Sacramento Area Free Stuff

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Cpt. Ron, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    EDIT 11/25/15: Updated title to reflect general free stuff for the Sacramento area. New stuff at the end of the thread.

EDIT 11/14/13: Instead of making more threads about giving/donating stuff, how about just adding on to this thread?

Changed tires on my my new-to-me DR350S. I removed an IRC Trail Winner (no that's not a a Charlie Sheen quote...) GP-110-R (5.10 S18), and need to get rid of it. So, in a nutshell, it's an 18-inch narrow dual sport tire, not a knobby. Bring a beer or a good story.....or both. I don't really care (but beer is a good conversation starter.....). It's a good tire I don't need but hopefully someone can use it.

P.S. No, this won't fit a KLR.
  2. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Oh, and it's a rear tire to be more accurate:

[​IMG]
  3. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    What kind of crap is this? It has dirt on it :lol3
  4. luv2lean

luv2lean not lost til out of gas

Oddometer:
    Tarnation! a dang-near-new tire there.
    What a guy! I wooda slapped it on that XR, or maybe even the big bad 950.

btw - we need to get together and ride at least so I can see that big (orange/blue?GO??) 950.
  5. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    It's too narrow for the stock 950 rear rim, and I have no interest in putting on the XRR. But if you want to ride with me, it will have to wait. I've got a blown ACL and am having surgery on 2/4. So I'm out from any decent riding until May. :cry
  6. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Still available.....
  7. scottrnelson

scottrnelson Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    I want it.

I was planning to buy that exact tire for my XR650L after wearing off about two more millimeters of the current tire (same thing in a 4.60).

I can come pick it up tomorrow evening or any evening later in the week.

I'll send you a PM for more details...

And I've seen a 5.10 on a KLR that often parks in the same area where I park at work. That's what made me decide I could probably put a 5.10 on my XR rather than another 4.60.
  8. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    The tire has left the building....

Nice meeting you, Scott.
  9. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    Thanks again. I promise to wear it out properly with a mix of pavement and dirt riding.
  10. tomfoolery

tomfoolery procrastinator

Oddometer:
    I'll keep this thread running. I have a set of Continental TKC80 (Twinduro) tires FREE to anyone who would like them.
    The rear has at least 50% tread remaining in the middle at the lowest and the front has at least 80%. PM me your Email address and I'll send a picture. (I thought I could post one on here)
    Rear is a 150/70-17 and front is a 90/90-21. I had them on a KLR for about 1,500mi but the rear is really too wide for the KLR rim.

You can pick them up at my smog shop in Auburn just off I80 on highway 49 at; 320 Grass Valley hwy Auburn, CA

If they are worth $20 or so to you then you can donate that to this web site to keep ADVrider going but it would only be a gift from you, not a requirement of mine.

TOM
  11. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    Gee, I wonder of those would work on my KTM? :scratch

Oh wait, the KLR has a 17 inch rear rim?

I still have a new set of TKC-80's mounted on my spare XR rims waiting for me to put back on the bike and go do some more serious dirt riding. They have about 10 miles on them so far.

I like the idea of continuing to add free stuff to this thread, rather than starting a bunch of new threads. That's the AdvRider way, right?
  12. tomfoolery

tomfoolery procrastinator

Oddometer:
    The TKCs are gone.
  13. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Here you go. My error is your gain if you dare. Anyone care for this?
    120/100-18 Desert IT with a Michelin Rally Mouse. Before removal, the mousse had only 70 miles on it from the Virginia City Grand Prix in 2012. The tire was half-worn from the Kings of the West Rally before tackling the VCGP. I was going to remount the mousse, but damaged it during removal. F-me.....It's probably still good for somebody who isn't going far from home/the truck etc. Probably not for a long dual sport ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    I have two pairs of new, never used, in their original packaging, Victor brake pads for many Yamaha bikes from 1976-1982. They may fit other bikes, YMMV. Money back guarantee.....

[​IMG]

Can't read that label? Try this link:

http://www.pbase.com/rhipkiss/image/153382168/original
  15. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Lets revive this thread. I changed the thread title to open this up for a local "free-bay".

First up, two pairs of winter gloves. They're used but still usable. Free, you pick up, first come, first served.

Attached Files:

16. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Next, we have some helmet bags, quantity 5. Again, first come, first served.

Attached Files:

17. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    I have an old Eureka Timberline 2-person tent. I used this in Boy Scouts for a decade in the previous century. The rain fly has a small tear. It's not light, it's not entirely free-standing. But it's a good backyard tent or fair-weather car camping tent. And the price is right. Yes, I'm too lazy to set it up for a pic, so here's a pic of the stuff sack. I'm pretty sure there's enough stakes for it to work. Includes a vestibule.

Attached Files:

18. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Now for something completely different. A Bodyglove skim board. Where the fuck did I get this and why? IDK. I never used it. But it does have some residual wax that has collected "stuff" floating in the garage for at least a decade. Good for some of the beaches along the American River. Come get it.

Attached Files:

19. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Any Rocketeers in the area? My old launch stand (again from the previous century), Designer Kit, some unbuilt rockets and a shit load of engines. I've had visions of grandeur building and launching rockets, but I just don't have the time. I'd really like a Dad and young son get into this like I did....decades ago.

Free, first come, first served.

Attached Files: