1200GS Luggage Mount bolt needed

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Virtual Farmer, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Virtual Farmer

Virtual Farmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I lost one of those mushroom bolts (and the associated sleeve) for the stock side luggage mounts on a 2011 R1200GS and hoping someone here might have one sitting around that they would be willing to part with. I noticed mine was missing as I was preparing for a ride to ABQ next week, and none of the dealers have them in stock (plus they want a ridiculous price for them even if they did). I was hoping someone had one sitting in their pile of parts when they changed out the stock luggage to something better. Which of course begs the question why I don't have better luggage. To which I will say, I can't afford a new set of Jesse Bags yet :).
    I'm in then South/Central Denver area and willing to come pick it up.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Virtual Farmer

Oddometer:
    Bump. Hoping someone has said mushroom bolt for the stock vario luggage they'd be wiling to sell.
  3. _Harry_

_Harry_ Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer:
    :scratch I'm admittedly not familiar with your luggage system, but couldn't you improvise something by taking a trip to a good hardware store?
  4. Marine By Choice

Marine By Choice Sergeant 0311

Oddometer:
    Might try Bob's BMW in Jessup, Maryland. bobsbmw.com
  5. SQ Beemer

SQ Beemer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tru Value or Ace Hardware? They both carry lots of metric bolts and sleeves.
  6. Virtual Farmer

Oddometer:
    Thanks all. The problem is this bolt - which is actually called a pin in the BMW parts list - has a very thick (1/2"?) mushroom shaped head that the Vario cases latch on to. Anyone who has a GS that came with the stock luggage racks and then replaced those racks with something better has one laying around. The problem is I just need to find said person :). Thanks for the help though.