? by a new GSPD owner

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by GSteve, Oct 26, 2011.

1. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    I lucked into my first airhead, a 1995 GSPD Classic, and the bonding process is going well. I've had the bike for a couple of months and have put about 1600 miles on it, so far. I have noticed one potential issue that I'm sure the experienced inmates here have seen before. I have noticed a rub mark (possible tire interference) on the inside the left side of the rear fender. I have a new Annakee 3 on the back, but I don't see any corresponding marks on the tire. Is this common when loaded or...? Other than increased preload any other ideas?

[​IMG]
  2. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heat from the exhaust can buckle the rear guard. :wink:
  3. fishkens

fishkens Long timer

Oddometer:
    My '88 GS did that since it was new. I just looked at it and you'd be surprised how similar the wear on mine is to yours.

Get a little mud on it and you'll never think about it again - it's a non issue. :D

Enjoy your new bike! From the looks of the inside of the muffler it appears to be super-clean.
  4. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took the pic right after washing the dust & dirt of from today's ride. From the replies, it's a non-issue & no worries! :wink:

Thanks
  5. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was my thought when I first saw the mark, but everything checks out nice & tight. Thanks
  6. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    My GS has the same mark, with no mark on the current tire or the tire it replaced,
    Now I'm running a TKC with the spacer in place.

I'm thinking maybe it was a hard hit with a tire loaded with mud that did mine. I don't know I'm not too worried about it, but I keep my eye on things back there just to be safe.