MotoGP Austin, April 19-21, 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pacman1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :evil

I think I could probably rustle one up, problem is April is hammered! April 6 - 7 is the Desert 100 in Washington, April 13 - 14 is the Bug Boil, in AUSTIN... April 19 - 21 Moto GP.... arg. Can't believe my Austin homies scheduled the Bug Boil for the weekend before Moto GP, I coulda killed two birds with one stone!
  2. K2vodka

K2vodka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey! You local guys, thanks for the tips.
  3. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a good location. Walking distance for the downtown stuff.
  4. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    You think the website is bad...trying calling them! Holy smokes, I sure do hope they put on a better race than a phone system or website.
  5. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    I and a good friend are going to ride down from KS. He grew up in Austin and said we will stay with family there, my only concern is he said no need to get tickets till we get there that there will be plenty, hate to get there and not be able to get in?. any reason to worry?. bete.
  6. philosobrad

philosobrad problem_solvent

Oddometer:
    I have a deal at the Embassy Suites for 3 nights I booked late last year, while the gettin was good. In the meantime, I've gained access to an RV. I'll hold on to this reservation till the week prior, but will let it go at face value, saving someone 50 bucks a night. The cost as of today on the website is 200 per night plus taxes and fees!!!! My cost is 150 plus tax per night. It's a 2 double bed suite with living room/foldout couch combo, so can sleep several. Let me know if interested.

Checking in Thursday, April 18
    Checking out Sunday, April 21
  7. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any of you locals know anything about the camping in this area? Near the track? Anywhere? I called one place, he claimed he was right across from the track. He wanted $300 a night:eek1. No way......Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...BTW, this will be for tent camping.
  8. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Talked with someone at COTA and found out there no shuttles (like they did with F1) for the Motogp races.

If you purchase reserved seating you will also be able to get into all the GA areas.

We are thinking of grandstand, but don't know the difference between main grandstand club, or main grandstand lower? Wondering which one would be better? We want to make sure we have covered seating, my wife burns so easy and need to be able to sit in shade if possible.

I love trying good local food when I travel someplace I've never been too. So when I'm in Austin, what is the one thing I must try before I leave? And where do I get it!?
  9. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:

yes......yes ..........yes.........ya'll homeboys.............give us the skinny........
  10. philosobrad

philosobrad problem_solvent

Oddometer:
    My deal is half that, comes with free evening booze, AND a cooked to order breakfast.
  11. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    :ear:ear
  12. tat2

tat2 where's ya too?

Oddometer:

We'll ain't that a bitch. I was hoping for shuttles so I wouldn't have to worry about a rental car/parking @ track & hotel/gas etc. Hell I'd take local transit if it went there.

Any neighborhoods to avoid? I'm still considering downtown but if I have to drive anyway who knows.
  13. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pardon my French, but that person is an :asshat. Pop over the the regional forums and see if somebody would let you toss your gear in their back yard.
  14. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we were thinking the same thing. However we fly in late Friday night, and leave early Monday morning, so for that reason we decided to stay close to the airport. Should make it a little easier with rental car and getting to the track. We will be at the courtyard Marriott.
  15. pacman1

pacman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Austin has tons of great food, but when visiting from out of town you have to try smoked meats and texmex. Not necessarily at the same time. :-) Also delve into the local craft beer scene. Austin area brewers are making some incredible beer these days.
  16. NMEXPAT

NMEXPAT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my tickets this past weekend. I went for the GA tickets but most importantly I also got motorcycle parking passes!

Now I just need to find a place to stay for my father and I. I know for sure we are not staying in Austin. I'm looking for a place outside of town, where we can have fun riding back and forth to the track.

Can't wait!:freaky
  17. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    BBQ. Shiner Bock beer. Tex Mex.
  18. Zeekster

Zeekster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I e-mailed the track thru their web-site around the first of the year to see if they would have camping available,ya know like 98% of the tracks in the world...still waiting for an answer! I've camped at Indy since day 1 of GP but truthfully I really don't care for the track lay-out. Pr:evil:eek1:lol3:huhobably watch it on the iMac and camp out at laguna...
  19. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are any of u inmates offering tent camping in ur backyards? property?..............free camping? I can supply alot of booze and rib-eyes..........let me know.........:freaky
  20. Nitzo

Nitzo Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump: