HighAdventureTour 2012: From Insanity and Beyond....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jettn Jim, May 14, 2012.

1. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!

Well I spose it's time to hit the road, fly the coup, get outta dodge... time to take off on another High Adventure... :deal

As much as I love Sherri, my friends and family it's been long enough hang'n close to home... I GOTTA FLY!
    This road trip will start the day after tomorrow and last through August and into the beginning of September if all goes as planned... (Turns out it will go until the END of October:0 ... ) If there continues to be a plan.

Hadn't thot of a name for this RR yet... so my brother from another mother Terry says "From Insanity and Beyond" perfect!

I have lived on the lip
    of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
    knocking on a door. It opens.
    I've been knocking from the inside
    ~Rumi

Been THRASHING for the last few weeks getting ready and jumping a couple hurdles... fresh top end, new DRZ400 forks, new Gen2 swing arm, both stator and clutch cases opened , radiator, new tool tubes, 18" rear wheel, brakes...new calipers, rotors, lines and front master cylinder, bars with HDB goodies, Vapor and all controls, luggage, and MUCH MUCH MORE!
    Here's Des' 2 weeks ago, still sporting alotta old stuff...

[​IMG]

Here she is last week (after the TOTAL make over... pretty much everything but the frame and overflow bottle have been swapped out) on a shake down ride sans stickers... gotta get those new smaller pelicans stickered up before launch. :wink:
    [​IMG]

This ride will bring me into contact with lots of other folks and the Dreams they are living... a chance to step off the edge of my world and land onto theirs for a spell. It will also kinda force feed all the magnificent beauty of the land and sea (Mother Earth) as well as the energy of Father Spirit deep into my flesh and being. A new awareness always settles into me as I travel the pathways of land and air, my mind and being becoming more and more saturated with the true possibilities we all possess. All in all this ride will have changed me yet again by the time I return back to N.E. Pennsylvania... as a ride like this surely changes everyone who would step onto its trance like magic carpet.

Then on another shakedown ride last week I met Amy, she was doin' some fish'n up on Lycoming Creek north of Trout run, had to pull a U-turn and go meet her... Vava Voooooom, what a cutie.
    [​IMG]
    She's from N. Eastern PA but now up in N. Central working the Marcellus Shale Gas fields gig. Bringing lotsa $$$ to the local area.... my thoughts on the Fracking are still not all ironed out.

Then at Kemlers Restaurant where I'm having one of my last breakfast before take off, I see two of my favorite girls.... Codie and Alanna. So inquisitive about life, people, and places to see... just beautiful:)
    [​IMG]

Last summer at the end of my HighAdventureTour 2011: Spills, Thrills aaand Puurrty Giirrls, I was going to do a loop through Labrador and the Maritimes, but a high speed get off that broke me up pretty good including fracturing my spine yet again, and also destroyed Desiree's entire front end put that off... yet again. I've been trying to ride that part of the World since July 2008... always being denied entry, maybe I've been forcing it too much? I hope to make it up there this summer after this Rally Ride portion is finished up... we shall see.

It turns out there are a few Rally's going on this summer... like 8-9 just in the West, I'll see how many I can hit as I pass through their space.
    It kinda goes against my grain to have much of a plan... so to do these events is gonna take patience.. and a lot of it!
    I will be hooking up with NomadGal, and Parepin for a good bit of the journey too, as all our adventures will cross paths at different times... together we'll see what kind of a summer we can create!

This link from last years ride will let you see who I was last year... it started out as a 6 week ride out to Spokane to get back surgery, removing a plate and screws from my Sacrum... it turned into 4 months burning 17,000 miles, and a return visit to spinal injury:0
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671365&page=19

I'll leave ya with this...
    "If you bring forth that which is within you,
    Then that which is within you
    Will be your salvation.

