F800GS looks poll.

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by The Griz, May 1, 2009.

?

Do you like the looks of the BMW F800GS?

1. Yes, it's beautiful. I can't stop staring at it.

2. It looks ok, but not amazing.

3. It's on the verge of being ugly.

4. Ok, this thing is ugly.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Most people I talk to tell me my F800GS is a great looking bike. I'd have to agree. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. never.ride

never.ride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Naturally I agree as well.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. steelerfan1069

steelerfan1069 bugkiller

Oddometer:
    What, no pics of you own bike Griz!
  4. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Caveman

Oddometer:
    It's the Jamie Eason of motorcycles.

[​IMG]
  5. anodyne

anodyne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the bike looks quite nice. That said, I'm interested in how many units have sold? I was close to dropping the coin, but at this point I'm a bit concerned about the range of mechanical issues that are being reported (clutches, oil leaks, stalling, ...). I'm not trying to be a downer as I was close to picking one up. I just need more than aesthetics to get me down the road. Envious of the ride, but not the current state of reliability as I perceive it.
  6. Fireman

Fireman Shazaam!

Oddometer:
    dood, don't let these forums spoil your fun. The "range of issues" may actually be only a few isolated occurances, complicated with a few coincidences, and exasperated by a hundred paranoid over-sensitized owners with a tendency toward buyers' remorse. My F800 has run perfectly from day one with nary a problem and a million smiles per mile. If it has a problem, I'll fix it and continue digging through AdvRider for my next farkle! I would nearly guarantee that every owner reading this would agree that a lot of the "knowledge" voiced on this forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Including mine!

Ride your own ride, and be merry.:clap
  7. anodyne

anodyne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand what you're saying, and I still might grab the 800GS. I've been lurking on a few different forums trying to gauge the "personality" of the bike (and some of the owners :huh :lol3). I just really need to pick something up soon and I'm starting to move toward the Strom ... not feeling much passion about that choice though. :confused
  8. Law Dawg (ret)

Law Dawg (ret) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The crew at work all remark about how good it looks. One (who came outside to listen to it today) says it looks high speed and low drag in a military sense. Had ond young lady in a BMW cage roll down her window and comment on how good the F8GS looks...plus she was not aware that BMW made bikes. Told her I was not aware they made cars until I passed one.
  9. Desert Dave

Desert Dave Enjoying the moment

Oddometer:
    Of course it's a great looking bike.

Personally I think it could use some MORE ugly, but I'm working hard on that.
  10. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    Yeah, except for the "Bill-the-Cat" headlight thing, it's a beauty.

[​IMG]

David
  11. Desert Dave

Desert Dave Enjoying the moment

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :rofl:lol3 Perfect!

I'll never be able to look at my GS the same way again.
  12. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Totally beautiful in a manly macho kind of way. Seems the only way I can get myself to quit staring at it is to get on it and ride :lol3
  13. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    I think it looks good. Context also helps out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David
  14. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    The bike looks amazing!!! So amazing, that I had to ugly it up a bit...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    Of course its be-A-u-ti-ful! So which one is faster the magnesium or the yellow?
  16. AngryRed

AngryRed Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer:
    Take everything you read on the forums with a grain of salt. On one hand you can share and learn valuable things about your bike but on the other hand be wary of the mass hysteria that can spread like wildfire.

Personally I love my bike and can't stop riding it. It does have a quirk or two but not nearly as many as my old 08 KLR. This bike just fits me much better and I love it.

Love that shot Dolphin... great light effect.

[​IMG]
  17. The Griz

Oddometer:
    Awesome pic, man.:thumb
  18. The Griz

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Fireman

Fireman Shazaam!

Oddometer:
    I don't know if beautiful is the word. It's more like an Apache helicopter. You can't tell me this isn't a mean-ass face. Awwww, it just wants to play...:D

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.photobucket.com/flash/input.swf" style="" id="IMGTag-code" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" name="IMGTag-code" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="ipt=%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fi673.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fvv95%2Fjesseriechman%2FIMGP0610.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D&trk=image_code_click_FULLVIEW_IMG&width=175&height=21&color=#000000&border=#BDBDBD&cont=IMGTagContainer" height="21" width="175">
    [​IMG]
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.photobucket.com/flash/input.swf" style="" id="IMGTag-code" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" name="IMGTag-code" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="ipt=%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fi673.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fvv95%2Fjesseriechman%2FIMGP0610.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D&trk=image_code_click_FULLVIEW_IMG&width=175&height=21&color=#000000&border=#BDBDBD&cont=IMGTagContainer" height="21" width="175">
  20. Transalp Jas

Transalp Jas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You, sir, are an under-appreciated genius. I've been looking for a way to adequately describe those headlghts for awhile.