gps tracks from San Diego-Tecate-Ensenada

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dirtbikejunkie, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dirtbikejunkie

dirtbikejunkie I like to ride

Oddometer:
    Hi, we are a looking to ride from San Diego through Tecate and to Ensenada on 450s. We want to hit as much dirt as possible across the border.

Do any of you have GPS tracks I can borrow for this? Any cool stuff on the US side between SD and Tecate would be appreciated as well.

One more question, how well does your bike need setup in southern CA to be street legal? We have plates, brake/tail lights, mirrors, and headlights. No turn signals or horns. Where I live this isn't completely street legal but the local cops never pay attention. I'd like to get an idea if we can get away with the same making it to Tecate

Thanks!
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    This track is mine, and would be a ripper on 450's. BTW, some of the access has changed, so keep a lookout in some spots. As you come up to the burnt tractor tires some fences have gone up in the last little bit. Watch out. Rest should be GTG. http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=105167 Stop at the little shack with the mobile outside. Popular spot for other bikers that live in the hood. Saturday's you may have convo. Sunday's it'll be packed.

register at that site if you haven't, there's a few other tracks that way. keep you busy for a while.

Street legal in CA... I have a plate with no blinkers and LED headlights. No problem for me, but I go the speed limit (on the XR anyway) and don't draw attention. You should be fine. YMMV.

I have family in TJ, where I just moved from after 8 years there, going back in the next few weeks to pickup the rest of my stuff. If you need anything give me a shout. Emergency extract or what have you.

Jeremy, 619 too for zero. to foor 0 2
  3. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Good route for Lobster !
  4. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer: