990 Adventure ABS Fault

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Dellis, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Dellis

Dellis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was out and about camping at the weekend, all was well on saturday but on sunday the ABS light stayed on after her the usual couple of wheel revolutions and remained on all day. I tested the ABS by locking the rear wheel and sure enough it wasn't working. So this evening I've investigated and found the fault a corroded connection. The connection is under the right hand sump guard plastic side cover, as you take the cover off it's the white two wire connector towards the front of the bike. I've cleaned the connector but think I'll replace it in the near future with a weatherproof one. Ran it up the road and the light went off and I've tested the ABS again with the rear brake and all is now well. Just thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else with a similar fault. Out of interest it's a 2012 model with about 25,000 miles on it ridded year round for pleasure only :)

Dave
  2. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    Could you take a pic of the location?
    Thank you!
  3. Dellis

Dellis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will do but not tonight I'm having a beer to celebrate a lucky find :)

Dave
  4. bikyto

Oddometer:
    :freaky
  5. Dellis

Dellis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found a pic on Google it's the white connector that is separated on this pic just to the lower right of the starter relay.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[​IMG]
  6. bikyto

Oddometer:
    Yep, that will do! Thanks for posting this.
  7. extremusski

extremusski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello.
    You are lucky about ABS. My light was on, and after i verified the connections everything was well. I was at the ktm dealer and they put the tester on it and they told my the ABS unit not respond.
    Now i try to find an ABS unit on sale, because the price of a new one its about 1800 $ :eek2

Cheers.
  8. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Check with Modulemasters in Idaho. They have been doing rebuilds on the BMW ABS pumps for a while, and I've heard good things. I am not sure they can do the KTM pumps however.

HTH :freaky
  9. Jody H

Jody H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On my '07 I removed the ABS completely. I think everything is in a box in my attic, if so i'll make you a heck of a deal on it.
    What parts do you need?
    PM me.
  10. Renierd

Renierd Renierd

Oddometer:
    Had the same issue with mine just after I bought it, but the speedo also didn't work, turned out to be the regulator that packed up. Not sure if yours has the same problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free