Maine Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by sallydog, Sep 7, 2008.

?

what should be the time limit for new tags

1. 2 days

2. 3 days

3. 5 days

4. no time limit

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    Okay let's kick his thang off....mmkay

Rules are easy...
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located.Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
      • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable & b) not placed on a dirt road.
      • Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Your bike has to be in the TAG picture
    6. the new follow-up tag has to be posted within 48 hours or the old tag is back up for grabs again.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.:rofl

Finally,

If you wanna play, you gotta ride.:deal
  2. sallydog

Oddometer:
    This was taken close to Thunder Hole in a national park.
    Thunder Hole is a small inlet, naturally carved out of the rocks, where the waves roll into. At the end of this inlet, down low, is a small cavern where, when the rush of the wave arrives, air and water is forced out like a clap of distant thunder. Water may spout as high as 40 feet with a thunderous roar! Hence the name: Thunder Hole.

[​IMG]
  3. sallydog

Oddometer:
    my mistake
  4. sallydog

Oddometer:
    i start them wherever i go. if anyone ever changes them i will come back and participate. seems like new englanders dont like to play though. or the tags are too hard to find.
  5. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    +1

But no one said the photo lo-cals had to be in easy to bag locations... Both the NH and ME locations are kind of softballs as far as difficulty in figuring them out... It's just a game...

Game on!!!

:clap
  6. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    I agree.. but in Sally Dog's defenese, both the NH & ME tags are prime tourist destinations and the chances are he doesn't know too many of the 'hidden jems' you and I do being locals..

The NH tag is at least a 175 miles round trip for me and there is no way I would ride all the way up to the ME location just to snap a picture...

Each player should bring their own twist to the game; some will be clever, some will be longer miles and some will be difficult to find. The best will be some combination of all three.

Cheers,

A
  7. sallydog

Oddometer:
    i rode from brownfield to get it. but then again, i like to ride motorcycles. mine is 2006 with 39987 miles. you just have to love to ride to play this game. post your home town and someone might drop a tag a couple miles from your house so you can play too.
  8. Augie_Dogie

Augie_Dogie Ride More; Post Less

Oddometer:
    Easy Peasy...........I'll be right up. :rofl

FWIW,I think that the success of tag hread depends on ADVrider density & border proximty. Presently the PA tag is in the Pittsburgh area where there is a reaonable ADVrider density, The NYS tagorama is sluggish in WNY (Low ADVrider density) and should pick up once it goes east. (Higher ADVrider density)

Dog help me if it gets into NYC. :lol3

I also think that should be one (or more) nutcase who acts as thread steward. One who likes and can do a medium or long range ride to relocate the tag to an area of interest (and higher rider density)

Ohio and Virginia are excelllent reading.

A_D
  9. Augie_Dogie

Augie_Dogie Ride More; Post Less

Oddometer:
    True Dat
    ADVrider density drives the thread.
    Yup......perfect sense.
  10. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    Hey Geode,

Interesting........

Are you suggesting merging the ME, NH & VT Tag-o-Rama threads???

I wouldn't be crazy about eliminating each state's Tag-o-Rama because that would make the distances prohibitive for many people in the sense that if you live in Southern VT and the tag is, for instance, up in Bar Harbor ME, it would be an 8-10 hour ride one way to get up there.

I think if you wanted to create a Tri-State Tag-o-Rama as separate from the others that would be fine. I agree it would increase the number of eligible players for sure. Go for it!!! I'll play that one too!!!

Personally I ride a lot in NH and VT due to my geographic location and getting over to northern/central coastal ME would be a two day affair.

In terms of how many ADV members would be playing in the separate state Tog-o-ramas; I have no idea how many of us there are and how many would be interested in playing, but I'd like to see the separate states stand for a couple of months to see if there is adequate interest.

Also you mentioned a moderator of some sort. That sounds fine with me. I figure that there will always be someone who takes a keen interest in making sure the game moves along.

Just my .$02

A-Bone
  11. sallydog

Oddometer:
    if you ride so much why dont you just play both like the rest of us. there are no rules about boarder jumpers...
  12. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    :scratch

Did you read what I wrote???

I am all for having each state have it's own game going...

I also defended you for posting remote tags for game starter and I was pleased to see an out-of-stater playing....

:dunno
  13. Shuffler

Shuffler Hommes Grande

Oddometer:
    I'd love to play since I'll be in Maine for the next 3 weeks, except I don't have my rides out here. :bluduh

Carry on....
  14. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    You seem like a nice guy....

Just get a picture of your girl neckid in place of the bike and we'll let her stand in for the bike....

K?

K
    nk14zp likes this.
  15. boxercup03

boxercup03 Jim Taylor

Oddometer:
  16. sallydog

Oddometer:
  17. A-Bone

A-Bone Indubitably

Oddometer:
    Nice...

ME is off and running...

Hey BC03... Get a picture in Preque Isle... Everyone will love you for it.... :lol3
  18. boxercup03

boxercup03 Jim Taylor

Oddometer:
    I must admitt, I had some evil thoughts about where to put the new tags, but I want to make it easier for everyone to play. I was going to put the New York tag on Fishers Island, now thats evil, and I don't think anyone would pay for the ferry ride to get there. I'm going to put them up tonight.
  19. radguzzi

radguzzi The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer:
    Ahhhmmm....
    Gassed up and ready to go.... :lurk
  20. boxercup03

boxercup03 Jim Taylor

Oddometer: