Papa Yolk's Spud on a Sidecar?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Dan Alexander, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    I think one of his collapsing camper trailers would be ideal to mount on a sidecar frame :deal

Pull it open, sleep, slide it closed ride.

He just got his patent and it's going into production soon, probably all aluminum. Not sure what they have planned for weather protection yet. Maybe a simple sil nylon tarp will do.

[​IMG]

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730618
  2. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    wish I could've seen that sort of thing in person. I'd love to see a lot more pictures of that rig. That is very cool to me.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us
  3. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
  4. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
  5. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Figured if anyone was interested they would read the threads and find them
  6. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Dan
    How tall are you an old Terraplane w/o the seat may make a dandy sleeper.
    [​IMG]
  7. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'1".

I've never really had a look inside any of the sidecars with the idea of sleeping inside so not sure which ones would have the ability to have a flat floor either raised a bit to go over humps. I've googled a lot but most pics people post don't show much detail about the inside. Some have the wheel well intruding quite far. I'd like to have at least 32" to 36" to be comfy.

10 minutes ago I had a Real epiphany. I've spent tons of time trying to figure out how to use my hammock by having one side attached to the solo bike. Finding a single tree or lamp post or whatever is fairly easy, finding two the right distance apart could be impossible especially travelling out west.

I hadn't considered it till now but with a sidecar the way is simple :jump

I'll rig up one of those trailer hitch bars that guys attach winches to, fore and aft and have a set of nesting bars that will extend out and angle up the proper distance to suspend the hammock between.'

I'd step into the sidecar and then climb into the hammock from there. Lots of weight to keep things from moving and the hammock would be centered over the COG of the bike and car.

Wish I could draw up my idea on here but it'll be a collapsible hammock stand using the rig as a base.

Wooo Hooo I'm excited :clap This deserves it's own thread!

Here's my hammock and a pic of a generic stand. substitute the base for the 2" (maybe even 1 1/2") square tubing of the hitch carrier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]