Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doohan rides whatever the fuck he wants....:lol3
  2. Bounder

Bounder Typing...

Oddometer:
    Doohan by all accounts doesn't handle the juice too well, certainly a bouncer in the NT of Aus has memories of it back in 2006.
  3. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:

I've got to say, if this happens then MotoGP will have gone completely of the fucking rails.

No offence to Pol, who has done a mighty impressive job in Moto2, but the more logical choice would be Aleix to Tech3 on Smith's bike and Pol to a team with whatever they call the replacement for the CRT's.

But then, what has logic got to do with MotoGP. :rofl:rofl
  4. Dunewar

Dunewar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would make sense if Cal would get Rossi's seat at Yamaha next year. Every week after race weekend, both Lorenzo and Rossi are throwing massive complements Cal's way on Twitter, almost preparing his seat. And when Pol goes to Tech3, maybe it is on a CRT next year...
  5. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    :super If I had the cash and time (and the most awesome fucking garage I've ever seen) I'd have one of EVERYTHING too.

I've been watching MotoGP for many years and have just given up trying to unravel the chess game of who goes where and why. It's like trying to guess which card will come up next from a well-shuffled deck. Some people can do it, apparently, but for a simpleton like me there are just too many variables (and I have a short attention span :lol3). I'm ready for the next race!

BTW, yeah, I agree, it would be nice to see Ben Spies have a good, clean, competitive race. I think he's a better rider than his MotoGP record indicates. Gotta be frustrating, and we all know how hard it is to work through that shite and keep your level of effort up to 100%, especially if you aren't completely healthy.

Doug
  6. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    Spies is/was obviously talented, but if he can't find the mojo this year, it is probably time to call it quits are try another series. I know the issues of shoulders since mine has been cut into twice and I could never roadrace again. But he sort of reminds me of what is happening to Ryuichi Kiyonari in BSB.
    BTW I have never been a huge fan of his personality but of his riding since back in the days of him racing the Aprilia Cup 250's against Hopkins at Pocono.
  7. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought Rossi's deal is 2013 - 2014?
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Is.
  9. Osmin C

Osmin C Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm 99.9999% sure it is.

Cal isnt going to Factory Yamaha, at least not next year. He will either stay with Tech3 another year hoping to be picked up by the factory in 2015, or he may end up at Suzuki whenever they make a return.

My .02
  10. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Who is to say Pol wouldn't be faster on the CRT bike than his brother?
  11. Osmin C

Osmin C Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He may or may not be...but considering he isnt even the fastest guy in Moto2, its unlikely.
  12. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    A lot of people would probably disagree with you on that regardless of the current championship points/race wins this year.
  13. maloosik

maloosik Squishimus Squidimus

Oddometer:
    Or replace Nicky.
  14. Jurassic

Jurassic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be surprised if Cal went anywhere near Ducati now after the way they treated him last year (not to mention the fact that he's been less than complementary about them since then and they don't seem to like criticism in any form).
    Cal's deal with Tech 3 runs out at the end of this year whereas Brad's is for two years. It makes me laugh a bit reading the Smith bashing on here, he is a GP winner and came second overall in 125s. If he hadn't spent a couple of seasons struggling with the hopeless Tech 3 Moto 2 bike and had gone with a competitive Moto 2 team he would probably have been battling with Pol, Marc, Crazy Joe etc (but then he probably wouldn't be riding the M1 now either if he'd done that). Give Smith a little time and I think he'll surprise a few of you. He's no Marquez I'll grant you but he's a decent rider.
  15. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Krop,

What is going on with Romano Fenati in Moto3 this year? He had a race win and some flashes of brilliance last year but this year just doesn't have the pace. He lucked into an 8th place finish at Jerez (attrition) but he was at about a 14th place pace. Is it the bike/team, or just a sophomore slump?

Thanks,
    Brent
  16. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Yeah, I enjoyed watching him last year, and I know he was underfunded then.
  17. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzKTWsoIx18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:augie
  18. JNRobert

JNRobert Breaking Wind

Oddometer:
    For the love of doG, how many times :rolleyes
  19. SocalRob

SocalRob Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    205 times, to be exact.:lol3
  20. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    He is on a Honda and they are struggling in Moto 3 vs. the KTM powered bikes.