Let's see your Trooper shots.

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by G.Gordon, Mar 29, 2009.

1. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    That cop on 62 got several of my friends. He just sits up on the hill at Turpentine Creek and shoots radar and watches for double yellow crossings. One guy I know got it for 95 in a 55 right there, while he had him pulled over another bike came through going hell bent and he called that one in and they got him in ES. Dicks! I mean go arrest a meth dealer instead!
  2. Advntr

Advntr Answering the call of the wild

Oddometer:
    G Gordon that is an excellent picture!!!
    Thanks for the smiles from all of you who got to meet Mr Policeman. I am a professional speeder so it's very rare that I get stopped.
    Having a good radar detector is key to avoiding conversations on the side of the road.
    Ride safe ride fast
  3. beerme

beerme Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I'm toodling along in the Charger, it's a bright sunny day, a bit breezy & cool, and my a-hole boss wasn't working, I was daydreaming of how we're gonna set up the new house... life was goooood.

I look up ahead & see 2 oncoming motorcycles on the eastbound side. It dawns on me... "Holy shiite, those guys are FLYIN!!!!" I couldn't get 'em on radar because of the guardrails, and bein' as they were skinny little KTM's, a radar shot across the 65' median (in a curve no less; right for them, left for me, and an elevation difference no less) would have been highly unlikely. So i flipped a b!tch through the median & put that Hemi to work. Incidentally, this all took place in the 65 zone through Elko.

I caught up to 'em in fairly short order, & concluded that they were rolling at at LEAST 90, based on a loose pace as they passed a bigtruck. I didn't want to hit the instant-on yet, saving it for the moment when they were in the clear & I could get a good same-direction read on 'em. When I got close enough and there was nothing else around, I got a good shot on the rear one. They breached the ton a couple times, but ever so briefly. I locked the rear one at 97 & lit 'em up. I kinda got disappointed when there were no brake lights upon the I/O activation... cheap bastards weren't running detectors. On top of that, there were no ADV stickers on these otherwise highly farkeled KTMsickles. And even on top of that, both bikes were from BC. Friggin Canadians!

I got 'em both stopped & casually mentioned the speed thing. "More importantly, there are no ADV stickers on either of these KTM's, and I do believe that's a violation of state law." The confused looks on their faces was hugely disappointing. I was expecting a big guffaw, but all i got was blank stares. I tried to clarify... "You know... advrider dot com?"

"Oh yeah, i've seen that before... jo momma, yuk yuk".

What a wasted effort on my part. I did get a new picture to add to the collection. I tried like hell to get 'em to render a salute, but they wouldn't do it. Now that i think about it, that should have resulted in a little stick-time, but i just let 'em off with a handshake.

[​IMG]
  4. Mr. Disaster

Mr. Disaster Professional Gypsy

Oddometer:
    He said I was going 75. I say his radar gun was broken, I was going faster.

[​IMG]
  5. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    shud've throwed the book at em....maybe they'd learn! :D
  6. RipperFox

RipperFox ExplosiveOrdnanceDisposal

Oddometer:
    Two old guys in the pic remind me of a joke.

Trooper pulls over these two little old ladies for doing 20 in a 65.
    He says "maam, why you driving so slow". Bluehair #1 says,"Just doing the speed limit sonny".
    Trooper says " Limit is 65 maam."
    Bluehair says "Sign says 20 sonny"
    Trooper, "That means it is Hwy 20"
    Bluehair says "oohhh", she points over to Bluehair #2, who is shaking uncontrolably and covered in piss, "Edith is doing much better now, since we got off 169"

[​IMG]
  7. johngs

johngs wanna b adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

super nice guy, as you can see, i was already having a bad day and he didnt make it worse by giving me a ticket for speeding, he just gave me a warning. Thanks Officer Burch.....
  8. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    ^LMAO! Thats funny!:lol3 I'm sure you were muddier than the bike too,
  9. Bok Befok

Bok Befok Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  10. G.Gordon

G.Gordon Nation of Frustration

Oddometer:
    I've found the best defence for a speeding ticket is a GPS zoomed in so you can see every dirt road, side road, etc. If I see em turning around or starting out I throttle down and try to buy me some distance so I can turn off. Slip up the next dirt road, kill the bike, sit for a spell. I usually get off and tinker with something so "IF" he finds me it don't look to obvious. It's worked two times so far.
  11. Bok Befok

Bok Befok Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Tried that once before and worked for me.
  12. Elvis70

Elvis70 No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer:
    Just mention you fly an EMS helicopter. Works for me.

So would any other EMS/fire occupation. Lie, lie, lie. Police tend to include EMS\fire as being on the other side of the blue wall of silence.

They know if they get shot, or run over they depend on me to come get them.
  13. wolfy317

wolfy317 BMW ADDICT

Oddometer:
    Don't tell em you work for 911. They seem to frown on that round these parts. Apparently telling them what to do and where to go everyday gets on their nerves :lol3
  14. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    obey the law and that way, you don't hafta lie to em ever.. :D
  15. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    I carry a badge and I try to be good, but speed is my one travesty:wink: I do not demand "professional courtesy" nor do I ask for it. But I do carry my DL in my badge case so it can be observed when I remove my DL. I have only had one ticket in the last 10 years and that was in Houston. The officer was not paying attention when I handed him my lic. After he wrote the ticket, he asked what I did. I told him and he said he wish he would have known he would not have given me the ticket:lol3
  16. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

13 miles south of Alamogordo, NM. US Border Patrol.
  17. Pr0xy

Pr0xy Shreddin' the gnar

Oddometer:
    Had a run-in with a trooper last night, but didn't find asking for a picture appropriate given the seriousness of the situation.

Apparently, the plates on my truck aren't mine, and judging by the questions I received, whoever is tied to them is of some interest to the law.

We bought the truck 2 years ago and got the new plates mailed to us from the dealership, but we now know that they weren't the correct plates. We're going through all the hoopla now to get it sorted out.
  18. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Now how cool is that??!! Even our US Border Patrol guys are human too! God Bless em!
  19. tehsKater86

tehsKater86 Godspeed

Oddometer:
    Shit, man, that sucks! Good luck to you.
  20. Elvis70

Elvis70 No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer:
    I know if a picture like that got back to the Captain with me doing that in my Navy uniform I would of stood before the man. And rightfully so.

At least they aren't like those cops I saw on CNN yesterday. Serving a search warrant and the home owner has them on video playing his Nintendo Wii and acting like idiots.

I thought about being a cop. But decided to finish high school instead.