Finally happened...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by GSequoia, Dec 11, 2010.

1. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I'm going to take the bike out again or if I need to futz around in the garage I park on the 24" or so wide walkway in front of my house. Well yesterday I came home and just wanted to come inside, pulled up there, flipped the kickstand out, and didn't pay enough attention to make sure the kickstand was off the concrete.

Down she went, I managed to keep myself clear as I got off (ground is pretty soft, went down immediately). Broke a turn signal, that's it.

Good thing it's just a KLR :rofl
  2. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Complacency will bite you in the ass every time you give it a chance. :lol3
  3. Rotten Ronnie

Rotten Ronnie Crash

Oddometer:
    Kelly's Cross, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    It's time to bite the bullet and buy these:
    [​IMG]

Then you can ride it like you stole it and drop it 'cause you lack the skill like the rest of us. :muutt :lol3

Hey, why not install some shorter aftermarket signals that won't break when you go over?
  4. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club, and now that you have that one out of your system ....
  5. murgatroid42

murgatroid42 Great Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A long time ago, Murgawife and I were on our street bikes, and we stopped in a parking lot for a break. She pulled into a off-camber parking spot, but was concerned that her bike would fall over, so she told me she was moving the bike to a flatter spot. She did, but when she got off the bike, she forgot to put down the kickstand. The bike fell down and broke a turn signal and lever. She should have stayed in the orignal spot. :bluduh
  6. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually funny thing about that...

That's what I figured happened at first, then I saw the gouge in the ground and the dirt on the stand (I kinda pushed it forward while getting otu of it's way and the stand folded in).

I figure with all the motorcycle folks I've known 75% of them have the "One time I got off the bike and was looking so cool until I forgot to deploy the kickstand" stories. The other 25% just don't tell you about when they did that. :evil I'm still waiting.
  7. kbuckey

kbuckey Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The funniest one I ever saw had nothing to do with a kick stand. Friend had a BMW R69US with a hack. Some lady in a cage smashed up the hack and he needed to take it to the shop. I said I'd ride along and bring him home. Turns out they just unbolted the hack and we started home. Sure enough, first stop sign he came to a stop - and fell over, just like Arte Johnson on his tricycle (for those of you old enough to remember). Just flat forgot to put a foot down. I was trying reeeallly hard not to laugh as I helped him pick his bike up.