Z4 Coupe

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Ken, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only car I've ever had to be towed was a BMW I owned with the 3.0 engine. This reminds me that I better re-up my AAA membership :lol3
  2. Gernick

Gernick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some of the best advice I've ever gotten was....Never own a BMW out of warranty.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just get under there and start pushing/pulling on things (off a jack). I suspect it'll be swaybar end links. If it's not them, put a jack under one control arm and start pushing/pulling the wheel, looking for any loose joints. Then, switch sides. If you just jack up the car and leave the suspension drooped, many times, it'll put tension on the suspension, which can hide loose joints. No matter, it's simple to figure out what's making noise.

Meh. There are enough enthusiasts forums around that pretty much everything common is well documented.

I look at car repairs, out of warranty, as an alternative to car payments. I'd much rather shell out for the odd part, here and there, versus making that payment every month. I think what happens, many times with BMWs, is that people who can't afford a new one buy a high-mileage used one. Then, they just want to drive it, without maintenance. Furthermore, they probably have it financed, so they have a car payment with the repairs.
  4. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks and I agree. Mine still has a warranty until Dec however which makes me happy, if there are any large problems, but I will hopefully keep this car for a long time.
  5. slideways

slideways EspaƱa

Oddometer:
    I have had mine for 3 years and have had zero problems. I take it to the local dealer for routine maintenance and they treat me great. They always have a loaner for me to drive and detail the car for me every time. I would not hesitate to buy another BMW.
  6. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like BMW's. It's my 3rd and my third 3.0 engine but it's my first manual and this one sounds much better :clap
  7. RTLover

RTLover Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, do drive the shit out of it! That's why they exist. I got the '07 roadster cuz I like rolling along at speed with the top down and 10 speakers going flat out. You'll never get tired of it and IMO, the 3.0 will give you as much as you need. :thumb
  8. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree on the 3.0 and it's more than I need to get in trouble. This is the most fun car I've ever had. Makes me smile whenever I'm in it, see it, or think about it :lol3
  9. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I knew it.

Comfy too, right?
  10. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is comfy and I'm 6'3". Fits like a glove.
  11. RTLover

RTLover Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's okay to get taller, but not wider. Don't ya just love those M seats? The M steering wheel is a perfect fit, too. On a Z4 forum there are repeated pleas for them. Poor buggers seem to have thought the stock seats were okay. I can see myself keeping mine 4ever. I'm putting it in my will. :D
  12. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do love them and the stock seats were a deal killer for me when I was shopping. It's not a fat man's car for sure :lol3
  13. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'3" and range between 205-215 lbs. The lower number works great, the higher number is still good, but I wouldn't want to be much higher.:lol3
  14. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even though the M seats were only a $500 option on the car new it seems like you can buy a used one for 2k less with the stock seats.
  15. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just hand washing the car for the first time. It has a lot of curves and I really like them :clap:rayof:rayof:wings
  16. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I also got pulled over going 105 coming home from work. He came up to the car and says "we have a multitude of problems going on here". I told him I don't normally drive like that but just got the car and it's a blast to drive and I was just seeing what it would do. The officer let me go :lol3
  17. RTLover

RTLover Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another egregious example of police mis-conduct. You should have demanded that he cite you. That would teach him not to use discretion! :D
  18. Adam E

Adam E OK

Oddometer:
    Fixed?
    :augie
  19. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was in the Anchorage Ducati dealer and was accused of molesting a 999. I was only caressing the curves of its fuel tank. :lol3
  20. duck851

duck851 Been here awhile

Oddometer: