Twin Cities Area Campfire BS Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Daggy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:

You going to the game?

I hear you can bring in your own booze? Is it true? $10 for a 24 oz beer is a bit much. I went to one last year (on the motorbike) and found a hole in the underground ramp to park at for $5 bucks on the SE side of the stadium.

EDIT: I just looked myself...

Entry Guidelines
    Bags/Backpacks/Coolers
    Soft-sided containers and bags 16" by 16" by 8" or smaller are permitted into Target Field. The Minnesota Twins reserve the right to inspect and remove any package or container or their contents. Coolers and bags of any size with hard sides are not allowed in the ballpark.
    Beverages
    Sealed, bottled water 32 oz. or less and soft-sided single juice or milk containers are the only outside beverages permitted into Target Field. Flavored water, performance beverages (Gatorade, Powerade, etc) are NOT permitted into Target Field. Guests may bring liquids required for legitimate medical purposes into Target Field.
    Food
    The Minnesota Twins permit guests to bring food into Target Field as long as items are consumed in the general seating areas. Outside food cannot be brought into any restaurant, club lounge or suite. Food containers must be soft-sided and fit under a guest's seat. Food that could be thrown as a projectile should be sliced or sectioned (i.e. apples). Additionally, any food purchased from the concession areas on Target Plaza is allowed into Target Field.
    Prohibited Items
    For the general safety of all guests the following items are not allowed into Target Field: ball retrievers, balloons, bats, beach balls, boom boxes, brooms, fireworks, flasks, footballs, Frisbees, hard sided coolers, laser pointers, lawn chairs, noise-making devices, weapons, wooden sticks, or rods. Small whiskbrooms and small souvenir bats are permitted.

Nope, no booze. :cry Damn, it's just like the airport!
  2. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Annual tradition for the GF and her work peeps.

Thinking a nice lunch of pho and gin before hand. Almost above freezing here in the city. Not sure where the seats are, but if it is windy, it will be cold.
  3. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on riding on Thursday and Friday if the a.m. temps are at/above freezing.
    Really don't want any icy surprises to take me out of the game for the summer.

Driving in to work this morning and you can sense that most motorists are NOT in the "motorcycles are out and on the road" mode as they were driving like crap... per usual.

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  4. Nick MN

Nick MN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a few close calls Saturday. Idiots either don't care or didn't care to look but they were in the right lane parallel with me and wanted to get into the left lane where I was. Ended up with the bike @10k RPMs 30 yards ahead of them really quick before I got ran off the road.
  5. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    They never really are, but they are even worse at the moment.
  6. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Watch for their blind spot, look at their door mirror, if you can't see the dudes eyes, they sure as shit can't see you. In any case, do yer best never to be alongside another vehicle for very long, which is obviously difficult at times, but I basically make a point of never hanging out next to another vehicle. Pass or drop back or something - as you have seen they inevitably drift over. If yer following someone else, let them get clear so that you can pass quickly rather than hang out alongside. This is especially important for passing semis. Don't start passing until you can pass quickly.

Last year at this time, I was tooling along somewhere, passing a guy and he did exactly that - started drifting over. I gave him a parp on the horn, and he swerved so violently (away luckily) that he went off the road into shoulder. He could just as easily have swerved towards me so you have to watch out for that too.

:bluduh

You can't drop yer concentration for an instant.
  7. Nick MN

Nick MN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great pointers!

I usually like going 3-5mph faster then the flow of traffic if there is not a strong presence of police in the area or I just fall back with a nice 3sec. space cushion.

I need to learn to use that horn to my advantage, never seem to remember it as a preventive measure just reactive if I even have the chance to use the horn in a reactive situation. Hand signals seem to work faster and more instinctively after getting out of hells way.

Things to learn this weekend in class and from everyone on here!
    Thanks again for the life saving tips!!!
  8. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've found that the best hand gesture to use is a friendly wave of the hand to let someone by. Middle finger isn't a good idea unless saying "hello" to you guys. I have at times pointed to my eyes when a driver knows they got caught looking at their phone.

Scott in Shoreview
    '79 Suzuki GS550
  9. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Yeah yer best off taking the "high road". Tough to do, very often. Last year while queued in traffic I asked a guy in a car to put his phone away (he was texting, not yacking on it). He started swearing at me and threatened to run me off the road.

Real nice.

I wanted to :fyyff but decided just to bugger off and get on with my day.

We all have stories like this, unfortunately, and usually quite a few stories each.

:bluduh
  10. Nick MN

Nick MN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I usually preferre questionable or confrontational people to present their case on the right side of me, with my belt line showing preferably. They tend to not be so confrontational anymore... :rofl
  11. SSG B

SSG B Rounds complete

Oddometer:
    Skin that smoke wagon!
  12. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    That's a good movie.
  13. SSG B

SSG B Rounds complete

Oddometer:
    You gonna do something about it, or stand there and bleed?

It is a damn fine movie
  14. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    It is indeed. It's right up there with Silverado and Unforgiven as good westerns.

Plus it has Dana Delaney in it. :raabia
  15. redkerk84

redkerk84 ninja turtle wannabe

Oddometer:
    Yes! Western movie talk is my fave.
    Some recently made good ones are Appaloosa, Seraphim Falls, The Proposition, Red Hill, and Django Unchained was great.
    And I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed Cowboys and Aliens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  16. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm

I haven't seen any of those. I will add them to the movie list. Are any on Netflix? I know that Djangology one is a new one.

Oh wait - I did see Apaloosa, that was a good one.

I'm not a fan of Krevin Kostner, but I enjoyed that "Open Range". Not as good as Silverado though, but quite good. Kostner didn't have to say much in it, which really helped.
  17. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I thought Cowboys and Aliens was very entertaining. Not much of a western, but very entertaining. Plus, that one chick is a babe.
  18. redkerk84

redkerk84 ninja turtle wannabe

Oddometer:
    Red Hill is the only movie that is instant streaming. The rest you would have to get via old fashioned snail mail Netflix.

I really liked Open Range, but agree that it was helped because Kevin Costner was limited by how much "Costner" he could infuse into the movie.

I wish the movie industry would do more westerns; there are many good "western" books that could make great movies.
  19. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I watched "Pale Rider" recently. That movie is kickass. So is "Shane".

"The Outlaw Josey Wales" doesn't get old either. Class movies all of them.
  20. Spikehead

Spikehead Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    I like them both, but Pale Rider "borrows" a bit too much from Shane IMO. Since we're talking westerns, any conversation has gotta include The Wild Bunch, High Noon and The Searchers. True Grit (new and old), The Magnificent Seven and The Seven Samurai are right up there too. And, for a change of pace I'll throw in Little Big Man and Blazing Saddles.

I love Westerns.

On a related note, whenever possible I try to make it home or to the shop in time to see the back to back episodes of The Rifleman on MeTV. (5:00-6:00) The 5:30 episode tonight was written and directed by a guy named Peckinpah.

God I love westerns.