If you do not bring forth that which is within you,
    Then that which is within you
    Will destroy you." -the Gnostic Gospels

Peace FF'S... see ya somewhere on the path,
    Jettn Jim
  2. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Well, I did all the purrty giirls touer with you so might as well tag along for this one too, Let's git a little a more sleep this this time,

I'm a lot older and need a nap everso often OK. IN !!!!
  3. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in.

This will be fun! :lol3

Here we go Jim, here we go!
  4. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang Jim you sure plan to put down some serious miles this summer! I know you will have a great time and keep spreading the good word! Thanks for taking us along and ride safe my brother! :clap
  5. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx Alot guys...
    OK was up till 4:30 this morning getting Desiree' ready and putting the required stickers all over the new smaller Pelicans with my Buddy Jenny and a couple beers. Gett'n on the road soon and headed for Diamond Lake and Beyond.
    Lets Gooooooooooooooooo YeeeHaaa
    Jim outta here! :1drink
  6. Scoutman

Scoutman Misanthropic Drifter

Oddometer:
    JJ...... Won't be making the Diamond Lake get together, cause I don't have a KLR, but you are definitely in my neck of the woods and would be happy to put on a few miles with ya or purchase a beverage or two @ Kelly's in Newport, WA if you should find the time.... Won't be making the trip the Hells Canyon this year as we will be headed to the Arctic..... Anyway, shoot me a PM if you're down for a brew or ten.... Cheers brother......Phil
  7. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx Phil.... :freaky I'll see and PM ya

I just spent two hours typing an EDIT for the first post to say why I really do this ride... instead of "yea I'm going from Ato Z and Blaaa blaaaa blaaaambla bla" But have lost it TWO TIMES sooo I'll post it up later whan I can... 700 mi yesterday and only 2hrs sleep ( because I woke up early feeling like I had to EDIT this thing LOL)

Well...... that'll have to wait. But before I post again I WILL EDIT THE OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let the poeple know what's really goin' on!:deal

Peace,
    Jettn Jim out
  8. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    OK I'll cheat and post one before I Edit the first post..

Just checked into a Super8 in Worthington Minnesota... and there are two ADVRider stickied bikes out back by mine...LOL nooo Shit small world eh. A DR650 and a KTM950 The DR has a rear tire goin waaay flat so I blocked up the guy or gals opposite foot peg so they don't find the bike on it's side in the morning...
  9. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim, Thanks for propping up Collarbones DR! It was great to meet a like minded traveler, I hope your adventure goes well and I hope we can cross paths again!

[​IMG]

I really dig your outlook on life and your spirit. We talked about Eddie Vedder and his song Guaranteed, I listened to it again after I got home and some of the lyrics seen to fit you and your journey through space.

Everyone I come across, in cages they bought
    They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought
    I've got my indignation, but I'm pure in all my thoughts
    I'm alive...

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
    Underneath my being is a road that disappeared
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead
    Overhead...

http://youtu.be/Mwx3RvDWvDM
  10. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    OKAY back from the edge....

Thanx Chad for the GREAT convo we had as like minded Seekers! That E. Vedder song definately fits me well....Thanx for posing it up. And look forward to contacting you in the future.

Like I said soon after starting this RR... I had to do some contemplating to see if I could put down in words what this is really all about???????
    For any of you who read my last RR you can kinda get the jist of it there..... I believe I will expand on it more here.....
    Just taking my time to feel how I really feel..... Tryin' to spread Joy, Happiness, Love, Fun, Folly and Play... as well as a good Work ethic while making the money to do these fun things and while DOIN' these fun things. Excepting negative/low energy for the balance/learning tool it can be.... It's more than this of course and I'll get to that later, but at least I've decided to get back to it.... todays news from home kinda spurred me along a bit. :huh

Had a longtime friend get murdered over the weekend, shot and drug into his house not to be found for days (rural town out in the country) .... and again it got me to doin' some deeeep introspection about myself, my life, my message and how I can better communicate to the community of life as a whole....
    And got me to seek more answers.... more TRUTH..... I'll check back in with ya soon.

