Honda CB300F

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Jul 10, 2014.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  3. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that is a beauty, how the hell can they build that thing and sell it for only $3.999? that is way cheap for a nice brand new bike.
  5. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    think this is gonna be my next new bike purchase...told myself that I wasn't gonna get another street bike anymore but I never expected Honda to come out with one of these
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Bump the 250L to 300 and you're getting somewhere Honda.
  7. Omarius

Omarius Long timer

Oddometer:
    Call me crazy, but there is a substantial difference in fit/finish between the Thailand Hondas, and the Japanese Hondas. Especially the random aluminum castings used throughout.
  8. Super Sneaky Steve

Super Sneaky Steve B@nned Club :D

Oddometer:
    You're crazy, I don't see any random aluminum castings.
  9. MotoChris521

MotoChris521 motominded

Oddometer:
    fixed
  10. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    well idk about all the bikes they are building there, but this one does have some downmarket bits on it being its a low cost model. built to a lower price point we don't expect to see upgraded componentry and the highest aesthetic quality

but for what it is, "it is what it is," as they say. and it would seem to be a well made, quality bike with an affordable price tag. simple simon. its "a Honda" no matter where it was built, and its a little inexpensive one a rider can most likely beat to hell and keep on goin' 'til the damn thing rusts out. that would seem a good deal for a cool little bike :deal
  11. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Based on my Ninja 300 experiences, come back in around 10k miles and you'll know damn well how they did it.
  12. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    well based on my made in China elite110 experience with 38k+ miles and crossing the country twice in 5weeks covering 10k+ miles Honda does great. Fact is Honda quality is Honda quality doesn't matter where it is made. Of the four japanese brand Honda overall has the highest quality.
  13. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, you are crazy, my made in China Honda is just as good as my made in Japan Honda.
  14. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah that is what I really want.
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah, many tell themselves that. The CBR250 might as well have been built on the same assembly line as the Ninja 300, (and it might have been).

Most of it looks close enough to be interchangeable, and that is not a compliment.

So far the engine has held together, maybe they used Japanese bearings in that at least?

Outsourcing is outsourcing no matter what decal they slap on the tank. :evil
  16. Omarius

Omarius Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dunno. I was cross shopping an FZ07 with a CB500F. Little things irked me about the CB. The lcd dash for example looks like an old gameboy screen, while the Yamaha's has much better fit/finish; similar to an iphone in execution.
    The switchgear was much nicer on the Yamaha. The mirrors as well. The heel guards near the footpeg of the cbr500 series bikes look incredibly crude. Same with the turn signal stalks near the headlight. Granted the FZ07 is more expensive, but even the CBR650f had similar issues.

I'm sure the quality control is there, and these things will run forever, but there's no doubt that Honda is skimping on the Thailand bikes.
  17. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    You've never actually worked in manufacturing, have you? Products made in China (or anywhere else) can be world class, or utter crap. The management of the company is the critical factor, not the country of origin.

BTW, what kind of phone, computer, WIFI router do you have? I guarantee all of those were made in developing countries and yet their form, fit and function is top notch. Hmmm...
  18. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is where your ignorance shines thru. Honda has dozens and dozens of manufacturing plants world wide. The Honda accord and civics made in the south is made by Honda not out sourced to GM or Ford cause they are made in the USA. Honda bikes made in Italy are made by Honda not Ducati. Same holds true with hondas that are made in Thiland, China, Brazil, etc. etc. What it boils down to is manufacturing specifications, a Honda is a Honda made the Honda way. Honda is a manufacturing company they are not a design house like many other companies that design something and has someone else make their stuff. Honda doesn't make everything themselves they do out source lots of parts, the easier to make parts that smaller vendors can do while they make the more complicated stuff. Does this mean that those parts not made by them are sub par? No, those parts still have to meet specifications set by Honda.

The business of manufacturing is complicated and manufacturing vehicles is one of the more complicated things to manufacture. Fact is it is better business to have multiple plants globally then it is to have one giant plant in one location. The logistics alone with one plant would be a nightmare and raise the cost of a product considerably.
  19. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree completely, the guy doesn't have a clue about mfg. It is all in how things are done (manage).
  20. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    The cbr250r kicked off a whole new phase of world production at Honda. Like a lot of Japan, projects spring out of and utilize a central philosophy, the subtleties and nuances have a profound effect on the project. I think the new thing is something like 'family.' All the 'producers' are encompassed into a new, whole circle, you're not outside, making something for some random company, you're part of the family.

That is probably how we will have to work together if we want to start manufacturing again here in the USA