Out The Back Door

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by gunnr, Sep 6, 2007.

1. gunnr

gunnr 1957 all stock....

Oddometer:
    Me and the posse took a ride on Sunday over Labor day weekend. My son refers to me and my riding partners as "the posse".......whatever! We rendezvoued at the usual place, took off and headed into the hills. No big plan just get out and ride.

"The Posse" Martin and Gordon
    [​IMG]

Someone got a new KLR! Short story behind this, Martin has a XR650L and was never really to fond of the KLR. Most of the bikes in his stable have always been pure dirt, so that was the comparison. We took off on our big adventure this summer riding down in Oregon on the OBDR. After 1200 miles of squirmming around on the XR seat, he started to rethink this adventure riding and went shopping. What does he buy, I wouldn't have guessed......Anyway he says this way we can swap parts out to keep em running if we have to! The plan is to wait for the 690, must have heard me talk about that!............sorry just giving you a bad time Martin.:D
    [​IMG]

On the 41rd with Bluff Mt in the back looking south.
    [​IMG]

Self portrait
    [​IMG]

Waiting for me and probably talking about things like work.
    [​IMG]

We head towards Lookout Mt. that bump in the back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heading up
    [​IMG]

On top......a beautiful day. All the mountains out in the distance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heading down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hit the 43rd towards Wind River highway.
    [​IMG]

Stopped at Stabler Store for some lunch, not much to pick from.....ended up with a microwave burrito..........not recommended. An ice cream sandwich settled things down some.
    [​IMG]

Headed up to the 64rd and on around Timbered peak. FS had built all these water diversion dams in the road which made for some fun. Klr's seem happier on the ground. Need to work on the suspension. Martin may have been secretly wishing for the CR or at least the XR but seemed happy with his choice for today. Nice to have choices.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wound around onto the 58 and headed south to 57. Very nice day to be out in the mountains. Huckleberries didn't look ready yet. We dropped down to the 54rd, Chelatchie Praire, Yacolt, Sunset Falls and back to the gravel towards home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A very good day about 140 miles for me.
  2. brad21

brad21 We have a pool... and a pond.

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb:thumb
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    that sure looks like a gorgeous KLR posse ride!! wow!! If you fill out your profile, it'll also give us a clue where you're located! Thanks for the superb pics and showing us your awesome ride!! Heck, I'd be happy to doing a ride like this on a bicycle.. just beautiful scenery! :thumb
  4. gunnr

gunnr 1957 all stock....

Oddometer:
    OK, done.........thanks it's nice to have it so close to home.:D
  5. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice!!!
  6. Braapncamp

Braapncamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice ride! scenery and beautiful landscape.