2013 Husqvarna 650 Terra

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by grunkster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. gunnr

gunnr 1957 all stock....

Oddometer:
    That's what I read somewhere also...
  2. gunnr

gunnr 1957 all stock....

Oddometer:
    That's what I said.....WTF
  3. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Terra Blog might be on Mark's end, as I get the same thing directly from his web site........:huh
  4. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Mark knows about it.
  5. kawagumby

kawagumby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rode my new Terra today - very first miles put on it and there wasn't any stalling or overlean condition. The dealer said mine was his second one sold (second shipment) and the first one had the stalling problem and the owner was bringing it in later - another poster noted his second-shipment bike didn't have the problem, so it looks like the factory may have fixed this issue.
  6. Harder1

Harder1 braaaap!

Oddometer:
    My experience too. My Terra is from the 2nd batch and hasn't stalled once. The kickstand stays put too.
  7. kawagumby

kawagumby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, mine too.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    He wrote me & was upset him with my comment about his hybrid skid plate and jabbing at him. I apologized to him.

In his PM to me he said he was "outta here" which i figured he referring to him being upset with my comment. Didn't realize he was outta here with all his TR info and especially deleting it on his website.

Either others have messed with him too or something else is going on.
    My comment alone can't be the cause of all of that?
  9. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo

Oddometer:
    If it was that, I don't think I'd worry about it.
  10. wagonpilot

wagonpilot Freeeeze

Oddometer:
    Shit, I like his posts..
  11. wagonpilot

wagonpilot Freeeeze

Oddometer:
    I installed white Cycra pro bend hand guards and KTM hard parts heated grips today...

The Cycras are nice and I use them on most of my off roaders. The install is a tad more work. The left grip on the Terra is a weird screwed in plastic tube.. Two screws to remove, one top and one bottom.
    The bar end weights have permanently welded in mounting hardware in the end of the bars. I just drilled and tapped those with a M8x1.25 tap for the bolts that come with the Cycras.
    The KTM heated grips are real nice with a bar mounted push button controller with LED indicators for level. All the wiring is tucked into the headlight shell..
    Needed them for my afternoon ride. It was 32 out and they are very toasty!
    The little snow flake was blinking on my dash, I assume that means it is cold out.
    I have a left over wind screen from my old CBR 1000RR that with a bit of trimming may be installed on the Terra.

My ride took me into the dark for a while and the headlight is great. The high beam indicator light needs some tinting though, it is friggin bright.
  12. klxmack

klxmack king of the box

Oddometer:

Pics?

:lurk
  13. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    Dang-it, eakins....why did you have to insult the man's handi-work? Geez...

BigDog's got more creative spirit in his tin snips and welding torch than probably the entire rest of us combined. He can actually lay a welding bead by hand better than most auto-welders I've seen. As skilled a machinist as they come. His home-spun, simplified garage-mods are as inspirational as they get...pure gold! Best entertainment I've enjoyed all year. It's made me seriously consider buying one of these bikes.

Aaahh man, this SUCKS - squared!

HF :ddog

At least you came forward right away, not leaving us in the dark. That's more than most people would do.
  14. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    It apprears BigDog also has thin skin..... too bad.

Regards, Paul
  15. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, we are really jumping to conclusions here, don't you think?!

I'd bet that Mark will speak up when he's ready, or available......he could simply be on a ride or enjoying the company of his family rather than staring at a computer screen like us........:eek1
  16. byron555

byron555 Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow... I really liked his posts too. I don't own a Husky, but I do own a WR250r. I really like how he outfitted his bikes. I was looking forward to seeing his development of his new bike.
  17. kawagumby

kawagumby Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad I saw his kickstand mod before he left. I'm hoping he will understand the vast majority of us enjoy and appreciate his contributions.

On an other matter...KEYS....does the Terra use Husky or BMW blanks....? Anyone know? I'd like to get some spare keys made - I like to keep a backup in my wallet. Evidently, Husqvarna doesn't readily provide blanks....
  18. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    A guy on one of the CRF250L threads copied his work to make waste basket stiffening liners for ortlieb soft luggage(I think)...and gave no credit. There are a couple of other flamers that visit over there with nasty attitudes as well.
  19. byron555

byron555 Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've noticed a lot of flamers in these 2 threads as well. It seems to be a load of crap to me... Oh it's a pig and the suspension sucks, get a used this or that... Totally juvenile. I don't own either of these bikes, but I like these models, and more importantly the OWNERS seem to be very positive about these new bikes. No, these bikes are not orange and they are not trying to compete with the orange machines. And by no means am I bashing Orange, great bikes with a different perspective and mission.

My WR250r is decried as a pig as well... if I want to reduce weight, I should focus on my fat ass before I sink a dime into lightening my bike, it would benefit me and my riding.... If I lost 40lbs, my suspension would work better and the power increase would exceed a pipe and programer, not to mention the health benefits for me. (Cheaper too)

I like the new nc700x too... that bike gets bashed as well. But guess what owners are loving them too, more importantly they are selling, just like the Terra and CRF. Not only are they selling, they are getting very positive reviews! All 3 represent a segment in the market that was largely ignored, affordable, multi-use, practical yet passionate bikes that want to be ridden everyday...

My WRr falls into that category as well (though a bit pricey new), I put 7000+ on my first season on this bike! More than the last 3 seasons combined on my old xr650l, why? Because the thing just works... No fuss, no muss, just hit the button and go. I can go where ever I want, whenever I want (well wife and kid dependent) The fact of the matter is that I focus on riding more than the bike now, it is a liberating experience.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1

Well said.