theICEdevice.com In Case of Emergency info carriers are now available $15 / 5 units

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by treemuncher, Feb 17, 2012.

1. txwanderer

txwanderer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FINALLY!!

Some one came up with something easy to see and know what it is, and here is the biggie, It will get used.

I hear of folks using the thumb drive devices, and although they may be fantastic and full of information, they don't get used. Actually around these parts, you better not plug an unknown drive in to a company or hopital computer. Too many out there with trojans and virus', even if it is a lagit device. No one will risk their system to an unknown, they have too much to lose.
  2. treemuncher

treemuncher Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your positive comments. Sometimes, in today's high tech society, we need to re-think the approach and keep it as basic and simple as possible.

Simplicity, dependability and keeping it cheap were my primary objectives when I set out to build a better product than what I could find available. Update-able was an added benefit. Who wants to pay $20 for 1 piece that is permanently written when you can get 5 for $15 and be able to use them over and over?
  3. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    Great thing to suggest for people in group rides..... one might know his buddies name, but does he know about his meds, allergies, emergency contact info, etc. It would be handy if someone had an issue. :deal
  4. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly, I belong to an MC and while I know the guys (and girls) well enough.....I sure as hell wouldnt know how to get ahold of their family or what family to contact.

We ordered dog tags as a group with basic info and contact numbers on them.....but I wasnt so sure they would go noticed. Granted, since we all have them we would know to tell EMS to look but I still wanted a bit more.

So me and my GF ordered these things......definitely couldnt hurt.

Also while I take no meds, have no alergies and have no pertinent medical info.....shes has ALOT. The dog tags wouldnt help much in that regard but the ICE device does.....love them little things.
  5. treemuncher

Oddometer:
    Riding season is starting up again. Time to evaluate your emergency contacts and plan your safety protocols.

I have added reflective stickers in the standard 1"x1" size and in the 2"x2" size to the product line up. These reflective stickers are made from a high quality, long life material for years of use.

[​IMG]

http://www.aerostich.com/ and http://www.sporttouringgear.com/ are now selling my product as well. Check out their catalogs for details.

Additional mounting idea for theICEdevice - attach to the strap where the D-rings are looped through to keep it in an easy to see location. One of my fellow ADV riders suggested this and it's a great, conspicuous location for the ICE data.

[​IMG]

Now, let's get out there and ride as temps warm up. Everyone ride safe but be prepared for the worst with your ICE information close at hand. Whether you use my product or someone else's, let your riding buddies know where to find your info fast in case the worst does happen. Don't look back after the fact and say, "coulda, shoulda, woulda..." when it's too late to help.

[​IMG]
  6. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered. Thanks!
  7. treemuncher

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your order. It was shipped out today so you should have it by mid-week. Ride SAFE!
  8. treemuncher

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875597

I will be hosting FerrySTOC again this year for the 4th year in a row. FREE CAMPING at the state park's tent area provided by the Paris Landing Tourism League. We don't care what your ride, just as long as you are friendly and decent to fellow riders.

Planned group rides will be sport touring themed. There is plenty of gravel to be explored in the Land Between The Lakes and surrounding counties for the ADV-tour and DS riders.

Please post on the top thread link if you plan to attend so that I can get a preliminary head count. The main event page is at http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?123002-FerrySTOC-4-May-16-19-2013-Paris-Landing-SP-TN
  9. treemuncher

Oddometer:
    The Moonshine Lunch Run is this weekend. I will be donating 3 packages of theICEdevice to the door prize list. These will be given away during the Friday night dinner ceremony.

More info on the MLR can be found at http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

This is a great event to start off the motorcycling season. Monies raised from the event go to help local charities.

I've also arranged for Sjaak Lucassen of the Polar Ice Ride to make an appearance at the event. He is currently in the middle of his extreme ride from Barrow, Alaska to Key West, Florida. He left Alaska first! :eek1 He's been riding in temps as cold as -40 degrees :huh

Come see Sjaak and hear about his worldwide travels on motorcycles.