2014 AMA Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Oct 26, 2013.

1. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RH4dYfLeweo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    not that he deserves any but give the guy a little credit when it comes to holes shots. even if they told everyone it's going to drop at the 5 second mark nobody would be as consistent as he is the SOB is good out of the gate.

did I ever tell you guys about the time I was standing at a starting line with a rubber band start and the rubber band got caught in a bike and got pulled about what seemed like a 1/4 mile before it finally broke free and came flying back and wacked some poor guy right in the chest. that had to hurt...

nothing like a flag start!
  3. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    so... stuck in a hotel room in ohio for work for 2 nights. bought the new MXA to read on the plane, it's actually a decent level of content all things considered.

a few pages back someone posted the line up for I believe the Dallas round and I did a head count of the 250's and the majority of them are on Honda's.

the march issue of MXA has the 2014 250 4st shootout and Honda finished last, the big knock being the engine/power....:scratch

yes I know there are reasons for these things but I still found it interesting.

these little 4 packs of Kahlua mudslides don't totally suck...

dinner time!
  4. retroone

retroone Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nod

BTW, what about Barcia crashing out in practice, and Roczen win'n the main.
    Do you believe in karma? :lol3
  5. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    BTW, what about Alessi t-boning Tickle in the heat then getting his best ever finish in a Main.
    Do you believe in karma?
  6. p3ga

p3ga Rounding Error

Oddometer:
    Shoulda taken some time to work on cornering drills.......
  7. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    Your ass better be going forward after doing that to a faster rider. :lol3
  8. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah there is truth to the old axiom "to go faster sometimes you must slow down". He didn't fight every faster rider that blew by and was able to put in consistent laps. Maybe he learned something. However he'll never have a friend on the track but it's not like he was Mr. Popularity anyways.................
  9. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw it differently. He let his emotions get the better in his heat race and carried that mistake over to the main. He got the hole shot, but then he should have put up a fight. He was looking good and riding smooth until he started to get challenged. He just pulled over and let five guys by him. Emig and RC commented on it. The kid has got to get control of his emotions. From what I have read his Dad has been pretty rough over the years on him. Not sure if his Dad is still in the picture, but if he is he should do what RV did and cut the ties. I believe the kid has got the talent and the physical ability just not the mental. He also needs to step up and public apologize for t boning Tickle, and put it behind.
  10. AlsoRan

AlsoRan PNF

Oddometer:
    The guide is showing that SX is back LIVE on FS1 this Saturday. Hope it's not another bait and switch...
  11. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    He did that on TV, said it was his mistake and he did not intend to do it and he was going to go talk with Brock.

That does not mean Tickle is not still upset with him, but he did not send him when he had a chance.

I think Alessi thought he had more bite with the front and was going to gas the ass around...unfortunately, the front was too light and when he grabbed a handful he went straight.

When you are out there in the battle, it is not as easy as it is by the experts from the couch.
  12. skwidd

Oddometer:
    He made up some bullshit excuses and then finally admitted to the T-bone the other night in an interview with Maathes.
    Started to say he was just revving the engine to scare him, and then half-ass owned up to the stupid move while faking his concern for the safety of his 'fellow' competitors.

Genova, who's almost as delusional as Tony, whined and made excuses about that judgement only falling that way because it was Mikey, that any other rider would have gotten away with it.

One really good bit that came out of the interview is that Motocuntcepts is considering the Canadian nationals instead of the US series this summer.:clap
  13. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, out enjoying the tropical temps of Ohio while we all suffer the next deep freeze here on the coast. You suck! :lol3

P.S. I've got thunder AND snow outside right now Flug! Post up pics of the sweet, palacial Ohio digs and all the hornies you are meating with.

:freaky
  14. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I guess the AMA didn't see it as an 'accident'.

Since he's not in it for the points, don't see how probation is gonna slow him down much though. So what if he loses points for taking a guy out next time? Were I him, I wouldn't see that as any kind of deterrent.

I wondered during the race if the officials had already pulled him in and read him the riot act, since he gave up those positions pretty easily. :dunno

Deano on Reed's bike this weekend. Hope he does well. As in: not crash and be top 5.

Tomac can't score in a whore house. Dude has the worst luck this year.

Here's hoping that Roczen can pull another one. I like the guy. Still gotta beat RV, though. That's never easy.

I still get the impression from RV that there's no...fire there, for lack of a better description. No hunger. :dunno He always had this underlying fire in him that showed in his riding and in his interviews. He was going after his goals with a vengeance. Just don't see that this season.
  15. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    This. You guys can keep speculating or you can listen to the first 50 minutes of PulpMX podcast and hear it straight from MA800 and the team owner.
  16. skwidd

Oddometer:

Probation means he can be DQ'd for a round or the remainder of the season, I think Friese is on that list, and no points or purse money.

Lasergate cost them $15k in fines last year, a lifetime ban for Jeff, and a season ban for Tony.
  17. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    There are a million factors when it comes to starting and Alessi has them all down. I worked for a race shop and we were the factory Yamaha dragrace team in the late 90's early 2000's. We once got a call from Ketih McMarthy (think that is how it is spelled) asking for a practice tree for one of their motocrossers who wasn't quick on the drop of the gate. I remember watching him about six weeks later grabbing a holeshot and smiling. Doubt it was our practice tree but never know.
    Also a few top roadrace guys have brought dragracers out to Cali. to help them work on starts.
    A practice tree [​IMG]
  18. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Soooo, I'll take that as, "NO" you dont believe in karma. :smooch
  19. Trailing Jack

Trailing Jack Dr. Acula

Oddometer:
    I see it that way too.
    He seems comfortable enough having the points lead but not winning races.
    Plus he seems to genuinely like his training partner, KR.
  20. fletch123

fletch123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is hoping that JS wins, Roczen say about 4 or 5, and RV dnf due to mechanical. Just to really close things up. I want to see it a three way tie for the title at Vegas.

Ok we can throw RD in there too to make it a 4 way.