Cape to Cape.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Phreaky Phil, May 19, 2013.

1. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Have fun, and remember the Molesworth has a lot of wandering stock at the moment.
  2. Oaters

Oaters Old - not bold - moto riding addict

Oddometer:
    thanks Woodman - I noted your warning over on the Nelson thread - Cheers S
  3. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have a good time down there Aslan. :D
  4. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Wot he said Aslan.

I was thinking about the Taranaki hard core crew yesterday wondering if they were making the most of this awesome hot weather we're having at the mo. Seems quite a few organised rides happening at the mo. Good time too before the xmas loopies hit the road.
  5. Micawberism

Micawberism Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are we making the most of this fine weather? You betcha Padders :clap
    Just got home from doing the Wanganui River Rd - Parapara's loop.
    You will be pleased to know its not far (by hardcore standards :evil ) between coffee's:lol3
  6. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    And you'll be pleased to know that plans are underway to fit a sidechair to Schmidt with a coffee machine plumbed up so no more grumpy Padmei on long rides:wink:

Prob could actually fit a pie warmer on there too for those that feel inclined
  7. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Attach a camelback hose to the coffee machine and You can sip away all day :D happy Padmei
    As for riding, yes. Making the most of it. Weekend before last I took Dawn to Napier as she missed out on the C2C and this weekend Youngie, Leanne, Dawn and I spent the weekend exploring in the central North Island. Found an Awesome spot for an overnight stop
    A new plan :evil
  8. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    Dats where I was yesterday - except I went home via Turakina Valley - Hunterville - Apiti - Ashurst etc

I love the river road - I just bobble along at modest pace drinking in that lovely 'land time for forgot' feeling
  9. Micawberism

Oddometer:
    They are marketing it well. It has that same "forgotten world" feeling as 43. A noticable increase in the number of camper vans being the unfortunate side effect.
    I was riding with a guy on a triumph something or other road bike, he found the first gravel section below Jerusalem needed his full consentration :evil
  10. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    We went up Turakina Valley Road on Saturday, my first time, gorgeous road and scenery.
  11. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    Yes I wouldn’t want to be on that bit with a fat 17" front plow. I took it nice and easy even with a nice skinny 21' front. I went up the river road a couple of months ago and had to dodge every animal known to mankind - sheep,cows,horses,goats,pigs even lamas. This time I never saw anything until just out of Reatahi - weird how it changes.

And yes it does have a similar feel to 43, Taumaranui to Stratford is also one of the best road rides in the country.

I was intending to head down Whangaehu Valley Rd but the road is/was blocked so Turikina was my 2nd choice - but it was a lovely ride anyway.

What time did you come through? - I went down about 2pm ish
  12. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    We stayed in Wanganui on Friday night so left around 9.00 am, we lunched in Taihape :-)
  13. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    We actually went up the Whangaehu Valley road, across Fields Track and down Turikina Valley rd. :deal But Youngies maps a bit trashed so its hard to tell :lol3
  14. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    How is the president of the THC doing now? Healing up well with no long term injuries?
  15. Micawberism

Oddometer:
    News gets to the South Padders? :lol3
    Yeah mate you will be pleased to know the assistant director of the next Naki Coffeeless ride survived :D
    Serious head and spinal injuries? haa Drs what do they know :evil
    They couldnt find anything wrong with me (that didnt already exist) so its a case of sit quietly in a corner and mend for a month.
    And as a matter of interest, yes it fooken hurt :kboom
  16. Oaters

Oaters Old - not bold - moto riding addict

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're okay Colin - from the news paper pic it looked like your tractor received a hell of a whack
  17. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear that there wasn't major injuries, but I'm betting that the contusions, sprains, & experience of it will have knocked you around.

Did Phil defer the ride down here? Haven't heard from him.
  18. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Seems that keeping off the grog isn't always enough to prevent waking up in the morning & feeling like you've been hit by a truck :lol3

Get well soon, we are relieved to hear things aren't as bad as 1st reported!

Cheers
    Clint
  19. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    You should try a cup of coffee in the morning - does wonders for me:nod
  20. Micawberism

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the slackness of reports people, Dr has told me I am not allowed to go near TV or computer :eek1 plus I am not allowed to read anything. Bah humbug, Drs what would they know :huh
    Results are in and they found no broken bones, internal bleeding or brain damage. Mind you they never mentioned finding a brain so perhaps............:D
    I have lost at least 12 hrs of memory, it flew out the window somewhere during the crash :huh I was out to lunch for a few hours, they tell me I was pleasant to deal with (I was talking the whole time apparently) but the conversation got a bit boring for them as I was on a two minute repeat cycle :lol3
    I am not allowed to drive a motor vehicle until the end of the month due to the extent of the concussion, do bikes class as motor vehicles? :deal
    Any hee, best I get off this computer before I get growled at (again). Thankyou for your good wishes and kind thoughts, I shall repay you in kind by continueing to annoy you all :wink: and will get some more wee adventures organised soon :clap