My sunday ride with the wife:)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BlackDucRider, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:
    Well its been to cold for the wife to ride (anything under 50 and she won't get on the bike) so this sunday presented itself as the perfect time for us to explore.

The plan ride over to AL in search of the Worlds largest chair.

Here is the beginning

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While on our way i decided to take a detour from the map on a road that looked interesting and sure enough it was filled with twists and turns aplenty, but coming around a really nice right hander i noticed something to my right so i stopped and sure enough it was a waterfall in the middle of nowhere and hidden from the road failry well, so we stopped to check it out and get some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We continued on and the road got smaller and smaller and alot less maintained so not too many pics of it but it spit us out in a very small town, population in the very very low hundred.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Being a Dog person/Pitbull lover i take them with me albeit in sprit only:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this we rode boring hwy78 so no pictures, not much to see....well it was now getting to be lunch time and the SO's favorite place is Lonestar steak house and we don't have one near us in GA so i decided to surprise her with lunch at the one in Oxford that just happened to be on the way:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From here it was a short 25mile jaunt to where the chair was and wow that thing is big:eek1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well with that out of the way early we decided to just wander around and sure enough right around the corner we came up on this little guy:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On we went down the hwy until it turned into just a little 2 lane and we came up on this little town square..Don't see this too often anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We continued on down the road about 50-60 more miles and the day started turning a bit rainy and chilly for the wife so she opted to have us head for home, so i plugged into the gps the and it spit up this little road, no marking just a one car length wide patch of black top that quickly turned into a dirt uphill road and far be it from me to say the Ducati is bad off road..What fun this was because of the incline and twists in the dirt:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This little road just kept going up and up and it was awsome:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the down hill began, now for the real excitement:rofl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After all this fun the SO decided she needed a break for a bit so we pulled over at the coolest little rock formation/creek, pictures and fun then ensued:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She knows the ADVrider salute well:)
    [​IMG]

Where we came from.
    [​IMG]

Where we were going:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We then mounted the bike and continued on home, though a bit faster than before so not many more pics until i came up on this cool war machine display so we had to stop and get pics:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this we went on home:) not a bad 325 mile sunday ride with some very cool pics to add to the photo albums:)

Who says the Ducati Multistrada isn't an Adventure bike:rofl
  2. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    Sounds like ya had a great time... Thanks for sharing ....
    We just love that kind of ride....
    Ahhhhhh life is good !!! Don't ya think !!! :clap
  3. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:
    I do:D Its so nice to just wander sometimes with no preset destination and nothing but a whim to go on:1drink
  4. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    not sure why I stared at the sidways one so long :dunno:D:lol3 Your wife is a cutie!

Get her some proper gear and she will be up for longer/safer moer comfortable rides!

nice pics!
  5. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:
    :lol: Glad you liked it, She just refuses to wear ADV/Sport touring type gear, Hell she has a 400.00 Ducati jacket in the closet that she has never worn that is far better than the ICON she loves and since she is so small we have had problems with finding AST gear that will fit her comfortbly:D
  6. El Solo Lobo

El Solo Lobo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought the chair would be bigger. :D

Sounds like you had "fun" in the woods. Thanx for sharing.
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good ride with your wife.. lucky couple! Thanks for posting :thumb
  8. zadok

zadok Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great write-up and pics ther mate.:super
  9. knox

knox Stil a Noob

Oddometer:
    My wife LOVES the pink jacket. She can't wait to get all of her pink gear when I get my next bike.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
  10. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    To properly evaluate all gear options you should post pics of the hottie, eh I mean your wife trying on various riding gear :deal
    I will supply private email to keep the filthy pigs at bay! :lol3

The AST line of womens gear, might be worth revisiting, they have some smaller sizes now. Also, not to sounds weird but there is a large market of kids gear now in ladies fit. One of the bigger online places should have them, and they come in pink! :D
  11. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:

Sorry no more explicit pics than the ones posted will leave my puter:D

I happen to work for a large motorcycle dealership as their Internet ops manager so we have tried many options and lines of apparel already....she'll settle on something soon enough but if not no worries:lol3 or not:D

As can be seen I love my olympia gear:D
  12. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:

My SO loves it too but we will be upgrading her gear in the near future to more appropriate gear for the riding we do:D, the wife wishes that they would put out an Olympia Pink line but no such plans have been anounced by them:(

Also seems like you can get most other colors but pink for sport/touring gear, and pink and baby blue only in the squid sportbike stuff:huh I wonder why that is?:huh
  13. E-man

E-man 4-4-09, 12-6-09, 1-13-10

Oddometer:
    Nice ride report BlackDuc.

But I cant help but think that in 9 months there might be a blackducbaby..
    I mean you guys did have "FUN" in the woods right?:lol3
  14. BlackDucRider

BlackDucRider Banned

Oddometer:
    No BlackDucBaby on the way but we sure did have FUN in the woods:D