Whats your favourite aftermarket seat?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Retics, Mar 15, 2013.

1. sdpc2

sdpc2 Just another Rally Rat

Oddometer:
    Just to be clear, the OP did say 1150 adventure. I presume with the one piece seat

I had a auto seat shop recover my low OEM seat with a heavy duty vinyl used for snowmobiles. It was perfect for me. Three days later I took that bike on a 13 day; 4000 mile trip
  2. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Pretty much ANYTHING EXCEPT my Corbin...I hate that seat.
  3. WOLVERINE

WOLVERINE Keep her pinned!

Oddometer:
    That's how I ran my ADV seat for almost 50,000km without issue. Don't like it any other configuration and I suspect the Sargent will be put on in the same position.
  4. Izzy3

Izzy3 Freak of Unnature

Oddometer:
    +2. Otherwise the seat would slide me forward, hence the aftermarket seat when the saddle rash from sitting on both the seat and pillion finally got the best of me.
  5. '05Train

'05Train Mind is not for rent

Oddometer:
    Had a Corbin on my Ultra Limited and loved it. Rode 20 hours straight with no butt burn.

Had a Sargent on my RT. Better than the stock seat, but nothing special.

Have a Touratech/Kahedo "High" seat on the Adventure. Other than a custom seat, it was the only thing I could find that wouldn't lower me. It's not a huge touring seat like the Russell (which I think looks ridiculous on an Adventure, sorry guys), but it's very comfortable. I've Iron Butted twice on it, and I'll do it again when I go out west this summer.

[​IMG]
  6. beechhunter

beechhunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried the Corbin for about 10k miles, no dice. Forked over the cash for a Russell and haven't looked back. As far as price, I think the Corbin and Russell are very close. Go with the Russell.
  7. hyena

hyena Long timer

Oddometer:
    To the OP

If somebody mentioned this, I missed it. Buy your Sargent seat from the factory and you get a 30 day money back guarantee. How can you go wrong?

I borrowed a Sargent, and it just didn't work for me. Wish it would have. I spent the big bucks for F & R RDL's, and love them. My only regret is not buying them sooner. Girlfriend agrees. But they're not for everybody.
  8. navsnipe

navsnipe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered on Saturday 3/16 and my second confirmation email on Monday had regular price and a free hat/cap. I have no idea what deals others were getting, it was a little disappointing but they emailed today with shipment info that the seat is on it's way.
  9. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    They do 20% off during bike week.
  10. navsnipe

Oddometer:
    It looks like I missed the deal by a day (3/11 to 3/15). If this seat is as good the Sargent I had on my Ducati ST2 I'll be very happy and the missed savings will be forgotten.
  11. WOLVERINE

Oddometer:
    I got the same email with the free hat. I could have sworn on the website they said all orders up til 03/17 would receive the bike week deals. I put mine in then as well but no luck. My seat hasn't shipped yet though so I don't have the second email confirmation...
  12. freyke

freyke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've only had one aftermarket seat on my 2011 GS - a Sargent low with a Alaska Leather sheepskin on top. This is an awsome combination and works well for me :)
  13. pauljr

pauljr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got a Sargent and don't rally care for it. Has anyone tried the Seat Concepts foam for a 12GS?
  14. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I'd give them a call. I know when I ordered mine last year during bike week, I called in and they told me the order would go in as full price, but would be adjusted before they charged my CC.
  15. navsnipe

Oddometer:
    I called Sargent earlier today and they told me that the bike week special was from 3/11 to 3/15. I could have sworn I saw something on their website as well about 3/11 to 3/17 for web orders during bike week. They said they would check into it and get back to me.

The discount they said they were offering for bike week was in the range of 10-12%.
  16. navsnipe

Oddometer:
    Wolverine, You weren't crazy. If you goto their website and put something in the shopping cart and view it at the bottom of the page it says...

BIKE WEEK OPEN HOUSE - Mar 9-17 - All web orders placed on these dates will receive special event pricing!

Look for your second confirmation email with discounts applied. Remember to check order details for accuracy.

I just spoke with Bob at Sargent and they applied the discount. He said there was a typo on their site on what the dates were supposed to be.
  17. WOLVERINE

Oddometer:
    I knew I saw it somewhere...
    So, did he mean the it should have been the 17th or the 15th?
    I don't imagine he said he would honor other orders for the 16th and 17th, did he, or did it not come up?
    Would be nice to get something...
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I have. Great seat for comfort, but too tall for me. I sold mine.

Jim :brow
  19. navsnipe

Oddometer:
    Sounds like they are honoring orders up to and including the 17th. Give them a call, that's what I did. Since my order was already shipped they credited my credit card. As others have already said here they have great customer service.
  20. Retics

Retics n00b

Oddometer:
    Any problems with the leather?