To Think I Rode North To Escape The Heat

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Alcan Rider, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil

Oddometer:
    Yesterday morning, between Whitehorse and Haines Junction around 3:00 AM, it was 35°F and I doubted that I would ever be warm again. But Mother Nature has ensured that that little problem has been taken care of -
    [​IMG]

Regardless of the temperature, it's good to be back home. Too much traffic in the Southeast U. S. :ddog Getting tied up for three hours in the going home "rush hour(s)" traffic around Miami convinced me that there is nothing I need bad enough to ever return to that area. From now on, my riding will probably only be as far east as I-25 in the South 48, and purely Alaska/Yukon riding is looking more and more attractive. :nod
  2. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    A cool, pleasant 65 degrees, light breeze here in Homer.
  3. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    Yeah, what he said. Come on down and work on your tan.
    Might just be the best spring ever here in SouthCentral-- no need to go anywhere else (altho' the peninsula's RV traffic may make you long for Miami again)
  4. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    As I was heading home from Chicken this morning, riding past Slana, I considered taking a slight detour to go visit AlcanRider's home to give his KLR a big hug. I thought the KLR might be getting lonely due to Jack's absence and could use some personal attention. But..... I was "in the zone," :ricky enjoying the sunshine, stunning scenery and lack of traffic on the long highway and I didn't feel like stopping.

If I had known Jack was home, I would have been tempted to take a quick break and ask for something cold to drink. And then I could have hugged both of his bikes for good luck!
  5. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil

Oddometer:
    Whew! :knary Lucked out again, I did. :nod
  6. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear ya on the Miami traffic...........however, after spending a few days in rush hour traffic, hell, all day long traffic, in Quito and Quevedo Ecuador I most likely will never bitch about Miami traffic again!!!

Them peeps down there are crazy......and the constant 'beep beep' of the Japanese car horns is extremely annoying!!! Lane splitting is tolerated, so you can get by them, of course you take your life in your own hands!!!

Glad you make it back to the northland safe and sound. Maybe in a year a two I will get to pay you a visit again!!! Was good visiting and riding with you, I thought you did good with the heat and the traffic!!!!
  7. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    :ddog Has anybody called you a poophead lately? :fitz

And to think that just a week or so ago Loquita mentioned how much she missed you and REALLY wants to ride with you again, IF your bikes are up to being around her mesmerizing persona.

:rofl
  8. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Couldn't agree any better with traffic.
    Riding in Wa and Cali sucks in the city and during rush hours. I'm glad to be back in Canada
  9. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, jack, out on an adventure, not home yet but soon. Oy vay, the messes I get myself into sometimes!!!!! I have soompics but they are on my crappy iphone and I am not sure how to .......arghhh.

Ttyl
  10. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hard to believe you Alaskan's are complaining about the warm weather, when last time I checked you were bitching about how cold and snowy it was. And besides, those temps. are not Hot. We in Texas know HOT. One reason you see so many up there this time of year with TX plates.

Before you know it, I will read reports of how nasty the winter is up there and I will be riding in great winter temp. It all evens out. It may be short season in AK but it sure makes up for it when you can ride. Truly no more beautiful place to ride on this planet. Enjoy your summer, it will be over too soon.