Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. RobStar

RobStar Still On Training Wheels

Oddometer:
    I've been in a C3 since March and love it! It took about a week to break in so I didn't get the forehead squeeze headache thing anymore. I was previously wearing a Shoei Hornet DS so the noise abatement was substantial.

Mine is fitted with an Autocom system from Adam at Rocket Moto (another great vendor!).

My wife wants one now since at highway speed she has so much noise in her XD3 she can't hear the comm.

Robert
  2. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Boochzilla!

I'd like to get a C3 and a Cardo G4 dual set (as opposed to the SRC).

Since the sun visor slider is near the location of where the Cardo mounts, is the Cardo G4's mic boom long enough to mount it further back?
  3. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Folks,

A bunch of C3 Hi-Viz's in Large just came in stock.

They will go quickly.

You hear it first.

Anthony

4. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Gadg,

The SRC should be backwards compatible with the Q2, just like the G4.

You will be limited to the Q2's range though.

Thanks,

Anthony

5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Man,

The G4 may work behind the slider (it will be very close, depending on how you align it) but it will absolutely work with the sticky mount.

Anthony

6. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Craig,

To be honest you fall just under the top end of the MD size range. If you have a intermediate oval shaped head after break in you should be in a MD although it will feel very tight when you first buy it.

If you had a pronounced oval (think Arai Profile) or a very round head (HJC fit) you would probably be a LG only because the C3 would not be the optimal fit.

I hope this helps - something tells me the Shoei RF-1100 could be a hair big for your actual head measurement.

Here is a chart for comparison.

[​IMG]

Let me know what else I could offer. Also it could make sense to be sure you are measuring exactly. Have you seen our video?

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6FZjxLT8zM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6FZjxLT8zM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Anthony

7. Motorman

Motorman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Anthony,
    Do you offer a discount to Adventure inmates?
  8. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunatly, I just called Revzilla. The sales guy said that all of those helmets were already pre-sold..............bummer.:cry
  9. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    the revzilla website is showing lots of sizes (LRG) available now for the Hi-Viz yellow. I guess that guy that I talked to at Revzilla was full of it.:D
    Order is in.....
  10. Zeekster

Zeekster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had my Hi-Vis a coupla months and I just got the chance to ride it during a rain-event...NOT happy!!!!!! A seven hundred dollar helmet should NOT get wet on the inside of the faceshield...This is NOT safe! I'm wondering what is making this happen(don't say rain) where it leaks is NOT known,I'm leaving this to the experts.I see i'm NOT the only one experiencing this problem on this thread alone.I want some answers!!!!:eek1:huh:huh:deal

Geeberz! Five NOT words=NOT HAPPY BOOCH!!!
  11. GHanson

GHanson Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You inspired me to experiment a little, since I haven't ridden in rain since getting the C3.

Since my wife was out of the house :D I snapped the visor closed and soaked the helmet (and a good bit of the counters) down with the kitchen sink sprayer and then checked the visor.

Not a drop inside the visor.

Either my helmet was built on a Wednesday or something else is going on.

Are you snapping the visor fully closed, or could it have been left in the City position? When I sprayed with the visor in City, lots of leakage, as you'd expect with the visor not sealed. It has to be snapped closed for the seals to work.

I also put a very little Shin-Etsu grease on the seals when I first got it because the seals looked dry to me. Don't know if it makes the seals more watertight, but they're sure prettier.
  12. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Did you pull the shield down hard until the lock engaged? It will engage with an audible "snap". Mine will leak if I don't do this.
  13. Zeekster

Zeekster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. Sure don't remember if I snapped closed or not,now that ya'll reminded me of that feature...will try it out on the next storm...I'll be neddin a shower soon anyway...LOL:lol3Again thanks...:lol3
  14. SpaceBiker

SpaceBiker ZOOMing homeBODY

Oddometer:
    In rain you may have to close the chin vent depending on windshield position or no wind shield. Quite a lot of air though vent including broken up rain drops all led up behind face shield.
  15. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if your visor is warped/ Preventing a good seal around the gasket.
  16. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    That was my gut when I read this this morning, either the "city" position of the visor or the outlier case of a warped visor, which would be the first from the C3 line I have seen.

I have a ton of rain miles in mine and have had no issues - and I agree, if you are getting a ton of water in through and around the shield - you should be concerned. Glad you spoke up.

Can you give it one more bout in the rain with a double check on the face shield "snapped" down tight?

Let me know what you come up with and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Anthony
  17. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Hey Booch! I've been seeing that Pinlock is coming out with a photochromic insert that self darkens in sunlight. Any idea of when it'll be available for C3?
  18. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I have no word just yet. Things are slow going with product availability hinging on shipments from the EU.

Stay tuned.

Best,

Anthony

19. Sailingnuts

Sailingnuts Rather Ride or Sail

Oddometer:
    Hi Anthony,

Is it available for the RX-Q?
  20. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I have not heard anything specifically, but I do know that PhotoChromic is something that is very much on the radar of Shoei and Arai.

...chomping at the bit as well,....

A