Suggestions on 1190 exhaust options?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Babatad, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Since the Akra for the 1190 is baffled (lots of restriction to flow) I wonder why KTM released an Akra map. Both OEM and Akra should flow the same or pretty close, right?
    Am I missing something?
  2. harryzgnilek

harryzgnilek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks

yes its free flow but I can put a baffle insert
  3. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    356 miles SE or 539 miles NW of Orla, Texas
    Unless they don't flow the same. :D
  4. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    Can anyone confirm there is a different map for the Akra slip on? I don't believe that is true.
  5. Jaimoto

Oddometer:
    Right :lol3
    But the 1190 has been in the market for a year, KTM selling Akras for it, and this is the first time I heard about an Akra map for a 1190...(maybe the release date for this map is what I'm missing :lol3)
    So, KTM was selling 1190 & Akras and after one year they realized the bike was running lean and needs remapping...?
  6. TakSD

TakSD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes... This is the biggest problem with such forums. Full of such valuable information and then some people just go along and quote their ideas, that can be total BS, and others then use this as a reference...
    No there is no akra map for the 1190 adventure/R

The wings manufacturer told me personally via email that it is ok to run the wings exhaust with the smal (I.e. Less restrictive) baffle in, but not without any baffle.
    On the other hand the Australian dealer for wings said that it is ok to run the wings on a standard map 1190, without any baffles... Both to me via email and on the South African forum...
    Upon querying this with the manufacturer again he said it is ok to run without baffles.

Conclusion: even though their products are of the most premium quality out there, they need to get their story straight, at least between themselves. Sorry but I won't be risking my engine on a bike that I want to have for many years...
  7. Todd-Squad

Todd-Squad See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer:

I would bet the difference in opinion has more to do with different peoples understanding of emissions/noise control regs in different countries, than how the bike will run.
  8. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Earlier in this forum some one had asked about getting a Wings pipe.
    I ordered it last Sunday and it showed up today. Wow, I was very surprised that it came this quickly. Btw, he provides a tracking number to track the shipment
  9. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    Yes, excellent service! I still waiting on my Arrow front pipe to get here. It was shipped over a week ago from over the pond. I can't say enough about Wings service and quality of product. I am very happy and highly recommend.
  10. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    did you order the Arrow with or without the Cat Convertor?
  11. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    Without. I ordered it well before the holidays but I was told that the factory was closed for the holidays and would reopen Jan 6. They certainly don't use UPS like Wings does. Like you, I had that in less than a week.
  12. skywayrider

skywayrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the Arrow, love it. Ya it took three weeks to get here.
  13. Davy F

Davy F Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer:
    I'll muddy the waters a little more regarding the Wings baffles. I asked the question too and the reply was....run with either baffle in, no problem. No baffle and the bike needs to be set up with something like a power commander.

I run mine with the big baffle in place.
  14. motomuppet

motomuppet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone dyno'd an adv with an arrow catless pipe and aftermarket muffler? Does running the arrow catless pipe make a difference with the underseat heat?
  15. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping it does.
  16. Tjeu

Tjeu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wanted to order the arrow front pipes, but the arrow importer and the KTM importer do not have any experience with these pipes for the KTM 1190 adventure, so they recommanded not to buy them yet....

The problem is the O2 (or lambda?) sensor only has a reach from 0.98 to 1.02 and problably the values will exeat(?) that range with arrow front pipes.
    According my dealer there is a mapping for open exhaust, but there is no map for front pipes without cat...
  17. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. Tjeu

Tjeu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I'm from Belgium. We first learn Dutch and French so English is only my 3th language...

Which part isn't clear?
  19. skywayrider

skywayrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well and written and informative. Thank you.
  20. Jaimoto

Oddometer:
    Talkin bout the engine will need more fuel to compensate for the extra flow of no cats/no internal baffles.
    The ECU would need a remapping (not available) or piggyback (powercommander?) If you get the Arrow headers&can it would be a good idea taking your bike to a dyno so you know where the air/fuel ratio is.