D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    FOR TUNA.

By Phideaux...

.....PLEASE HEED MY WARNING......DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT get involved with those DOGs guys!:deal They are very dangerous, tell lots of lies and take you to places you don't really want to go. They make you ride thru nasty stuff and get your bike all dirty and they laugh at you if your bike decides to take a nap. :rofl I've even seen a DOG almost in hysterics when a GS ( you do have a GS don't you?) fell asleep in a cold wintertime watercrossing. :jump They go camping sometimes and consume beverages that make them act all wierd and stuff.:dutch somehow their tents move about in the middle of the night and bikes wander off into the woods all by themselves. They do this dirt tracking thing :ricky around the campfire too at some cult hideaway called TWO.:ymca If you happen to wind up at TWO while this nasty crowd is there and you feel you must shower...DO NOT drop the soap. :kat , well at least don't pick it up if you do...there may be a kwer or two hangin around up there:viking ...ya never know. They also take pictures of themseves doing stupid stuff and even post those pictures on the inter-tubes for the 'wrong people' to see....like wives,daughters and girlfriends. They're known for kidnapping some poor girl named Lilo.:dunno Bunch of leg-humpers. They play childish games like tag too. And that Willy-B guy is always doing pop-a-wheelies and stuff. They've been known also to associate with jeep drivers from South Carolina and banjo players from Kentucky, no astronauts yet (but its been close). English teachers...they even allow one of those in their group ! :jjen They've got this one guy that takes your picture and messes it up and stuff and puts your screen name on it for all to see...I tell you there is no honor amoung theives with these guys. Some of them have earrings,:ear some tattoos:pimp . There's a biker-babe:sweeti that hangs out with em over near Suches and she sometimes has to teach 'em a thing or two.:ricky Also I implore you not to eat any food offered by members of this motley crew :puke2 ---Billy's Bar-B-Que or Clayton Clay's Chi-chi chilli or anything prepared in the cave located inside a red barn looking building at 60 and 180. Also...if you buy gas at Suches, well, you might want to keep that to yourself:(: . You also may want to keep it kinda quiet if you ever trailer that GS:krusty ....some DOG's don't like no trailers. If you have a POS helmet to sell, don't you dare try to pawn it off to one of these clowns as a brand new piece of high tech safety gear. Lastly, if you have some real ugly blue shorts---well you probably ought not to wear those around that bunch of hoodlums,:razor and whatever you do don't talk in no foreign accent :stfu or nothin like that.
    You have been warned my friend.:deal ....be very,very careful!!!

BTW----if you're one of those OLD guys :gerg ---don't expect no special consideration, respect or nuthin like that either...DAMHIK!!:dunno
    Buildzall and JaxObsessed like this.
  2. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Good to see you back in good spirits FLux:thumb Think the wee could handle some those rides:ricky We need to get together and ride its been awhile. By the way...thanks for helping out in the charity run:clap
  3. Bearded Hooligan

Bearded Hooligan Moto Addict

Oddometer:
    Good to see you back in good spirits FLux:thumb Think the wee could handle some those rides:ricky We need to get together and ride its been awhile. By the way...thanks for helping out in the charity run:clap
  4. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where's that last pic? Earl's Ford?
  5. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Anytime dude. As Eek! the Cat used to say, "It never hurts to help." Thanks for the warm welcome.
  6. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Actually, that one is Sandy Bottoms I think. We did find Earls Ford, which is a very cool road, but not possible to cross due to the heavy rains we got last week. People have told me it is crossable in the summer, so I will have to check that out. Sandy Bottoms is at the end of Joe Speed Road from my memory. There were MANY forest service roads in the area that were not on my map.
  7. lucky_strike

lucky_strike Long timer

Oddometer:
    it looked like all the "long" service roads were on the other side of the river. i wish that guy in the ranger would have treid to cross it
  8. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you can cross that road, ton of riding up there, I had a lake house on Lake Rabun for about 20 years, I know all that stuff up in there, but from trout fishing, haven't been up there since I started riding again.
  9. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    It was a pretty cool place. I liked that I never really came across any big rocks in the middle of the trails, like I do in the Chattahoochee Forest. You can get some pretty good speeds....just watch out for gravel patches. If GaM says that river can be crossed, than I believe it. Good to know! :thumb
  10. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    I feel sorry for that poor truck's (no doubt) stock suspension. As an ex-Ranger owner, I can say that his truck most've bottomed out more than a couple times the way he was hitting those berms. :eek1
  11. Dags

Dags I'm not British

Oddometer:
    Flux how do I go about Tagging a KTM 525 :rofl
  12. lucky_strike

lucky_strike Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :photog you cunt
  13. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    First of all, you're going to need an erector set...
  14. mel brooks

mel brooks Dirt Chick

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I grew up in that area on the SC side. Fished it a lot.

Be sure to give a post heads up when you guys do that area again, easily within driving distance for me.

Good to see you back Mark! :D
  15. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Good to see you back, Flux. I was just talking with Kuntz the other day about how we need to get back up to Georgia and see some new sights. Yes, Florida riding is paradise, but you need to get out of the sand once and awhile.:D
  16. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Flux, glad to see you around. Check out this video from last weekend. A group of 4 of us ran that route that you led sometime back. I've been having a blast exploring other areas around there.

Anyway, there had been 2 solid days of rain just before the ride and needless to say that 1st major river crossing was deep. I went through first and was expecting it to be deeper, but when my front fender was just about under water, I started to get a little worried. I had my camera on the handle bars on the way across, so it got soaked and didn't work for awhile, but we went back across that evening and I got video that time.

[​IMG]

For comparison to the video, here is a normal height on that stream crossing.
    [​IMG]
  17. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    I've canoed and kayaked the Chatooga many times. There are some great roads around there. Let me know next time you head up there. That should be a blast.
  18. lucky_strike

lucky_strike Long timer

Oddometer:
    were was the invite on that one???
  19. BlueLghtning

Oddometer:
    Are you talking about this ride I just posted pics to?

Sorry about that. I've got to get better at cross posting to other boards, although this one did come together the night before. The group that I ride with is on this forum - http://www.blokessportbike.com/index.php and we have a dirtbike/supermoto forum. The majority of guys on there are in GA around the Atlanta area. We've just had a group of us break off and start getting into the DS bikes and we post up rides and such in that dirtbike forum.
  20. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Nice video, Blue. I love showing people that trail. The looks on their faces is the greatest! Was that Dazed on the yellow DRZ?

One time I rode back from Whissenhunt in the rain. I took that trail, and the entire thing, from 52 back across the creek xing, was like one huge river. There was flowing water everywhere. One reason I like that area so much is that everytime it rains, it chagnes the layout of the ruts. Good stuff. :thumb