Lock up your grandmothers

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by McCardigan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    The Eagle has landed. Watch out for this man.....

[​IMG]

and look after him.
  2. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to do necessary running repairs at my garage at Wellington :lol3
  3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    How good are you with wires?
  4. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

ummm...:lol3
  5. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    Trouble ahead:lol3:lol3

[​IMG]
  6. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    geez ya can't beat a ozzie for cheapness when it comes to a seat bag. :rofl
  7. Oscar

Oscar Constant Antagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jaysus, Alex - sort that lawn out will ya!!!:lol3
  8. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    its not kakariki, that's the 3 next door neighbours
  9. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

Some people have a garden gnome out the front, some people have a Mini Minor.
  10. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    You can all get stuffed!

And with the introduction over, I shall proceed with the adventures of (name of new girlfriend withheld at this stage)

I'm safe and sound in Katikati for the next few days, before I venture south to Invercargil.

First off a BIG THANK YOU to Alex, the bike is much better looking then what the photo's show. You must have spent some time detailing it, even the spokes sparkle! And there are no oil leaks anywhere. You have done well:clap:clap

As for the bike, it is one very sweet motor and gearbox,it runs beatifully, and pulls like you know who:wink:. Catching up to a van with my cheap top case:D on board, saw 150kph on the GPS on the motorway.

BTW, filled the bike up with Premium, took almost $70 to fill, and it wasn't empty:cry
    Stayed last night at the Lincoln Green hotel/motel, excellent value at $103NZ. This morning headed to Cycletreads as recommended by Alex to have brand new rubber and tubes fitted front and rear.
    Another BIG THANK YOU to them for great and prompt service with attention to detail. Spotted a Givi screen on the floor in a corner of the shop, Buggar me dead, it's for a BMW F650GS or a R800GS! Position it on the bike and bingo, fits like a glove, add that to the cart thank you.Go up stairs to have a free coffee, excellent brew while waiting for the work to be done. Browsing around, I try on a set of riding pants, lined and with armour and short legs, perfect! add to cart, plus a Frank Thomas rain pants just to be on the safe side, on special, half price:clap

Ah, nothing like shopping therapy, and the cost? Less then $700NZ, bloody great value:clap:clap

AS I'm repacking the bike and its begining to rain, Peter and his son Curtis who had also been shopping in the store and had heard I was heading to Katikati then on to the Burt Munroe festival, approached and offered to take my suitcase(cheap top case) and screen to Katikati in their 4x4, as they lived nearby, thus avoiding it and the contents getting wet!

No worries, I'll just follow you, just as well, as we ran into rain and wind all the way down the motorway. 80k's out of Katikati, the motor stopped charging, so I was running on the battery! Pulled into the drive way of Ian's home and the bike died. Perfect timing:freaky

How friendly can you get from total strangers? When we meet again in Invercargill, drinks will be on me for Peter and Curtis.

Upshot is, bike will stay at Ian's till we sort out the electrical/charging problem. Alex mentioned that something didn't seem right, he thought it a bad battery.
    As it was, I had bought down a brand new 450W complete charging system for the bike, so I could safely run heated grips/clothing, driving lights etc. Ian informs me that for about $200Aus I can buy a brand new wiring harness for the R80GS from Motobins. Added to the cart.
    End of problem.

I still get to go to Invercargill on a bike thanks to Ian's kindly offer of his R100GS, but the sly old bastard has my beautiful R80GS, which is worth more, as ransom, securly tucked away in his fortress.

Sorry no photo's yet, probably tomorrow night.

Stay tuned for the next installment

Not too bad for my 1st 24 hrs in NZ:lol3
  11. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    For fucks sake DONT go buying any landcruisers while your there!! ( actually saw one in Murrumbateman this arvo for $12k, got your name all over it), Give our regards to Ian
  12. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    No way Jose'

As I said, got me a new girlfriend, as is typically, (and I know as I type this, I'm gunna get lashed) cheap to procure, but bloody expensive to maintain.:lol3:lol3
    Much the same as my Troopie.

But as Bob Hudson sang "never let a chance go by"

Ian has retired for the night, still suffering jet lag, (just returned from Veitnam) but I'll pass on your regards

Still got a spare bed in Invercargill!!!
  13. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Hi Mate, are you still going to be in the area Friday night? May be keen on a ride & catching up for a beer if you haven't headed off south by then.

Cheers
    Clint
  14. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
  15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Bugger, I was afraid that something like this might happen. The warranty must have run out just before Katikati. Sorry about that. Thanks for supporting the NZ economy, we sure need it.
  16. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
  17. Postie

Postie kiwi

Oddometer:
    Thats why we are working on getting the R80 sorted and we are WELL:clap on the way to that being done, not that there was a lot wrong, just an Ozzy perspective, lol.

Check your PM's Steve.
  18. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    has nana woke up:rofl
  19. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Pissorf!

I was having my beauty sleep:D. I'm here at Ian's tomorrow, leaving Sat morning, booked on Bluebridge 1.30pm out of Picton, staying at the Raymar motel Blenheim Sunday.

Sorry Clint, your red's are safe for a while longer.:evil

But don't worry, I'm here till Febuary, and intend to spend more time exploring the Nth then the Sth, so there will be plenty of time to catch up for a drink.
  20. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    since ya here so long, as long as ya don't get Medivaced out again, I will catch up with ya at a later date. Might even meet up else where in the north and do a few kms with ya. Waikeremoana is my favourite road

cheers Steve .

PS if ya leave saturday am and stay in blenhiem sunday where r u saturday night. think ya better go have another nap.:rofl