Your fav motorcycle insurance for MA riders?

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Donkey, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey massholes :lol3 what's the cheapest & best insurance you've found? I don't believe Foremost writes in MA (still)!!

Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it :beer
  2. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :ear
  3. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    I've got progressive on my SV1k and DRZ; full on the SV, bare minimum on the DRZ. It's significantly more expensive than insurance in any of the other states I've lived in, but not unreasonable. Haven't had any experience with other companies, so I can't help you there.

Hope that helps!
  4. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the feedback, we have progressive on the car but wasn't sure if there was something as low as foremost but still worthwhile...
  5. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Massachusetts only deregulated (and even so only partially dergulated) motor vehicle insurance in recent years. Used to be that every company charged the same price for the same standard policy. Since dergulation the number of insurers doing business in MA has increased (and they can set their own prices), but I still don't think we have the full variety some other major markets do.
  6. Noth

Noth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No Insurance Carriers are not allowed to use credit scores as a basis for underwriting in Massachusetts.

This is interesting.. http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/east/2012/12/04/272682.htm

I use Hanover only because they writemy house and other vehicles and I have an Umbrella policy .. I don't want to get another carrierin the mix as I may have issues with my Umbrella + Hanopver is willing to insure my house in a coastalcommunity without a seperate (much higher) wind deductible.. so If they are a bit high on my bike, I will live with that..
  7. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    progresive is working for me

I just had to deal with them after a loss and had a no issues with the way they handled the loss.

they treaded me well and adjustor cut a check after see looked at bike.
    just be sure to tell your agent if you have any farkles add on.

as long as you state add on values before to submit a claim they will pay for farkles as well.

I was happy with them
  8. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    So got new tires out of it?

Took a look see....

(lol - Most of that passes spell check too, except for "adjustor".)
  9. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so do people feel that progressive has low rates in mass?

sent from my iPhone 5 via Tapatalk
  10. Noth

Noth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Carriers set different rates for different types of business.., It has a lot to do with whether they are interested in that class of business..
    Suggest you contact an independent broker that deals with many insurance carriers and that broker will get quotes from multiple companies and be sure the coverage offered by each is adequate and correct. Progressive is a "direct writer".. they don't have agents.. so the person there works for them as opposed to working for you.. That's a huge difference.. but get the broker quotes and then go to Progressive and compare..
  11. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Yeah. It is un-possible that any one carrier would always be cheapest. Or everyone would use them and there would only be one insurance company. You just gotta get a quote for your specific situation.
  12. sailer

sailer trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer:
    WOW ! I really need to check my spelling.

see you at Berkshire, I be working on my grammer until then :deal
  13. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the info guys, I'll get some quotes from an agent then compare them to progressive, good call....:beer
  14. 2wheels2fun

2wheels2fun Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have my home and both autos on an Arbella policy with pretty good discounts. When I added a bike the rates seemed ridiculous. I priced with Progressive and insure there now for just over half of the Arbella add-on.
  15. Joe?

Joe? ... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another vote for Progressive. Most companies let you get quotes online fairly easily, so shopping around isn't particularly hard.
  16. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    I have whoever my insuance agent placed me with. They switch it around ever few years. Unless I go down to the office and check, I don't even remember who it's with now. I don't bother getting my own quotes.