Hatfeild Mccoy area/3/28/08

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by woods wizard, Mar 16, 2008.

1. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone, I am new to this site, i am 48, ride a crf450x,& yamaha R1. I have raced mx, hare scrambles and a trials event. I have logged half a million miles on the street . I am looking for some adv. types to ride in & around the trail system. You can ride from your room to the trails, to dinner, or whatever. its kind of like the ole west. There are signs up,'WELCOME OFF ROADERS' it really is very cool. I have been several times and know the trails, the lodging and some of the key locals. I have several scenarios,a few days and endless enthusiasm. Any and all 2 wheel off roaders are welcome. If this sounds like your idea of fun ,let me know.I will be happy to answer any questions about terrain, fuel avail. or accomidations. There are some trail examples at trails heaven.com Max
  2. Greg Podlaski

Greg Podlaski fat ass

Oddometer:
    I wish i lived closer.
  3. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Hey n00b, fill out your profile! (and welcome)

:beer
  4. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Thanks,.and yes I filled in the profile. :deal
  5. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Cool. Seeing as you're from NoVA, and Hatfield is in WV, I'll move this to the SouthEast forum. :thumb
  6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Split Sole

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Assylum! :freaky

Now Mash that CRF into that R1 and lets go hit some trails. :lol3

Or if I get a reall offroad bike I'll let ya know. :thumb

There are a lot of other trial systems in the area that are less well known and free if your interested. :deal
    Of course they're not organized either.
  7. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am interested. I have heard there are lots of good free trails,I was fishing around trying to get some locals to poss. ride/guide with. So far no takers. So whatcha got?
  8. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    Hey nocturnal, I see you have an xr650. You could ride just about every part of the h/m trails,except some the most extreme single track,maybe even that as well. It all depends on your skill level & fitness. Granted a much lighter bike would be desireable, but not absolutely necc. I think the current saying in W.Va., is ''hold my beer & watch this.
  9. ExOze

ExOze Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a NoVa'r too and we're headed to the Little Coal River trail at Hatfield-McCoy this summer for a couple of days...looking forward to it although i think my bike will be a bit on the 'portly' side for anything but the easy trails but that's OK, I'll have my two young boys with me on thier bikes (TTR125L and XR70R) to keep me busy.

Can't wait!
  10. woods wizard

woods wizard Trail Hound

Oddometer:
    HaHA, if your boys can ride at all youll have a hell of a time just keeping up.:norton
  11. Gabby

Gabby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm kinda interested. I think my trail pas is good through that weekend anyway. I've ran around down that way a few times on my DS. PM me if you still need a riding partner.