* * d i n o s a u r - r u n - 2 0 1 4 * *

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ricker

ricker booger eatin' moron

Oddometer:
    Just got outta workin'. IN!
  2. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    Oh, so NOW you decide to tell me.
    I seem to remember something about "Hey Uli, I think if you go up to the left side of that torn up hill you might just make it". (Of course, followed shortly after by my cussing about having to hand dig the SE out of the impenetrable sand)
    BUT, we do thank you for being a good sport and taking a stab at going up the right side - with a broken leg. Nice try!

Anyway, congrats on getting de-titaniumed early and getting all healed up in time to provide us with lots of entertainment once again.

[​IMG]
  3. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    I kept saying WTF is he doing? Then I remember pushing that beast ACROSS the hill to where it was supposed to be. :rofl

Looking forward to riding with you again and of course drinking:freaky

A stability ball will strengthen that ankle right up.....or break the crap outta it again.:eek1
  4. Motorberus

Motorberus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I scheduled Thursday through Monday off so should have plenty of time. I haven't decided if I will be riding the TTR250 or the TE511 yet. I'm leaning towards the TTR because it has way more storage capacity, better fuel range, and the TE would probably be overkill for this ride. Getting excited already!
  5. Motorberus

Oddometer:
    it gets over 125 miles on a tank and I'll have a gallon or more extra. My husky only gets 35 mpg so I'm lucky to get 110 including the extra 4.5 liters from the nomad tank. I was really just comparing those two bikes and saying that the TTR does much better than the Husky :)
  6. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    125 miles won't be enough unless someone's hauling fuel to the campsites for you. Just if you didn't know.
  7. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    For the Fri-Saturday leg of Maybell to Jensen Utah I say plan on 180 miles. Sunday, it will depend on your plans after you exit the bench road, west to Rangely, south to Meeker, east to Craig or Geeks route ??????:lol3 But 180 should be good.
  8. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    I am dealing with the same thing. My kid wants to go this year. He has a stock tank on his WR 450 and gets about 30mpg. I have two Kolpin tanks I will carry on my DR, but I may be stashing a can at Lodore the day before. Advantage to that is there will be cheap beer and ice there also!
  9. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    My carb parts are here so I'm going to put my bike together and if it works count me in on a 1987 XT600, 4 gallon tank.
  10. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    From the Park's Facebook Page--Harpers Corner road is opening!!
    [​IMG]

And the bench is looking pretty good..
    [​IMG]
  11. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    One way or the other my son is going this year. He will have graduated and it is a good dad/son trip. So if I have to stash gas every 90 miles, so be it!! Advantage of living over here!:lol3:lol3
  12. The Rizz

The Rizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tentatively in. Been wanting to join you guys on this one for years.
  13. shiryas

shiryas Dragon with matches

Oddometer:
    IN

Glad I rechecked the thread for the date change.

Cheers, Chris
  14. Wudscrasher

Wudscrasher Stand-Up Philosopher

Oddometer:
    Last year, I filled up in Craig, tempted fate by NOT filling up in Maybell, and coasted the last 1000' into Jensen with probably 1/2 gallon in the right side of the tank (another 30 miles worth!) If I filled up in Maybell, I'd probably have a gallon or more to spare. Bidder with the best offer gets my siphon :deal
  15. Motorberus

Oddometer:
    I have a large rack from cycleracks on my TTR that should hold all my camping gear. I am getting THIS to attach two 1.75 gal rotopax tanks for fuel and water. Should work out nicely and give me 200+ mile range
  16. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I have space in my fuel tanks for 13 gallons.
    Like I've said in past years.. if anyone needs me to carry fuel for them, no problem.
    Gas is $5/gallon + $100 delivery fee.

If you run out about here..
    [​IMG]

...or here
    [​IMG]

I might also request a foot massage :rofl

:freaky
  17. picard

picard engage!

Oddometer:
    In - pro-leisure, extra-slow giant bike two-up team please.
  18. jjmead1

jjmead1 now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer:
    An option that worked for me was

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/w...reatment-and-hydration/dromedary-bags/product

Certainly not certified but it carries gas fine, no leaks, no punctures, and gets real small when empty. IT DOES LEAK VAPOR SO PACK IT OUTSIDE YOUR NORMAL GEAR.

Probaly a real good idea to never use it for water afterwards either :lol3

I freaked out about gas last year. It was never really a big deal. But I also get 65MPG, to bad the tank is 2.4 gallons:cry.

That bag certainly helped me ride easy.
  19. mechanical

mechanical Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Ride for a few hours, use it, then roll it up. Ours has never leaked.
  20. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    I have some 2 L 40% hydrogen peroxide chemical bottles. They are expansive bottles. They work great and collapse down to just about nothing, but will expand to 2.25L. Extra heavy duty. One advantage to teaching chem! I think the 2.6 gallon tank on the kids WR, plus my two kolpins. We should be good(my 5 gallons on the DR is plenty for me). We will do some rides before to test his mileage. But those are my backups just in case. I do think with us moving back a week, I may take the pickup out and leave it at Lodore with beer the day before. :freakyI will put some extra fuel in it just in case. Maybe I will just put my camping gear in it also so I can have more fun on the ridge road...:clapHad a nice ride after practice today. Snow is all but gone. Hopefully 2 more weekends of basketball, we won our districts so we host the rounds of 32 and 16. Then hopefully off to the AFA for state championships! Then lots of riding!