Vintage MX, vintage body and bike

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pvangel, Mar 24, 2011.

1. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Cool, You finaly got him to do it:clap:clap:clap How did he like it when he did it???
  2. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    He said it was easy..... now the big double!
  3. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Cool sign me up next.. You can tow me around in August:eek1
  4. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Dont forget to remind me when vintage days happen at that West CT track, Mr. PV. I'm still interested.
  5. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Next race is in two weeks, June 11 in Central Village Ct. www.cccmx.com
    There was a big break between races but now the are every 3-4 weeks which is just about perfect for a vintage body.
    June 11, Central Village
    July 9 and 10, Binghamton NY
    Aug 5 and 6, Southwick Ma.
    Sept 3, Englishtown NJ
    Sept 17, Blue Diamond in Delaware
  6. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Over here, June 12th is a 3hr Cross Country with a Pre '98 class that I used to run my '79 XR250 in but now it's the '86 TT350 (I love disc front brakes).
    Classic MX's monthly for the next 6 months :clap
  7. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    The culprit....

[​IMG]

Broken output(countershaft) shaft so after shopping and shipping it has a new motor and I am parting out the good stuff that is left over. Hopefully I can get some of my money back.

Bike is for sale now, have a 2012 on order.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  8. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Factory Connection Suspension come out to the tracks and does customer support and service, they were at the super seceret Ct test facility and my friend Tom and I were the only ones there so we had Mike from FC as our personal suspension consultant for a couple hrs. My friend Tom had scheduled for a service and ended up with new springs front and rear, fork service and tuning by one of the same guys that does Justin Barcia's bike! What a great service, Mike would watch him ride and then do adjustments in between rides, boy you learn alot when you have a service like that, felt like factory riders for the day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a great company to offer a service like this, I have had them do two bikes and have been very happy with them, Tom was very satisfied with what they did today.
  9. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Rode at Rocky Hill Ct on the 89 CR 125 and my bad luck continues... within about 3 -4 laps the motor sounded funny and seemed to seize up??? pulled over and checked the water and it was empty. Head gasket blew and lost all the water. After getting home and tearing it down the head bolts had never been tourqed down and were not tight enough. Ordered a new piston set and happen to have another cyl in stock. Have to be ready by Friday aqs the race is Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Man that sucks! Cant offer any help this week I"m booked solid wit 17-18 hour days then off to LG
  11. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I have a piston on the way so I should be fine but thanks!

I took advantage of the time at the track to ride everybody elses bikes which included a 04 YZ 250 which is a great bike, a 89 KX 250 which was a great bike as well, a 06 CR 125 which I liked but the setup was off for me. and my sons 99YZ 125 which other than me being about 50 lbs to heavy for i love!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
  13. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Your my idol! I'm getting caught up on a bunch of stuff and im going racing next year. I dont know what Im gonna be racing but I'm gonna race something:clap
  14. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    It is better to be a racer for a day than a spectator for life.....

Let me know when your ready, I'm in!
  15. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Leaving Friday night for a race in Central Village Ct. so I have to hussle and get this 89 CR 125 back together, I had to order a new piston direct from Wiesco and have it overnighted so I can put it back together and I can't do anything Wed night because of a family comitment so Thursday will be busy....

I was able to clean up the cylinder by hand with emery cloth and then gave it a stone hone by hand, looks ok....

[​IMG]

The case where the powervalve linkage comes out of was broken before this happened and was just siliconed up. I built a form out of plastic and then wrapped it in celophane and then poured JB weld into the form. I'll let it dry overnight than file the top flat, this is a no pressure joint so if anything it might "weep" a little oil but should be better than the silicone only.
    Sorry for the bad pics....

[​IMG]
  16. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Waiting for the UPS truck to deliver me a new piston, everytime i hear a car drive by I run to the window to see if its him..... it's like christmas morning waiting for everybody to get up, wait i hear something....nope neighbors pickup with half the exhaust missing. good thing i have a nice cold beer in my paw because I can't take the pressure.... cutting it close on this one.
  17. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Wiseco came through! (and UPS) hopefully can assemble tomorrow night and take a quick ride to make sure we are good to race on Saturday....

[​IMG]
  18. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Good luck on your repair and race:clap
  19. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :deal:freaky
  20. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    christ not a rock or rut in sight? where is this?