage
    there are 24 riders within the hour at the moment

:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk
  4. cvlighthouse

cvlighthouse keep it in your pants!

Oddometer:
    The Hummer is listed as finishing in 3rd place for today (so far...) GORDON (USA), WALCH (USA) HUMMER 001:51:21 total 00:01:41 back
  5. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    I don't think so, but I'd have to check the rule book to be sure. I think if the service and competitor routes overlap on a liaison, you can service, but I don't remember a neutralized section of special falling under that provision.
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:

That was after 4 stages or 14?
  7. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm am going to assume they still consider the neutralized section part of the SS, So it's no, only from other competitors still in the race

By the Driver of a car, a bike or a truck officially entered in and still in the race.
    By an assistance category vehicle, after the closure of the control at the end of the Selective Section and after having informed the Organiser

can't find anything talking about neutralized
  9. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Without the dunes it should be ok, the altitude section is what, 209 km so that's about 30 km in reserve from zip, altitude for dunes? Should be about ok?:eek1
  10. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Nice drive.
  11. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ref SS6, does anyone else think that two CPs so close together (16km) may indicate that that section may be particularly challenging?

YAAY, Luis!!!
    :clap:clap:clap
  12. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My rule book is getting tattered....Should have had it laminated!!
  13. too old

Oddometer:
    So RG will have a jerry can for JC for HR :lol3
  14. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And about 100k is paved road in neutralized section...I think it's good to go!!
  15. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Long day tomorrow, very early start, and someone just tweeted that everyone in the circus is gonna lose 2 hours of sleep as well due to the time difference

can't wait
  16. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    or a siphon hose :D
  17. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:rofl
  18. too old

Oddometer:
  19. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    dakar com

With David Casteu winning the day's stage and Olivier Pain still on top of the general standings, the excellent health of the Yamaha YZF was confirmed today. However, Joan Barreda lost out big time, halted by fuel problems.

The first impressions have proved to be correct. For the last few weeks, the riders of the various versions of the Yamaha YZF have not stopped praising the progress made during the year that has passed. In the battle with KTM, Husqvarna and Honda, the blue bikes have quickly made their mark. To illustrate, Olivier Pain took control of the general standings yesterday, in front of his team-mate David Casteu. Might the two Frenchmen have taken advantage of the racing context to stage a hold-up on the race order? No way! This morning, the duo dealt with the situation with aplomb, opening the road almost right throughout a special stage that was quicker than the previous ones. The power of the Yamaha spoke volumes, to the benefit of David Casteu, who added a third stage victory on the Dakar to the ones he won in Nouakchott in 2006 and Cordoba in 2010.

Olivier Pain and David Casteu managed to hold off Cyril Despres, who could have taken advantage of his starting position to try and regain control of the rally today, but who did not achieve such a feat. What's more, the struggle for the title will probably no longer involve Joan Barreda, halted by fuel pump problems for a significant part of the day at the 98-km point. For the moment, a 100% French trio are dominating the rally, with 6 minutes separating the three riders. The match between the teams is up and running too, because behind the two Yamahas, the KTMs ridden by Despres and his water carrier Ruben Faria are awaiting an opportunity to spring an ambush, followed by the two Husqvaranas ridden by Jordi Viladoms and Alessandro Botturi, who will be taking up the baton from their unfortunate team leader, Barreda Bort.

In the quad race, Yamaha has dominated for the last several years. It was therefore natural that this machine was chosen by Marcos Patronelli, who has put in a flawless performance since the beginning of the second stage. The Argentinean, who won the rally in 2010, won a 4th consecutive special stage and opened up an even bigger gap on his rivals. Sebastian Husseini, who had managed to stay in contact until today, ground to a halt with mechanical problems and will lose several hours on Patronelli by the time he arrives in Arica. Now the closest pursuer to the race leader is Chilean Ignacio Casale, who is nevertheless 1 hour and 18 minutes behind.
  20. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Actually the bikes should run leaner at altitude (ie use less fuel), although its a marginal situation when you are climbing? Ive noticed on my big big when riding over the andes my consumption is high going up and almost non existant coming down.