Exhibition Pro

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Velocity_Girl, Jul 11, 2011.

1. nectar_balen

nectar_balen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in!
  2. velocitygear

velocitygear Killer Moto Gloves

Oddometer:
    Thank YOU ADVmembers, if you've been following the Juggernaut GB then you know Velocity_Girl is down at the moment, her hand required surgery..

PLEASE continue to spread the word, we'll be throwing up a GB page at some point as we're still in need of a few more participants. Either way though, the GB will happen, more participants just make it happen faster.

Again, THANK YOU for your interest!

Sincerely,
    JF
    John Franklin
  3. velocitygear

Oddometer:
  4. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    Hello,

the original "10" were in this thread, did you guys see the group buy thread page?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715065

update:

Other pending issues have helped this group buy to stall. That's o.k. because that leaves some options;

We're looking to combine the Formula and Prodigy glove into a race capable street glove, one that can do it all! The Exhibition Pro is getting a face-lift as well.

We recently acquired a new manufacturing affiliation for our glove line. Our last supplier while capable, requires to much of our attention to ensure consistent product quality. A 20-30% blem rate, really gets old fast!!! especially when you warranty products like we do.

I haven't been excited about a new manufacturer since I started over 10 years ago... no frick'in joke!!!

Our preliminary samples are what my dreams are made of ;) and that never happens.........

ADVRiders that have seen our group buys know that we're not blowing smoke. Our armor; speaks for itself via our customers on ADVRider and online..

Our gloves are a new market for us and I'll admit, I have no idea where to focus our efforts. Our glove reviews have been everything we could ask for but our unknown label is our achilles heel...

So, for this group buy- should we change this to a Formula/Prodigy buy or continue with the Exhibition Pro's? I normally wouldn't change a product that is the subject of a buy but glove requests have included all 3 styles and the Exhibition pro group buy is on turtle mode...

If cost is an issue, we can use 100% cowhide for the Formigy (my wife's a smartass ;))

With fall and winter around the corner, I'm thinking the Exhibition GB may be poorly timed for it's glove type...
  5. SwampFox883R

SwampFox883R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Velocity_Girl and velocitygear: Please check your PM's.
  6. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As I had posted in the other thread, my own preference is for the Prodigy/Formula, because I want the longer gauntlet. I'll take the Exhibition Pro if that's the deal, but the item I'm looking for looks like the Formigy. I'm fine with lower-cost leather, so long as that doesn't translate to lower-protection leather (which I think it doesn't in this case(?)).
  7. slimey_cucumber

slimey_cucumber n00b

Oddometer:
    I originally signed up for the formula group buy, but later stated that the expedition pro gloves would be an acceptable substitute if the formula group buy didn't have enough interest. With the latest news, I would prefer the formigy gloves on the condition that the cowhide is as soft as the 'roo leather (or nearly so), but, again, am happy to stick with the expedition pros if that's the only show in town.

Are there any estimates of when the group buy is going to happen, or when you will decide whether there is enough interest for the group buy to happen at all? I think my interest will wane quickly if there is another 3-4 month wait for these gloves...
  8. Bargenator

Bargenator Bargenator

Oddometer:
    I'm in, 2 pairs of XXL
  9. gamerfou

gamerfou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for a formula or formigy pair :D
  10. HayBailEY

HayBailEY Groovy

Oddometer:
    I'll go on in a pair of Formigys (Produlas)
  11. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    o.k., exhibition pro's are officially the glove on order. muslim holidays have stopped any progress for the last week. monday I should have some better info on dates.

i'll see if I can get the exhibition pro's in a long gauntlet, this would be easier than ordering the produlas or formigys in a few pairs...
  12. SantaRosa

SantaRosa I'd rather be lost

Oddometer:
    This is Great news!
    With ya' all the way. Long gauntlet sounds like a great idea and compromise.

Thanks for the update :clap
  13. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Long gauntlet would be beautiful!
  14. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    XP on order is good news. Keep us posted!
    I'd sign up right away if I knew for sure...
  15. spots63

spots63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you answer your emails? Sent two and no reply.
  16. fasterlaster

fasterlaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So In.
  17. heilong

heilong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've paid on the website then noticed this group buy. Can I still get my group buy discount?
  18. MZ5

MZ5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry; been away. Pmt made @ VelocityGear site. Here's to hoping the long gauntlet is possible!
  19. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    I ordered a set of CE armor from Velocity Gear 9/10/11.

My Paypal acct. was debited that day, but despite a PM to Velocitygirl, I've heard nothing more from Velocity Gear after almost 2 weeks. Not even the courtesy of responding to my PM.

I'd be wary of ordering anything from this company. I consider this extremely poor customer service. You want to run a business? Then run it like a business!
  20. heilong

heilong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any info on the progress?!