Compatibility 2012 F800GS fairings with new 2013

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by enduroktm, Oct 12, 2012.

1. enduroktm

enduroktm n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys !

Just joined to your great forum !
    I have got a trophy version of F800GS and would like to updat plastic fairings to new model.

does anyone already verified if it is possible ?

is there anybody with new model who can make pictures of connection to frame of new fairing to verify if I can update ?

THANKS
  2. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    nice username.... :huh
  3. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    wrong forum? :lol3
  4. Frikadelle

Frikadelle n00b

Oddometer:
    I would like to know too. My guess is they (BMW) did chang bodywork only. But better to verify before spending $$$.
  5. enduroktm

enduroktm n00b

Oddometer:
    I've checked with BMW supplier and the prices are not so high as I suspected, but I need someone to confirm before buying.

The problem is to understand if there are new fixing point on frame or only the old ones are used.

The same the plastic radiator cover is the same ?

can somebody show a new F800GS disassembled ?

.... so it is so nice to undress the bike !!!!
  6. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    All I can confirm so far is that the plastic piece around the rad is different too. This is also confirmed by none of the current rad guards fitting the 2013's.

So at the least you will need to buy that piece and the 3 pieces that make up the new side panels (as opposed to two before...and the 2013 ones are less $$ all together!) and then you need the new beak piece as well.

That is one thing that bothers me with the new plastics. So much of the beak is now incorporated into the side panels.

Good luck for the high fender mods too. :(: You're going to have to cut some plastic sections off now.

Dave
  7. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    wouldn't it be cheaper to exchange the old one with the new one?
  8. enduroktm

enduroktm n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    my BMW dealer says that the cost of plastic are not yet validated but approximately the two big one sides are about 200+200 euros, the smaller ones i suppose about 150+150 and the beak about 150, so in total it is about 850 euros.

I don't think it is so high.

If you consider I find to sell my old ones for about 350 euros, the balance is 500 euros.

Now it's up to me to decide and i'm not yet sure, but of course if I need to add other plastic such as radiator cover or something else, the cost is not effective and a new bike is better.

anyway it is interesting the evaluation.
  9. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    I doubt very much that the new panels are really only €200 each, the old ones are double that.

The radiator plastic on the other hand won't be the deal breaker, it's not painted so it should surely cost less than €50.
  10. kpie

kpie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to look into doing this as well. I have a 2011 alpine white f800gs. It looks like the 2013 plastics (fairings, beak) might fit on the earlier models. Haven't seen a parts fiche or any info on the internet. Even most of the parts dept. guys at the BMW dealer don't really know what will/won't fit yet. :huh
  11. kpie

kpie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know if the radiator is the same or different on the 2013 model as the earlier models of F800GS?:1drink