On a lighter note............ it's been 7 weeks on the road now and I've ridden from PA to Northern Wash and Idaho, down into Moab then back across into NorCal and Oregon........Pulled a 300lb guy out of a flip and roll over on the Extraterrestrial Highway at 3a.m., helped an ol' boy with a flat on the McGruder, helped another couple stuck in the snow West of Troy... had to put a fawn out of her misery near Kane Creek outside of Moab etc..... met a TON of great people and seen some crazy cooool shit!!!! I'll start rehashing it here now. Been on the road with Parepin agian on and off... and we're head'n Nord 2mro for some 4th of July MADNESS in and where...... we've no damn Idea! But rest assured it will be goooood! Another foray into B.C. seems iminent too.

Can't wait to post up pics of all the KLRWorld/ADVRider friends I've met along the waaaay.

Peace,
    JJ

Love of my life Sherri Lynn, not soooo happy I'm leavin'...........[​IMG]
    Helping another seeker (NomadGal) along......
    [​IMG]
    Rokklym and Collarbone outside the Motel 8...
    [​IMG]
    Heather who really helped me to start taking notes again and commit to the RR.....
    [​IMG]
    Carol in Alzada MT... Love fer suuure....!^)-
    [​IMG]
    Aaaaahhhh......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Diamond Lake techday at Norris's place......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Me n Desiree' fix'n up Colts quad....
    [​IMG]
    Relaxing with Colt's Mama, Becky and little sister Ruger....
    [​IMG]
    John helping machine parts for NomadGal's Spirit....
    [​IMG]
    In some sticky situations in the Black Forest..... on the McGruder.
    [​IMG]
    Journey's End Revisited......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NOW we're hav'n fun..... Mick decides to ride along for 450mi including a 1hr-15min rip from Dug Bar to the Imnaha store. WooopWooop
    [​IMG]
    92 and young as ever......
    [​IMG]
    More snow.....
    [​IMG]
    MotoMedic, Parepin and Feyela join in the fun.....
    [​IMG]

And a little of this...…
  11. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,
    Glad to see your journey is going well! Looking forward to more updates.:clap
  12. chelo5sur

chelo5sur Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    suscribed ,following from Chile
  13. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Nice to see and update. My thoughts go out to you on the loss of your friend. Such as shame. :cry

I'm sure this is going to be tons of fun as you add your photos and thoughts. Keep riding and spreading Joy, Happiness, Love, Fun, Folly and Play... as well as a good Work ethic.

Post when you can and take a bit of time to enjoy the flowers along the way. :deal

:lurk
  14. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang Jim, sorry to hear about your buddy, that really sucks! I know for some reason you will find something good to come out of all the bad shit and it will cause something in you to work even harder to spread the positive energy! As always, just following along...you rock man!
  15. Collarbone

Collarbone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your friend Jim. Sounds like you have had a great adventure so far . Hope your finding your inner peace and enjoying your ride.
  16. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in and along for the ride, looks like good one! :D
  17. Feyala

Feyala Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Haha, IN! :lurk
  18. Jac Cambo

Jac Cambo Booze Merchant

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim - have a great trip.

Those tool tubes seem pretty low. Ever worry about losing them when you bottom the front out?

J
  19. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    OK......................................... Time to get this trip out to the masses. Thanx to all of you who posted up that your IN! :freaky

Been on the road for 16 weeks or soooo and think I'm ready to relate my thoughts now. Things and life have taken a BIG change for me as of late....... I'll try to keep it simple and just ketch up with the MANY pics, stories, adventures and people I met.

I pull outta the garage and point Desiree' WEST!!!!
    [​IMG]
    As I posted before..... Sherri not sooo happy I'm leaving. After abouuut the 6week on the road timeline as usual she and I begin to drift apart.....
    [​IMG]
    One of my closest friends and advisers Terry the Goldsmith sweeping as I leave in the rain....

