Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. rhino_343

rhino_343 Southern Explorer

Oddometer:
    Those look good mcinfantry, have you seen them fired up or used them on a bike? I looked through the TruckLite catalogue but couldn't find them??
  2. mcinfantry

mcinfantry who... me?

Oddometer:
    no i have not seen them lit up. im waiting on my acerbis dimension hp. after i see that, ill have a better idea on what, if anything, ill try next. if the acerbis doesnt work, that MAY be what i try.... at least the trucklite has high/low. i run the truck-lite turn signals on my military vehicles...... they work well, so i would hink the same of the headlights.
  3. AdventureSlave

AdventureSlave 'Stroker'

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me the amount of coolant required to fill up the system from empty on a 2007?
  4. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    nice.. where'd you go? Middle Fork?
  5. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much Dan for your offer to borrow your hard to find "Flywheel Puller" :clap :clap :clap

Gentlemen, it's guys like this that make this board, and Huskie owners I might add, the best of the best !!
    Thanks again Dan, I'll have it back to you in a flash. I owe you one.:thumb
    We truely do have a great group of fellas here.......except for that Sampson guy, yea he's trouble :lol3
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey I resemble that remark :huh

And I was going to loan you my ball peen hammer (the big one) and an old punch.

Now gotta find something to fix on my TE------nope nothing to fix.

I'm beginning to feel like the maytag repair man.
  7. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
  8. Ungarisch

Ungarisch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know you guys are always looking for better lighting so just wanted to let you know that I have my SM610's 60/55 watt full headligth assembly and fender for sale here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320934

the SM headlight put out WAAAAAY more light then the TE. Night and day difference. I downgraded to the TE headlight for the Look :D
  9. Aey dubya

Aey dubya Thumper Humper

Oddometer:
    Did a good spring cleaning after all the recent spring mudding and found the back of the air box, or the part you see from the left side of the bike was dried out and the rubber had all kinds of weather check cracks. ???What should I be treating the rubber with??? Tire shin maybe?
  10. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    If you can find a rubber protective coating (usually silicone based), not a rubber shine product like armourall, that should help prevent dry rot & cracking. I work in the rubber industry & we used to use silicone spray as a mould release agent, best coating I ever found for rubber (tires, etc.) & plastic :cry sadly we haven't used it in a decade. I recall some spray on sidewall shine products claimed to be 100% silicone protectant, but can't recall the brand name
  11. 2WheelsOnly

2WheelsOnly Long timer

Oddometer:
    My SM610 had a Barnett clutch cable installed when I purchased it recently. After a few rides, I noticed the backside adjuster nut vibrated loose which clamps it to the engine mounting bracket. Do you have any tips for securing the clutch cable elbow to the bracket without removing the airbox or gas tank?

It's a very tight area to get a 12mm wrench on the 2 adjuster nuts to clamp tightly on the mounting bracket.
  12. John-610

John-610 John W.

Oddometer:
    Hello Fellas,

Just picked up my 2008 today, first nice day in Michigan and got to enjoy a little 5 mile ride at dealer. Ready for more.

One question are 610 supposed to come with a factory rear luggage rack? My dealer told me nothing was shipped with bike.

Thanks for the help

John

Attached Files:

13. ADVJake

ADVJake ***** dweller

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had to replace their cam chains yet? Ive heard that it seems to wear out fairly rapidly, like the 10,000km mark?
    Or is it a tensioner problem.
  14. PacificPT

PacificPT Long timer

Oddometer:
    John,

My dealer had same story, I am now looking at a couple of aftermarket racks which will fit.
  15. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Frank you will have the flywheel puller on Monday! I waited 3 months for it to arrrve on a slow boat from Italy!:evil
  16. jbwjim

jbwjim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Robodogg,

You hit the nail on the head...... Middle Fork it was......LOL :clap:clap:clap
  17. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine came with the bike-----but was not mounted------I did that myself-----it's a nice sturdy rack-----the subframe on these bikes is sturdy too----if they were going to break----mine would have by now.

It's nice having a sturdy rack and sub-frame------some bikes (especially the Honda's) have had some bad breakage problems.
  18. Fyrmd

Fyrmd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe that the 2007's came with a rack that you had to install yourself. You have to buy your own for 2008. I put the Moto Billet rack on my bike, looks good, but I have not had a chance to use it yet.
  19. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    I was up there a few weeks ago on the VStrom 1000.. would have been lots more fun on the Husky.. we need to get together with Hoder and a few other Seattle area 610 owners and do some extreme off road exploring this summer

taking mine to the Desert 100 in a few weeks.. you going?
  20. John-610

John-610 John W.

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies fellas! Looks like ProMoto Billet is going to get some of my money too.