User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #826
Maoule
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Double Take Mirror- a new (and better) Dual Sport Mirror

Have y'all read the part of this thread that discusses inserting a 16mm long piece of 6mm aluminum rod into the spring. When you then tighten the wing nut, more pressure is put on the mirror ball resulting in less distortion of the soft ball.
Maoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #827
PNWet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH View Post
I think large "Heat Shrink" on the ball end should do the trick.
A wrap or two of Vulcanized Electrical Tape would also work. It's available where I live in the electrical section of any hardware store for less than $4 US per roll.

It's rubberized electrical tape that only adheres to itself.
PNWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #828
NonstopBanana
Thumper Rider

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
i think some unreasonably expect a vibration-free image which i just don't think is possible without a very heavy design. i reckon they've hit a good compromise on light weight but acceptable levels of vibration in the image.
I'm just curious just how much vibration the doubletakes have? The stock mirrors on my bike are fairly ok at high speeds (it's an XT225), but my partner's WR250R has some other aftermarket mirrors that at highway speeds look like frosted glass. They border on unusuable in those conditions. I'm guessing the Doubletake ones only vibrate a little but you can still see what's going on in them, right?
NonstopBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #829
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonstopBanana View Post
I'm just curious just how much vibration the doubletakes have? The stock mirrors on my bike are fairly ok at high speeds (it's an XT225), but my partner's WR250R has some other aftermarket mirrors that at highway speeds look like frosted glass. They border on unusuable in those conditions. I'm guessing the Doubletake ones only vibrate a little but you can still see what's going on in them, right?
I've used the DT's on all my ds bikes and the are more than adequate for actually being used as mirrors. They don't vibrate anymore than stock mirrors.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #830
Piston
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
I've had these on my 640 and am really happy with the functionality and overall toughness of them, but I really don't like the looks of them (personal preference obviously).

This may have been asked before, but do you have any plans of making a non circular version of the DT?

I'm going to buy 2 more for my 250, but I would like to go with something more along the lines of the "arrow" style or superduke style mirror for my 990.

Regardless though, I've put the DT through the ringer on the 640 and have never had an issue with them.
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:47 AM   #831
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston View Post
This may have been asked before, but do you have any plans of making a non circular version of the DT?
Funny you should say that, a little birdie told me the answer is yes. And pretty soon now, too. More info to follow as it becomes available...

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #832
Turbo Ghost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
a little birdie told me the answer is yes. And pretty soon now, too. More info to follow as it becomes available...

YES!! That's what I've been waiting for!! I hope there's a rectangular version with the ball located on one end of the back! That's the style I like and I think it offers a lot of position options! Keep us updated!!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:29 PM   #833
Piston
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Funny you should say that, a little birdie told me the answer is yes. And pretty soon now, too. More info to follow as it becomes available...
Awesome! I did just order another one because I needed it for now, but I'll probably order two of your "new" version if they look good. Thanks
“What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.”
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #834
TXSANDMAN
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I think I may be out of room .... Sure wish there was a top mount for the msr clutch perch.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #835
CrookedRaven
Tours and Training

Oddometer: 26
Great mirrors. I've used them for years. Looking forward to the new design. Keep up the good work.