[​IMG]
    Then it clears up...
    [​IMG]
    Not much to report really.... due to wanting to get out to Diamond Lake, WA ASAP I was doing the Interstate drone sooo some of the only exitement was at toll booths. An example: I pull up to one in Indiana I believe and it wouldn't spit a ticket so I buzzed the toll guard somewhere deep in mission control- "Yes I'm on a bike and the sensor doesn't seem to see me... can you send me out a ticket?" "haha yeeees suure no problem sweety" we go back and forth for a few more seconds and as we talk I notice that this woman has a REALLY SEXY voice! Now I know I need to be careful of what I say but I am sometimes painfully truthful sooo I say "By the way... not to be disrespectful... BUT you sure have a SEXY voice!" ??? ooooh boy too late now. " Giggle giggle why THANK YOU!" :smooch Whoa that went alright :lol3 glad I spoke up, that seemed to spread some happiness. On we go.........................
    [​IMG]
    I get out into Illinois and hold up for the night at a Comfort Inn in Earlville after 730mi on the superslab, only to notice that my masterlink clip has flown the coop as I'm testing a new 17tooth front sprocket. I grind more material off the cover, add a new clip then down the road. Also do some rain shell repair as I've crashed so many times with it that the holes need more nylon repair patch. (yup I carry that too)
    [​IMG]
    Break out the tools and start clearancing.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Next morning I get up and spend 2hrs trying to edit this R/R kinda trying to put up what I'm really up to here, only to lose it all twice.... uuuugh!!! Welp must not be time yet, need some more thought I spose.
    Nice jet streaks as I roll out near Paw Paw....
    [​IMG]
    I get out on I-39 N bound and by the next fuel up I see the master clip has flown the coupe again....I grind some more then put on a smaller link from a diff chain... that works and I'm goood to go. As I head North I am bucking STRONG headwinds from the NE sooo I slow up and cross the grassy median (ya gotta love an enduro!) and head back to the last exit to take some back roads, man the superslab is as usual KILLING ME!.... I head due West on a county road and now have a nice quartering tail wind instead!^)- seeing rural America and feeling alot better.
    I blow past some cruisers....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aaah some dirt....

[​IMG]
    Hit Amboy Illinois with some brick streets... (yea I like brick roads... Don't you?)
    [​IMG]
    Pull into the station and up pulls a lawnmower... gotta love a town like that!

[​IMG]
    Then hit up the Amboy Family Restaurant for some goood home cooking, told the waitress about self power and belief (she can't quit smoking) at least that's what she believes... Nope she can!

Then its back roads Northwest up into Minnesota where I hole up for the night in a Super 8 where I see a DR650 and a KTM 950m loaded for a tour... I notice ADV stickers on them and that the DR has a flat and is almost falling over. I prop it up with a cement block and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    In the morning I see the two guy's loading up the bikes and that the flat is fixed.... I roll out to say high and see where they've been and goin' etc..... It's Chad aka "Rokklym" and Rodger aka "Collarbone" heading home to Wisconsin from a Trans South Dakota tour........ Wooop woooop! They're gonna do a RR lata.
    Chads a freelance photographer and we share a deffinate connection in our views of life/reality.
    I can't believe once again we're in a gooc convo and I'm talking the Story/Truth and met these two likeminded guys.
    WOW Chad is gonna send me a shirt and I've gotta send him books (note to self!!! Send books) He compares me to Hunter S. Thompson... and I tell him that HST probably doesn't have a thing on me LOL! And that's SAYING ALOT.
    Load'n up..........
    [​IMG]
    Chads got a leaking seal sooooo I show him the magic Motion Pro seal wipe and dry things up...............
    [​IMG]
    Chads bussiness Lone Wolf Studios... funny because I sometimes go by Lone Wolf myself.
    [​IMG]
    Rodger shows me a neat trick which inspires me to make my own Funder brace later at Waynes in Idaho...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the road again... SUPER niiiice to meet you guys!!!
    [​IMG]