S.W. Florida rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    you can get through but its still gated off. on a bike you can just go around the gate tho. ran into 2 v-stroms and a klr riding together out there. i told them it was gated but that they could go around. i guess they did cause a couple hours later i passed them on 29 on my way towards immokolee.
  2. rippinitup

rippinitup Suzi KLRista

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice ride.. how long were you out?
  3. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    a few hours worth of riding then met Ashley and Parker at Rob's house (Bucket Ranch) for some beers and ribs. left at like 10 am and got home around 9.

here's a track of the trails i hit on Sabal Palm. it might show up goofy on here not sure.... i use my android phone to tether and i'm not sure if it just puts the map up on here weird or if it's for everyone. let me know if you can see the track.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...29049235105849.000495061f8715a24d1fb&t=h&z=14

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=105336229049235105849.000495061f8715a24d1fb&amp;t=h&amp;ll=26.08113,-81.603864&amp;spn=0.027101,0.065607&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=105336229049235105849.000495061f8715a24d1fb&amp;t=h&amp;ll=26.08113,-81.603864&amp;spn=0.027101,0.065607&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Sabal Palm</a> in a larger map</small>

oh yeah.... i'm thinking about taking the Jeep out to Sabal Palm today to do some more exploring out there. i hurt my back and not sure if i could pick the bike back up if i dropped it. i might not be able to wench the Jeep out either tho if i got stuck.....
  4. yermaun

yermaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode my KLR out through the trails from Sabal Palm road through to the Blocks & back last friday & got about 28 miles of 2 track enjoyable fairly easy terrain, all dry & easy to follow however I dont think I would have had as much fun on the GS in the sugar sand. I found the trails posted by Dualsport dad & some others, I will be going back again to see if I can find any of the old single track stuff we used to ride in the blocks before they shut it down to off road vehicles. On the way back north to Cape Coral I took 951 to Immokalee rd & continued off road to Bonita Beach road & hit some decent single track. Unfortunatley the watershead area has been completly closed & the fun police are enforcing no tresspassing rules. Still good fun riding.
  5. LILBIT

LILBIT Ride you must.

Oddometer:
    I grew up right off of B. Beach rd. When i made my 20year visit the route from B.Beach south looked blocked. Good to know there are ways around.
  6. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    there is a way to get from immokolee rd to bb rd?
  7. yermaun

yermaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From 951 north to Immokalee rd 951 turns to dirt & has several trails leading to B Beach rd. Trails let out east of the watershed area.
  8. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    cool i'll have to check that out on the map. i remember trying go that way a couple years ago but could find a way.
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hooters by the mall tonight? Should be a decent turn out.
  10. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to do anything this week?
  11. ToddFtMyers

ToddFtMyers n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks dual sport dad for getting me to this site. I dont know anyone here with a dual sport bike so if anyone knows some good places to ride (like the pictures posted on this page) I would really like to go.
  12. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    no problem, glad to help. i have some stuff to do to my bike this weekend but i might go riding sunday. i have my son from 9-3 on saturday and not sure how much i'll feel like working on the bike after he leaves.

when ever i ride it's usually last min but if i have the bike ready and plan to ride sunday i'll post it up on here. where abouts do you live? how much experience do you have riding sand? there's some decent spots around here to ride sand but they are really deep sugar sand right now.

the area i was riding in the pics on the previous page was Picuynne strand forest. i know i spelled that wrong but it's enough info to get you started.
  13. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ashley just backed out of letting me see Parker today. Im pretty upset so I think I'm just going to change the oil in the biker and take a nicer long ride
  14. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding tomorrow....meet up st waffle house on daniels and 75 at 8-9 eat and then head to the rotenburger area and then decide lunch from there.

Who's in?
  15. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool pics Alex, sold the KTM a few weeks ago and looking at these have me wanting another DS.....
  17. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    glad you sold it... that was a nice bike. i have been wanting to make more farther away trips now that i have nothing to do on the weekends. i sit around the house all day and night alone and it's starting to get to me big time. i've been looking at v-stroms.

think you'll get another dualsport?
  18. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I probably won't get one for a while, I just don't have time to justify it between family, work and other interests......

Sorry to hear about the family issues, that would be really hard to deal with.
  19. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    when/if you do you let me know :ricky

thanks... yeah it is the worst thing ever, esp since things never got bad enough to tear a family apart. it's been a month and a half and i have only had one 3 hour visit that i had to pay over $500 to get cause i had to get it court ordered.

i have now not only missed all this time with him but also his first thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years.
  20. yermaun

yermaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to ride my KLR through to the squares either sataurdy or sunday depending on honeydoos leaving from Cape Coral early AM. would be glad to have some dual sport company.