She Rides Canada

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BikerAl, Sep 3, 2014.

1. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer:
    Great tune!

From my mobile
  3. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    How long am I banished? I think I'll just follow in JJ and come back like a toothache.

Nice treehouse idea, I've thought about putting in a small tall house on the back of my property as a little bunky with a view of the water. I'm thinking something on stilts.
  4. rodr

rodr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha, reminds me I posted that same tune in another forum 3 1/2 years ago in a rather amusing thread.
  5. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    What? Banished boys don't understand the word? How bout exiled? Forbidden? Verboten? Maybe you two are the real stubnacious ones! Bad toothaches, both of you . . .

Nice song, though Jeff . . .

And now, back to what this thread is REALLY about . . . I don't know WHAT I'm looking to do exactly, RicH2, except ride and ride some more. Think I would like get back off road and I know that's doable on my BMW to some degree but I'm thinking more trails, less fire roads . . . so I'd want a lighter bike.
  6. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    Why don't you just finish up the what? 3 or 4 bedrooms you already have upstairs, silly? Ahhh, maybe you're looking for the view? Guess your wee trees out east won't support a decent-sized treehouse, eh.
  7. jlambo

jlambo Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Upstairs? Why on earth would I renovate those rooms, I don't even go up there except to provide beds for stray inmates. As for trees I have some big ones on my property but I'd hate to see the one with the treehouse blow down.
  9. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    The KTM 200 might fit the bill if you want something newer. My youngest bro got me into the KDX 200, and I really like it for trail riding (especially the price of a lightly used one in good shape!). It's a 125 frame with the 200 2-stroke motor. He's a faster rider than I am and just moved to a KTM 250 2-stroke for racing.
  10. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Allison!
    I had the computer tuned to a classic rock station and woke up at about two with that song playing. I had never heard it before. I thought maybe it was where you got the title for your ride report. Of course I know you don't have a harley but maybe you rode one at one time.
    I didn't think you were SERIOUS about the banishment.:deal
    jj....but you can call me j
  11. navi

navi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Surfing, Tree houses and home improvement. This thread has got legs.

In the search for " Allison needs another bike" the woods around Roberts Creek are ripe with opportunities for the right bike .... Seat height not an issue

How about a nice Beta 250 Trials ... Now that's bag of fun just outside ones back door
  12. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    Guess I knew I'd get all sorts of suggestions about bikes and I wanna hear 'em all! And of course you know I have a special fondness for KTM's! But, well, in addition to day riding I'm hoping to do some off-road touring and not sure I want a 2 stroke for that sort of thing???

Great pic of you and your daughter, vtcyclist! Always great to finally "meet" someone I feel like I've "known" for ages!

Like Navi here in the lower mainland! He followed along for 6 weeks and then I finally got to meet him face to face! Not sure about your bike recommendation though, Navi . . . maybe an impractical bike like that one would fit into your collection a little better than mine!

And of course I wasn't serious about your banishment, Just Jeff. Wouldn't know what to do with myself without a healthy dose of harassment now and then!
  13. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    Oh, and Just Jeff, I've ridden a few harleys in my day but never owned one and no, I just came up with the name for my ride all by my lonesome! It just seemed to fit . . .
  14. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Apparently great minds DO think alike....You and Neil Young.... Good company to be associated with.:clap I like how the song ties in.
    j....but you can call me jj
  15. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    There are several week long+/- ride reports where the WR250R has quite a following for off-road touring. I test rode one a couple of months ago and was impressed. At just under 300 lbs, it's heavier than the 220-250 lb range of an enduro bike, but is capable of running down the road at 60+ mph for a few hours and handles trails quite well. The KTM 500 was also a favorite on a VT scenic back roads and Class IV unmaintained roads ride that I attended on my KLR recently. The ideal off-road touring bike is a much debated subject!
  16. skibum69

Oddometer:
    I would happily tour my 525 XCW, it started life as a Dakar build for '08 but was never ridden. I sold the MECA systems kit to a guy in Uruguay and now it's pretty close to stock. 6 speeds, Renazco seat and Super Plush suspension make it a good contender for long days.
  17. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer:
    Have to say I road my buddies WR and found it a gutless pig. Almost as heavy as my x challenge (650) with no power...
    Suspension was not great either.
    Al, are you looking to replace the Beemer or supplement?

From my mobile
  18. RicH2

RicH2 Ric H2

Oddometer:
    Maybe.....Kawasaki Sherpa ?
  19. KansasKawboy

KansasKawboy KK

Oddometer:
    If you are looking for a street legal bike you might want to look at the Yamaha XT250.
  20. jlambo

jlambo Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM, 450-525, lowered. Even dropped it will seem tall, but single cheek, left foot down is enough. Of course, I have I ingested the cool aid myself, so I'm a bit biased. Coming up on 40k miles this week on my Adventure, just broke in...!