High Tech Fuse Block

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by craftycoder, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Riot

Riot Tiger Rider

Oddometer:
    With the kickstarter project having <10 days to run but needing a further 126 units to be picked up, It really needs a campaign to ensure it survives and thrives.
    It needs to be pitched to every conceivable market corner boating and 4wd included.
    I have put down for one and got it onto a few forums but it now needs to stop development discussion and start marketing effort. I want it to succeed so good luck. :clap
  2. rustbucket

rustbucket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hear hear! Thanks CrazyCoder for taking my comments so kindly. I love what you're doing, man, and I'm pulling for yah. :clap
  3. Riot

Riot Tiger Rider

Oddometer:
    OK guys only 4 days left, lets make it a reality.
  4. ironklad

ironklad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Mike.C

Mike.C Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer:
    Bugger!
  6. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    74 minutes left - 108 backers still required. :cry
  7. ironklad

ironklad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to see you succeed with this project, I continue to remain a backer through whatever means come next.
  8. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, that's a disappointment. Can't imagine how disappointing it must be to Craftycoder not the reach the funding target.
    I was convinced this would be a huge hit, I for one really wanted to get one or two of these.
    Sorry man, but do keep up the good work. It will pay off.

Mikko
  9. Riot

Riot Tiger Rider

Oddometer:
    Man That SUX, now I have to buy IMHO an inferior product like a PDM60 :cry
  10. Texcollect

Texcollect Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I spent a day this weekend wiring up lights, a power relay and a volt meter all the time thinking that this was all in the Motobrain. So where do we go from here ??
  11. Aquafire

Aquafire RMSR

Oddometer:
    I just discovered this project and the "Kickstart" page. I'm disappointed because I really REALLY want this product! Please tell me it's not a dead concept.
  12. EKinOR

EKinOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CraftyCoder, I'm disappointed that the Kickstarter didn't get the funding you needed (though probably not as disappointed as you). Is there any possibility of any production occurring on the MotoBrain? DIY kit? I really want one!
  13. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    +1
  14. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    The idea is not dead. Bootstrapping MotoBrain with Kickstarter was a fine idea but it is not a requirement. I will just need to market it another way. In the mean time, R & D proceeds. I've got a pile of new parts on my desk and first MotoBrain with analog inputs will be built very soon. I'm excited to see how that works. As always, I'll keep y'all posted on the news. Thanks for all the support!
  15. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    We appreciate the update and hope to see the fruit of your labors in 2014!
  16. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey crafty,

I am also interested in this. The hope is not lost, it will just take you more time without the proper funding. I am also looking forward to seeing the results of the R&D, the tests etc .

Dunno if there are sites like these in the US but in the EU there are sites that will let you get whatever money you gathered. May be look into it as well? :ear
  17. moto_dmitriy

moto_dmitriy que?

Oddometer:
    I was just brainstorming on how to make this product MUCH more attractive to potential buyers & I think a 5 volt rail to support charing the myriad of USB powered devices everyone brings would likely convince MANY more people to get in on this. Something that can connect to multiple USB sockets and have enough amps for ipads etc.... or better get a programmable output or 2 similar to this:

http://www.mini-box.com/DCDC-USB-200

or an output for each :evil
  18. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    I actually think that is the best part of Kickstarter. I wouldn't want the money if I didn't have enough. You cannot budget properly without known quantities and the like.

19. klinquist

klinquist übergeek

Oddometer:
    I'd personally like to see the current motobrain being the "motobrain pro" and a less expensive "motobrain lite" be developed. Most of us riders only need 4 outputs... aux lights, gps, usb port, heated gear... and maybe some inputs for simple switches, nothing analog...
  20. rustbucket

rustbucket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd second this. 4 outputs, two inputs, minimal parts count. I'm not saying the 'pro' isn't awesome or that I don't think it's a great product but if you can sell it for half the price and make money, I'd bet on the 'lite' finding way more than twice the buyers. You could also consider add-on modules, tho that might not be worth the trouble or complexity...

The motobrain as it is now is overkill for my needs but I love the concept. I'd buy a 'lite' in a heartbeat.