Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TheBigLebowski

TheBigLebowski It's true, mistakes were made.

Oddometer:
    It worked like a champ. Started no problem......put fresh gas though and turned the petcock off and let the bowl run dry. A lot easier than pulling the carb off the KlX......Thanks. By the way, I never had ball end allen keys.......that made all the difference.
  2. Kbowling

Kbowling Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im registered
  3. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Didja get it? We can clean that carb here sometime if you want to bring it.
    I have the drill if you want to do that too.

Edit:just saw your post. Cool.
  4. TripleThreat719

TripleThreat719 Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Dude, The Daytona 500 was last weekend... You're a little late to say yes to a tech day for that day...

I know... I know... I've had you buried at work and you just finally came up to breathe a little bit today, but come on... You should at least know when those crazy NASCAR races start... It was all the rage since Danica won the pole, you couldn't miss it, even on the main stream news!

Glad you got the KLX Started...
  5. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    check this thing out...

[​IMG]

seen it while out n about today, looks like 80's vw pick up. these things were front wheel drive and diesel and got 40+ mpg!

this one had no description, just a sign. so maybe it's a gasser... maybe a diesel.. :dunno if i didn't have so many damn vehicle layin round here i would look into it further.

it is kinda rough, so should be cheap... but damn 40+ mpg sure sounds good. :deal
  6. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    I think the taurus just took a shit. ha. I may have to look into this. My truck is 6 hours if that from being done but guess who doesn't have 1 hr of free time to his self until next Monday and is losing his 4 hrs of sleep tomorrow morning after part time before work to fix a ford. This guy!
    :kboom
  7. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    YES I love those old little trucks. I looked at one before I bought my Subaru, I would have bought it if the floor boards wouldn't have ben rusted completely through.
  8. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah that is totally you.
  9. Sniper10x

Sniper10x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    812 821 0073 I called him. Sounded like a real decent guy.

1983 Gas, Rebuilt engine and tranny, new clutch, 6000 miles ago. Newish struts and various suspention parts. Interior is nice. Has a rust spot behind the passenger side door.

He's on 231 between Spencer and Cloverdale.

Ride or Die is when?
  10. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    to bad it's gas.. :puke1 it just lost all of it's cool factor to me.. :deal

if it were diesel and i didn't already have a few beaters sittin round here.... i would be on it like cops on a doughnut!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yep... just south of town of "carp". sittin in driveway on west side of 231 all by it's lonesome. easy to find.

i am curious... what price did he have on it? i am not interested in it... just curious. i think it will need a lil work.. the front seat had a pillow covering something. maybe a pool of blood, who knows. :dunno there was a set of toggle switches on dash that were clearly not factory, so i assume a switch or two went bad and wal mart toggles were cheaper than vw oem replacements. and those mirrors.... cmon! but if drivetrain is fresh... it could be a decent beater for someone that is keepeing parts and bikes at someones elses house till he gets a truck.... or somehing like that.
  11. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Someone in that area is missing the mirrors from there 92 Katana :rofl
  12. Sniper10x

Sniper10x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh, I forgot the price. $2500 obo. It supposidly gets 30 mpg. He was driving it while we spoke.
  13. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    while i was walkin round it yesterday... i thought they looked like bike mirrors. but couldn't id year/make/model of em. yer a bad ass... :deal

thats too funny! :lol3

do whatcha gotta do i guess. but soon as i mounted the first one and stepped back n looked it over... then look around to see if anyone seen me install it... i would knock it off and do without! :lol3
  14. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    if it were diesel and freshly rebuilt, i could see it. i wouldn't pay it..... but at least i could see it.

his wife must be forcing the sale, and he REALLY likes it. :lol3
  15. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    So tell us, Tim, how did you manage to keep your trusty steed running under water for that long?? :lol3

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight='0' scrolling="no" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/e5dd7e7b-f59b-42ab-a6f3-5db4dafc087f/?vars=bWt0PWVuLXVzJnN5bmRpY2F0aW9uPXRhZyZjb25maWdOYW1lPXN5bmRpY2F0aW9ucGxheWVyJmxpbmtiYWNrPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuYmluZy5jb20lMkZ2aWRlb3MmZnI9c2hhcmVlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbiZjb25maWdDc2lkPU1TTlZpZGVvJmxpbmtvdmVycmlkZTI9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm1zbnZpZGVvLm1zbi5jb20lMkYlM0Z2aWRlb2lkJTNEJTdCMCU3RA%3D%3D">
  16. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    Hahaha. That hilarious.
  17. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer:
    Would someone please give me a hint as to what's on the vid? I'm trapped here at work in a no-vid zone...
  18. nickgindy

Oddometer:
    You riding one of your steeds.
  19. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    If you had a real phone... You could watch it like the rest of us.
  20. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Clock out and go to the foreman's office to check it out. Probably be pulled from the web by the time yer home.

Rich!