Iowa Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by bellbear, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Banksbird

Banksbird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice addition.
  2. Motorcyclelad

Motorcyclelad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Just took her over to Logan IA today to the hill climb at the quarry there. Good times. I was surprised how well she did on the gravel. Rode about 20 miles of gravel, and found myself going over sixty several times.
  3. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    After just about a full rebuild of this thing this winter, it feels sooo good to get out and get a few miles of gravel under the KTM. Here at Badger Creek State Recreational Area.

[​IMG]

The serviced suspension worked great, and the Pirelli Rally on the front was pretty darn good in deep gravel.
  4. M.S.R.

M.S.R. The Tenere Rider

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Looking good, Just needs to be BLUE
  5. lmyamen

lmyamen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got to go spend some time out riding today on my "adventure" bike haha. The weather if phenomenal out there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:
    I just went outside about an hour ago. I had no idea it was supposed to be this nice today. I had a real hard time trudging back to my office!
  7. rebar

rebar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy.. this weather makes me wonder if the bikes will run. One in perticular.

Heading down to Florida next week to buy a used car. E350 with a 1st gen cummins 5 speed.
    Driving up the gulf and Mississippi and using them as my maps. :wave
  8. engineman

engineman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Perfect weather today. Versys is getting new tires so I had to break out the emergency backup motorcycle.
    360 cc's of power and fury.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  9. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, a KTM orange Kawasaki! :lol3
  10. lmyamen

lmyamen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha that's the new ktm supermoto I just put Kawasaki badges on it to keep it under wraps
  11. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    You should go down that same road at lunch today. :evil

Dropping the Multi off on Monday for some routine service/recall work I haven't yet had done.
  12. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you check J&P cycles? Nolan seems like something that they would have, can't precisely remember seeing them there but if it's on their site chances are good you can try one on.
  13. Jdubb

Jdubb DL1000, WR250R

Oddometer:
    I am registered for SLAP in May. SLAP is an ARKANSAS Ride May 17-19. It will be some of the best ADV riding you can find. I am looking for anyone interested in going together...ride or haul? PM me if you are interested.
  14. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a touch of exploring last weekend. Found myself on this beauty.
    [​IMG]
  15. M.S.R.

M.S.R. The Tenere Rider

Oddometer:
    I think that looks familar.:evil
    [​IMG]
  16. lbever

lbever IAMX454

Oddometer:
    Yea that was me. That was my old 530 Spenser was on. We traded a few times during the ride. He now owns a 350XC-W. Goes way better on it then his 300XC he had.

Haven't been on the forum for a while, I have been burning fuel in the Tenere and the 350. Was able to put 50 miles on the 350 around a Hare Scramble loop and a couple hundred on the Tenere last weekend.

Heading for the Supercross this weekend. Hopefully Dungey can muster something for the other Ryan at his home race.
  17. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I thought it might have been. I talked to you after the ride, when you guys were pulling out. I had just gotten my 350. I'm a bud of Layton's and know Jim casually. The name is Mike McConaughy and I've race some of the IERA stuff, Gusse's and D17 in the 50+ class. I've been on various bikes in the past, Husky, GG, KTM but am really liking the 350, even though I haven't raced it yet.

Also compete in trials and we just got back from a 3 day ride in TN and school down there. See you around...
  18. johnny2k

johnny2k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey buddies,

I know we've probably never met and never will but I lived in the "fine" old state of Iowa until a year ago. I've just finished a video of the Anamosa Motorcycle Museum that I forgot I had. If you've never been to it then check this garbage out. You might recognize one or two of the guys in the video. If you do then you win a prize.

If you don't want to hear some music and part of an audio book about riding a bicycle around the world then you'll want to mute this sucker right away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FZjFCIimE
  19. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    So...anyone know of a good local deal on a Yamaha TW200?

I would like to find one for 2 reasons...1. to teach my wife how to ride and 2. to putter around on myself and go explore places the tires on the Multistrada won't let me explore.

Would also consider something similar but my wife is short so a "full on" dirtbike isn't going to cut it.
  20. lmyamen

lmyamen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just out at Hicklin in Grimes last week and they have a tw200 in.