New 950S finds a home

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by cjracer, Jun 1, 2006.

1. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Went to pick up the bike last night. This bike is so much fun and fits me great. Petrie Motorsports is a great place to deal w/. Wayne, the owner, is very helpfull. They still have a black one and an orange one left.

www.petriemotorsports.com/
  2. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Orange :wink: , The Black one is still in it's box behind the above pic.
  3. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    These look very fun also.
  4. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Black:evil
  5. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Looking to add many miles to this thing.
  6. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    An ass shot.:eek1
  7. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for keeping me informed on what I need to do to keep this beast going. I look forward to being of some help in the future and adding to the value of the site. Long live the 950.:freaky
  8. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice looking scooter. I see you got the pretty one :D Congratulations.

Marc
  9. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lomax, So how do the blue ones compair to the "fast" orange or black ones?:lol3

Took it out last night for a longer freeway ride. This thing is a blast. I'm used to my LC4 640E w/ no windshield.:eek1 The 950 is so smooth, and stable. 85 on the 950 feels like 50 on the 640. I keep forgeting that this is a 6 speed. Having never ridden a bike w/ a windshield I don't have anything to compair it to, but it is nice not to feel all the wind preasure on your chest.
  10. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    CONGRATS on one sweet lookin' ride!!!!!!! As far as the speed question goes, I suppose that your bike has enough orange on it that it should still be pretty damn fast!
    HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SEE YA
    CHRIS
  11. S Won

S Won Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now you just need crashbars, Akrapovics, folding mirrors, some Touratech accessories, and a wornout rear tire. Seriously, very cool bike! Enjoy it!

Here's a tip. Forget the expensive seats. Buy one of the new KTM 'Gel' seats, pull the orange cover off the stock seat and install it on the 'Gel' seat. It's all you'll need!

S Won
    [​IMG]
  12. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    I believe that part of the setup requires the dealer to put a few miles on the bike. If they didn't and that's your odometer, be very careful until you're certain everything works correctly!
  13. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    He took a few laps around the block, and there was 1km on when I got it. Less than a mile, so when we switched it over to miles that is what it read.

I took the back roads home w/ a chase vehicle :D (my ride there) just in case. 80 miles and so far so well. Riding up to Road America this weekend for some supermoto and superbike action. Should be a great weekend on the bike.

Luggage racks will be put on soon, as will the crash bars, and 16th sprocket(I already have them)

As I am 6'4" the seat hight is great for me. I can sit flat footed w/ a slight bend in my knee when stopped. Being short must really suck.:lol3 So I think I'll keep the seat as is for a while, I like being able to move around a bit front to back w/o having the hump in the way. Swon, thanks for the tips though.
  14. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Excellent...now you need to start making plans for Creel. See the links in my signature.

Swon - how's your health? Hope you're doing ok.
  15. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    CJ,

I am not the real expert on this, I am sure there is one on here,:lol3 As I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago. As I understand it, from reading the posts here, The Blue ones are the pretty ones, The orange ones are the fast ones, and the Black ones are just all around Bad Ass.:evil

I am glad to hear you are enjoying it.

[​IMG]

Cheers.
    Marc
  16. S Won

S Won Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cjracer,
    Yes, it must suck being short! I'm average at 5' 10", so I'm not as short as some. I was just giving you the tip on the 'Gel' seat because I think it's much more comfortable than the stock seat is, not because I thought that you may be short. :D

k7,
    Thanks for asking! I'm doing great and I haven't had any problems. Overall, I feel very good! I get a little short of breath every once in awhile if I over do anything. I need to lose about 25 lbs. That may help. I'm addicted to Italian food. :lol3 My immigrant grandparents did that to me, well maybe it's in the genes.

Enjoy your S bike, cjracer! You got a good one! Yes, they ARE the prettiest but they are just as fast!

S Won
  17. BigBlue

BigBlue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I too recently purchased a 950S. It is an 04 model and had 7000 miles on the clock. The previous owner did the hard work and fitted Akro exhausts, Gobi Luggage, Engine bars, fork guards and a high front mudguard conversion.

I have since done about 1000 miles with it and it is going in for a service and new back tyre next week.

It is a such a great bike I have a blog dedicated to the bike I call BigBlue.

Enjoy:1drink

http://journals.aol.co.uk/ianross/MyLifewithaKTM950AdventureS/
  18. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Very nice, BigBlue. High fender is planned for the future, I'm just waiting to see what the Super Enduro fender will look like and if it will work.

Lomax, I do like the black ones also, but they were just too low for me.
  19. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    I have to get some fresh pic up here, but so far the bike has been great.
    I looked into the super enduro fender and it won't work very easily. Looks like you'd have to cut the front "grill" off to clear. Petrie has one in stock and it looks sweet.:eek1

Stats:

-2,000 miles
    -no oil usage
    -used .2 liters of coolant in the first 700 miles, but now has stayed level.
    -valves checked out just fine, no adjustment needed.

I've put sw-tech crash bars on, and the stock luggage racks.
    I bought Legion's Renazco seat. Looks great, comfy. Will put it to the real test next weekend on my trip to northern WI.

As for everyone saying the "S" handle like crap. I think it's just fine. I'm used to my LC4 640, so that may have something to do w/ it.

More Pics soon.
  20. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Legion's old seat.